What's new

More than 20 dead, doctor says, as anti-China riots spread in Vietnam

The Chinese are making a terrible mistake by banking on us not doing anything to compromise our economic growth. This riot is a clear message that the Vietnamese workers (yes it's the workers) are telling them and our own government that they will risk losing their jobs just to show how dissatisfied they're with China.

This riot is also a great excuse to show these low paying FDI companies that they need to behave and have better respect for our workers. I'm pretty sure our workers are fed up with these FDI companies so they use this event as an excuse to take on these companies at the same time. The fools in here are keep babbling about how these workers are going to lose their jobs. Well, it's a no brainer that these workers don't give a shit about losing their jobs (cuz it's already too low in pay anyway) that's why they burn down all the FDI factories .

You guys know that Ha Tinh province is one of the poorest provinces of Vietnam? Currently, Taiwan Formosa is builidng a steel complex and deep water port here to provide locals with 10,000 jobs. Guess what, the riot at this place is even exceeding the one in Binh Duong which resulted in several Chinese deaths. Does it look like we're in a desperate mode to attact FDI companies like we were 20 years ago?

:lol: Yes yes.. Another fool speak. Vietnam don't welcome foreign investment.

We feel sorry for the Chinese and other factories in Binh Duong. Those workers were really mad. Sorry.

Chinese are in Vietnam legally should be safe and protected but Chinese ships robing our sea will be kicked out sooner or later.

The Chinese are making a terrible mistake by banking on us not doing anything to compromise our economic growth. This riot is a clear message that the Vietnamese workers (yes it's the workers) are telling them and our own government that they will risk losing their jobs just to show how dissatisfied they're with China.

This riot is also a great excuse to show these low paying FDI companies that they need to behave and have better respect for our workers. I'm pretty sure our workers are fed up with these FDI companies so they use this event as an excuse to take on these companies at the same time. The fools in here are keep babbling about how these workers are going to lose their jobs. Well, it's a no brainer that these workers don't give a shit about losing their jobs (cuz it's already too low in pay anyway) that's why they burn down all the FDI factories .

You guys know that Ha Tinh province is one of the poorest provinces of Vietnam? Currently, Taiwan Formosa is builidng a steel complex and deep water port here to provide locals with 10,000 jobs. Guess what, the riot at this place is even exceeding the one in Binh Duong which resulted in several Chinese deaths. Does it look like we're in a desperate mode to attact FDI companies like we were 20 years ago?

This riot is like hitting your own foot with a sledge hammer. Your development will falter for quite some time. You are not a super rich country to afford this kind of negative news.

Hope this is common opinion in Vietnam, I am glad.

Seems many people hope they can skyrocket to be strong and rich like American one step, gambler's mentality!

We feel sorry for the Chinese and other factories in Binh Duong. Those workers were really mad. Sorry.
This is anti-China protest and riot, not anti-illegalty, you vietnamese like making excuse that the casualty are illegal worker, if that why don't do something before? do you know what's human right, that before you some vietnamese here "teach" us Chinese?

Chinese are in Vietnam legally should be safe and protected but Chinese ships robing our sea will be kicked out sooner or later.
your talk is sh!t before the fact that some Chinese has been killed and hurted, I have said before, your protest against us can't scare us, who are scared mostly? your government, they can't drive it, I hope your protest keep on, and become bigger, more people join in, I think it will, because now more people are jobless.

Last edited:
Vietnam customs captured a packet coming from China containing explosives and weapons.

I hope your government is not the mastermind behind the riot. otherwise we can assume you want to trigger chaos and riots in Vietnam as pretext to start a war against Vietnam. We remember one of the reasons you started a war in the year 1979 was as you said "mistreatment of Chinese".

the rioters were organised. they probably planned their ill actions for months.

Vietnam is really the one which has to hope that China's government was not involved,
otherwise it would real be a terrible shame that a large amount of Vietnamese people easily incited and controlled by their "enemy" -to bring harm to their own country.

