What's new

More of world's poor live in India : Guardian/UN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The focus of this thread has changed so much since i last posted. My message of peace and understanding always fails miserably in this forum :smokin:

Don't let it affect your thoughts though. Sensible and unbiased comments are very rare in this forum these days, we need more people like yourself:cheers:

I know all of this.... indians dont need to learn about economic from pakistanis...

the point that i was making is 10 % of population cannot make up for the 90 % of population... dude .. please try to read in the context... u just read out of context... i can understand that... chill

Good for you, and yes you do need to learn from Pakistan.. rather Pakistan's mistakes, need i remind you that trend was opposite a couple of decades ago?.. oh wait, you were very young or not even born yet right?.. so yeah.. Chill.. look at the GDPC table in this link we were way ahead of India and even China till 1990s..

And as far as your 10% and 90% are concerned, the original figures are 27% and 73%.. here i'm quoting something for you

With regard to wealth inequality (researchers defined wealth as the value of physical and financial assets minus debts), a 2006 report with data from 2000 concluded that:
-"India dominates the bottom third of the global wealth distribution, contributing a little under a third (27 per cent to be precise) of this group. The middle third of the distribution is the domain of China which supplies more than a third of those in deciles 4-8. At the top end, North America, Europe and high-income Asia monopolise the top decile, each regional group accounting for around one third of the richest wealth holders" (Davies et al. 2006, p. 27)
-"the top 10 per cent of adults own 85 per cent of global household wealth, so that the average member of this group has 8.5 times the global average holding. The corresponding figures for the top 5 per cent, top 2 per cent, and top 1 per cent are 71 per cent (14.2 times the average), 51 per cent (25 times the average) and 40 per cent (40 times the average), respectively. This compares with the bottom half of the distribution which collectively owns barely 1 per cent of global wealth. Thus the top 1 per cent own almost 40 times as much as the bottom 50 per cent. The contrast with the bottom decile of wealth holders is even starker. The average member of the top decile nearly 3000 times the mean wealth of the bottom decile, and the average member of the top percentile is more than 13,000 times richer." (Davies et al. 2006, p. 26)

Here's the link for you..

Another desperate India bashing thread, yes India has poor people and India is working towards resolving the issue, unlike Pakistan that likes to blame other countries for every single issue they have. Such threads only go to show how much obsessed Pakistanis really are with India, we are the worlds 4th biggest economy but still they can only see the poor people that we have. Now thats what we call obsession. A failed nation calling out a emerging world power, hilarious, Woh kehte nehi hai ki apna ghar toh sambahala nehi jata aur dosaro ka ghar ujadne chale hai.

With only 200 mn population , this figure shows the failed state of this country (what have they done in the last 60 yrs???)

Why are you afraid of pasting the article? :P.. Here i'll paste it for you..

ISLAMABAD: For the third year in a row, the government of Pakistan refused to state how many people in the country live below the poverty line, although estimates based on data provided by the finance ministry in its economic survey suggest that the poverty rate may have increased to an astonishing 43%.

During much of the press conference, both Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Sheikh and the finance secretary refused to answer the question on poverty and unemployment rates, despite the fact that nearly every journalist present started off by asking about those two key metrics of the nation’s economic health.

Process of Compiling: The question was usually summarily ignored by both the minister and other officials present before the finance secretary finally gave a non-answer, saying that he had no new information on the matter. Since the last poverty survey in 2006, there are no new figures on poverty, said Finance Secretary Waqar Masood, during a press conference that marked the release of the 2011 Economic Survey. The government is in the process of compiling the results of its new poverty survey and will be able to release the data next year. In 2006, the government had determined that 22.3%, a figure that hid the fact that there was an increasingly wide gap between the poverty rates in urban and rural areas. Poverty rates in urban areas are lower by as much as 20% compared to rural areas. The government uses the World Bank’s definition of poverty, which is any person earning less than $1.25 per day. In Pakistan, that figure comes to any person living on less than Rs3,243 per month. The government has not given any reason as to why it does not produce even estimates of the poverty rates, even though this year’s economic survey seems to include suggestions on how much it might have increased by. By the ADB’s estimates, as cited by the ministry of finance, every 10% increase in food prices pushes 2.2% of Pakistan’s population below the poverty line.
The ministry estimates that food prices have risen 94% since its last poverty survey. If the ADB’s estimates hold across several years, poverty in Pakistan has increased to an astonishing 43%. Data from the finance ministry suggest that nearly 75% of the population lives very close to the poverty line and very small changes can push very large numbers of people below it, while relatively medium-paced economic growth can also bring several million people out of poverty as well.

Do you see the difference??? we use $1.25/day as poverty line.. whereas India uses INR 12 as Poverty Line.. Even then we are 43% (not confirmed, last report said 22.3%) after a decade of WoT and losing 68 billion along with all the Industry, economic stability, and even then we are rising at 2.5%..

Another desperate India bashing thread, yes India has poor people and India is working towards resolving the issue, unlike Pakistan that likes to blame other countries for every single issue they have. Such threads only go to show how much obsessed Pakistanis really are with India, we are the worlds 4th biggest economy but still they can only see the poor people that we have. Now thats what we call obsession. A failed nation calling out a emerging world power, hilarious, Woh kehte nehi hai ki apna ghar toh sambahala nehi jata aur dosaro ka ghar ujadne chale hai.

Ahhhh typical self pity.. we do not blame anyone else for our problems, its a GLOBAL fact that Pakistan was FORCED into Soviet-Afghan war, just like it is FORCED into WoT.. and we are working towards sorting it out..

So when you bash us, you forget that there are things which we can bash you on too??.. gareban main jhanknay ki aadat dalo bhai ji!!! It'll help ease off your tension..

Ahhhh typical self pity.. we do not blame anyone else for our problems, its a GLOBAL fact that Pakistan was FORCED into Soviet-Afghan war, just like it is FORCED into WoT.. and we are working towards sorting it out..

So when you bash us, you forget that there are things which we can bash you on too??.. gareban main jhanknay ki aadat dalo bhai ji!!! It'll help ease off your tension..

You cannot bash us in Poverty cause 50% of your population is below poverty line and 99% of your population is without proper electricity...you are well ahead of us in these things apart from terrorism...

can u tel wat steps dat ur govn taking to remove poverty in pakistan.

Yup!! they are grabbing money with both hands.. you see Pakistan's Government is poor.. so they are trying to get rich.. Once they get rich, they are gonna fly away to far far away lands, until another "shaheed" is born..

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

You cannot bash us in Poverty cause 50% of your population is below poverty line and 99% of your population is without proper electricity...you are well ahead of us in these things apart from terrorism...

read post # 126 please

Yup!! they are grabbing money with both hands.. you see Pakistan's Government is poor.. so they are trying to get rich.. Once they get rich, they are gonna fly away to far far away lands, until another "shaheed" is born..

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

read post # 126 please

provide me the link of this rupee news..

provide me the link of this rupee news..

Shows you mentality..

the post i pasted was an article who's link was provided by YOUR countryman, who didn't pasted the article cuz it had no solid value..

go figure it out..

If you responded with a logical response i'll respond to you.. otherwise you are just a troll..

that quote fits well for you, you are so obsessed with us.

No it does fit you...

and BTW, you are the one in "Pakistan Affairs".. tell me who is obsessed again? :P

Back to topic: Do you have any credible thing to refute what i said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom