What's new

India, US set to ink $1.4bn deal for 22 Apache helicopters

Hi guys getting some intresting news, word is that India want another 80 of these beast and the US is keen to do business.

Pakistan have aslso asked for the Apache and the US has said no way to them.

Now there is some other rumour going around that Israel wants the USA to join it and India in R&D but not just in weapons but across the board, Israel is pushing the cause keenly with the Americians.

Not sure if this is just gossip, but if India are interested in another 80 Apaches what are India going to use them for?

I doubt about the additional 80 figure but 40 more are very likely...:agree:
we have huge borders to protect as we live in loving surrounding...:sniper:

I doubt about the additional 80 figure but 40 more are very likely...:agree:
we have huge borders to protect as we live in loving surrounding...:sniper:

No he may be right since IAF & IA both will have separate squads of Apache so maybe 22 IAF & 22 IA, with equal nos. of follow on orders from both taking the total to 80+, making India the largest operator of these birds outside US.

No he may be right since IAF & IA both will have separate squads of Apache so maybe 22 IAF & 22 IA, with equal nos. of follow on orders from both taking the total to 80+, making India the largest operator of these birds outside US.

agreed but i don't see a single follow on order of 80+ apache coming anytime soon but we may end up operating 100+ Apache in 2-3 orders...:)

You could nail a fine fighter jet with 63 millions per, that is a brutal loot. I mean India is really rich, we could only afford WZ10.

You could nail a fine fighter jet with 63 millions per, that is a brutal loot.

you r getting it all wrong the 1.4 billion doesn't translate into 63 million per piece as also includes :
1. Cost of missiles n other weapons
2. Setting up infrastructure n training facilities as this is the first time India is going for a US attack heli

the follow on orders will have much lower per unit price

besides u can't use a fighter AC for a attack heli n visa versa...:wave:

You could nail a fine fighter jet with 63 millions per, that is a brutal loot. I mean India is really rich, we could only afford WZ10.

This is ur MATHS, GENIUS!!! :lol:

$1.4 billion/ 22 = $ 63 million OK, but it also includes training, associate equipment, weapons package, spare supplies etc.

Mr Han Your Factual Stupidity speaks Volumes in each comment you Post.

Your AVIATION is Based on Russian Engines
Your Navy is Based on Russian /French Systems Copied.
Your Foto-copy Industry is based on Forging and infringement of INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY Rights.
Your Latest Tin-cans are Copy of F22/F35 Read in Respected Military Groups like MilitaryPhotos.net Comments onthe same, if you need help to wake up let me know.

Your Victor in 1962 was on an Army of STRENGTH 80,000 against 1.2 Million. Thanks to your Nation for Waking us up, we gave back in 65 to Pakistan and Took Back in 71. Had there been no 62, we would have lost much more land to PAKISTAN. Thanks again Great Power.

FYI Japanese Air Chief was recently in India post visit from Japanese Defence Minister.
Your Defat by Vietnam/ Your Defeat by Russia/Your Defeat by JAPAN is Monumental.

With Japan Rising Chinese are having Doubts rember, Recent artilces in Peoples Daily are Good Examples.

An injury always Haunts like 62 to us and Nanjing Masscare and Japanese Ruthlessness to Entire China. Japan will rule SOuth China Sea once again wait for 5 more years.

Your scholar Sun TZU has said a Powerful force needs to be Humble and ignorant is Prowdy!!

Dont be a Sunny JIM AGAIN.

Japan is a dead meat when it face china. As to India, all I wanna say is, just forget it.

64 million dollars apiece?

How much does an F-15 cost?

What was the original price tag for an F-35?

Price tag of F-35 ~$150 million if I'm not mistaken.

Price tag of F-15 is likely to be $100 million (as of 2012).

This deal also includes spares, infrastructure, ammo, training, etc. Saudi Arabia spend $30 billion over F-15s, upgrades, spares, training and even some Apaches. The Americans like to offer packages.

It's not a bad deal. It doesn't hurt to spend a bit more on something that is actually good. A war machine should not have any compromise whatsoever.

Nehru was think exactly the same way as you do, what was the result?

Nehru was a stupid man he started making claims with any ground support...:suicide:
Plus the situation has changed a lot its no more 1962
A lot of infrastructural work is going on in NE n along with setting up of new air bases n revival n modernization of the old air fields along with soon to start deliveries of heavy lifters like C-17

besides we also have a healthy n growing trade relation with China in recent past
unless China wan't to create another sworn enemy with 1.2 billion people i don't see much progress on war front
but yes border disputes n small face offs will continue....:agree:

If the warning from the communist govt. was not enough , now we have it's propaganda fed citizens issuing some .

All hot air & no substance.

Any chance IN going for the Naval version of Apaches???

Back
Top Bottom