As I say, an egg pretend to be a rock and smash herself into another rock. See who get's hurt. :lol:

I watched the news from HK, they even damaged Japanese and Korean factories.
The Japanese officer asked for reparation from Vietnam.

Viets, pay attention. Our foreign ministery has formally lauched protest this afternoon. We will also send a team of officials to your country to investigate this event. Finally we begin to act, you don't want to easily get away with this.

your happy hour is over, now it is time to pay the price, skyrock high.

Frankly speaking I dont know what Ito Hirobumi said to Lý Hồng Chương after first Sino - Japan war in 1985, it was hurted Chinese people until now.

Japan Imperial used force to annex territory of Man Qing dynasty China to Japan in 1895 is wrong.( other territories annexed to China by Man Qing is wrong too)

But don't forget that after modernized Man Qing Navy in time of 慈禧太后; Từ Hy Thái Hậu ( I don't know how to typing in Pinyin), Man Qing China was very arrogant, like China now and China would like destroy Japan. The result of the war, is clear Man Qing was the loser.

I think its the first lesson Japanese have been teached you. Every strength is limited, China is strong, but Japan is stronger.
When two counries consulted what would write in the treaty, the Man Qing government ordered Li Hongzhang should ask a good deal from Japan. Li did the best but Ito Hirobumi only answered" As a senior diplomat, you should know Weak countries have no diplomatic!" Now China's GDP is twice more than Japan and will overtake USA as the biggest economy in the world, you cannot understand that is what kind of shame and feeling from "Sick man of East Asia" to a super power with 1.4 billon people.

International news claimed 20 dead.
Oh, please, did you read the article from the first news !???
Reuters news was inform by Vietnamese contributor, and she is nobody to confirm the number with International news.

Vietnamese Government announced it official: Only one dead until now. Unless Vietnamese Govt lied to everyone.

Seriously, this would be a prefect "excuse"~
Oh, Could they !???

I disagree.

We need investments. we need money, jobs and expertise from overseas for economics development. we are very far from the level seen in Japan or Singapore.

the violence is deadly wrong. there is no excuse. Sorry to Taiwan. The Taiwanese are much more reasonable than mainlanders. Ignore the fools from China. their insultings never impress me.

Viets, pay attention. Our foreign ministery has formally lauched protest this afternoon. We will also send a team of officials to your country to investigate this event. Finally we begin to act, you don't want to easily get away with this.

Pay the price for illegal workers ?? what kind of law is this ?? Jungle law ?? why must we pay the price for the dead of the smugglers ?? Did any countries in the world have to pay for the dead of the illegal smugglers ??

Let me tell u one thing, Guys in Ha Tinh province r very tough. U will get Nothing from them.

actually I welcome the news. Vietnam and China should talk more and ram less at sea. the tension fuels the domestic unrest and harms everybody. That is not in China interest, if thing gets out of control in Vietnam. It is not wise, if you push Vietnam into the corner. Learn history.

According to Xinhua, the riot left a Chinese citizen dead and more than 100 others injured. That is pretty much lower than the number announced initially. RIP and Sorry to the family of the death.

Vietnam government says 1,000 suspects were arrested. Some rioters and murderers are among the suspects, they will severely punished by law.

Last edited:
actually I welcome the news. Vietnam and China should talk more and ram less at sea. the tension fuels the domestic unrests and harms everybody. That is not in China interest, if thing gets out of control in Vietnam.

According to Xinhua, the riot left a Chinese citizen dead and more than 100 others injured. That is pretty much lower than the number announced initially. RIP and Sorry to the family of the death.

Vietnam government says 1,000 suspects were arrested. Some rioters and murderers are among the suspects, they will severely punished by law.

It doesn't matter, we are just having our popcorn show by watching you guys destroying your own economy.

While now Japan and South Korea are in agreement to launch a free trade zone in East Asia with China taking the lead.

Sometimes to get too serious with the geopolitic games, too much emotional outburst has ruined decades of your fruitful outcome from your economic reform. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom