What's new

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are they going to do about the katrina veet posters in f10 markaz? stupid brain dead mullahs

i fear for your future wife
I am pretty sure @Zarvan will be a begum ka farmabardar kind of guy. :p

Sir @syedali73 @Jf Thunder what do u personally think of this ad

Asim-Jofa-Emaan-1.jpg

From what angle is this model on this monstrous billboard , showing the design details of the outfit

Not too long ago, writing with pencil, or a pen with metal nib, printing press, wearing English-style shoes, travelling by train, and even using loud speaker was not allowed and fatawa from Ulema are there. Today? the Ulema belonging to the same school of thought cant live without these amenities specially the loud speaker.

Please understand that objectification of anybody, women or men and wisely employing them (as model) to present a product where emphasis is on the product and not the person per se are two very different things. Using them as sex symbol is something every sane Asian let alone Muslim will object for that indeed is vulgarity. However, if you look at the ads in the opening post, there is no such thing as that. Even my wife finds is helpful to see somebody (either a model or a figure) wearing an apparel for this gives her better idea in 3D as to how the dress looks rather than seeing it on the hanger.

@Spring Onion @Akheilos @Shamain: Please share your thoughts.
I wont play a hypocrite ,i dont see justifying these ads going by what i have understood from my study of islam. I dont support using any female in any ads. We can tell men to lower their gaze but when there will be such temptations raised all around how much they will avoid? Tv dekhain tau aurtain, sarkon pay ayin tau aurton kay posters ,woh bhi kam nahi tha us pay large billboards laga dain. A woman passing by is one thing and a women put on display is another. Khair aurton kee marzi woh jaisay ads karain. What can i say. Yeh woh age hai jab insan ko apna iman bachana chaheay ,so i wont say much. And zarvan did have some valid points,he got intensely cornered.

Sab yehi kehtay hain aur keh rahay hain is thread may dont look at ads from gandi nazrain ,yehi sab iss form pay aurton ka aik aik part dissect kartay hain. And then we have an issue we have a very very frustrated society. Laws arent fully implemented and we bring more trouble on ourselves.

But i am still ok with properly dressed models in ads tho not fully happy. Then i also believe women should be given a choice whether they want to do this job or not.(which they have in pakistan). And honestly women participation in society and progress can be done in many other ways, actually practical ways, other career domains where its needed to be done........but there we are sitting centuries behind but ad industry may hum aurton ko bohat agay lay aey hain
Tho ads on front page werent promiscuous, maybe apart from some sleeveless thing,which they cud have toned down by only attaching 4 to 5 inches long short sleeves.

But yes i am terribly put off by this defacing.
Btw these extremist minded guys ,have the sickest minds u will find.
Samajh nahi ata y gov doesnt run checks on seminary curicullums and undo lal masjid msdrassah and remove everyone fron there. Kya hoga Pakistan ka.

What ppl who support these defacing acts dont understand that these seminaries have corrupted versions of shairah,their views on certain issue might look acceptable but if given a chance to implement their shariah,the sort of things they believe in, they will suffocate and destroy everything entire society. Allah forbid.

And with due respect to u ali bahi one last point, u said that 3d images or models dressed in clothes helps, junaid jamshed uses mannequîns for females for his labels dress shoots, and he has a pretty thriving business. There is a very big homebased desingers industry who mostly display their clothes on hangers and share pics online and have tons of positive reviews sitting on their fb pages.

Lastly, modelling for clothes on ramp...its only elite that attends those shows, and i recall a supermodel amna shafats words regarding that, she had totally left ramp mmodelling, these are her words:

"I did one ramp show when I was starting out and discovered it to be more of an exhibition in our country than a fashion show." Frowning, she adds, "Men especially attend the shows just to ogle at the girls. I don't think I could ever stand being an object of exhibition." Since then, she has decided to forego the catwalk. "

Can this PDF ban Zarvan idiot???? In fact, he doesn't have great knowledges on Islam and Quran but distorting. What is differences between Zarvan and Lal Masjid Mullah?

He seems everywhere to represent PDF forum and encourage newcomers to become like him, they thought he has some great knowledges on military stuffs and threads.

:disagree:
He does not even have basic knowledge of Islam. Neither he knows Arabic, nor he has read Quran with understanding. His net knowledge, information I should call, is derived from semi-literate Tableeghis who are as closed minded and low IQ as is he. Most of his argument is based on few weak ahadith, in-fact 'riwayat' that cant be verified from Quran. There are only two places in entire Quran where Muslim's moral practices pertaining to how they should dress are discussed, one in surah al Noor and second in surah al Ahzaab. Surah al Ahzaab (33: 59) that he an semi-literate tableeghis present as proof of hijaab or purdah does not even talk about covering one's face or even head. Besides, intellectually dishonests and illiterates would never take into consideration the reference to the context (33: 58 and 60-62) and simply pick up the particular ayah (33: 59) from the middle of nowhere. Does he even know the 'shan e nuzool' of ayah 58-61 of surah al Ahzaab? Lets hear from him for I am pretty much prepared to rip his jahalat into tiny little pieces.

@Zarvan: Talk to me about surah al Ahzaab... tell me what is your understanding of 33:58, 33: 59, 33:60, 33:61, 33:62?

@Secur: You sir now witness the tamasha of what I am going to do to this fake mullah.
@WebMaster: Please stop Zarvan from habitually calling others as liar.

Last edited:
I am related to him as well. Tell me how much was in his bank account when he passed away Rajphoot? :lol:

Remember Ojhri camp? I can't disclose too much on public forum, but I know someone who was quite close to Zia. Your support for Zia is just like urdu speakers' support for Altaf Hussain. lol.

He does not even have basic knowledge of Islam. Neither he knows Arabic, nor he has read Quran with understanding. His net knowledge, information I should call, is derived from semi-literate Tableeghis who are as closed minded and low IQ as is he. Most of his argument is based on few weak ahadith, in-fact 'riwayat' that cant be verified from Quran. There are only two places in entire Quran where Muslim's moral practices pertaining to how they should dress are discussed, one in surah al Noor and second in surah al Ahzaab. Surah al Ahzaab (33: 59) that he an semi-literate tableeghis present as proof of hijaab or purdah does not even talk about covering one's face or even head. Besides, intellectually dishonests and illiterates would never take into consideration the reference to the context (33: 58 and 60-62) and simply pick up the particular ayah (33: 59) from the middle of nowhere. Does he even know the 'shan e nuzool' of ayah 58-61 of surah al Ahzaab? Lets hear from him for I am pretty much prepared to rip his jahalat into tiny little pieces.

@Zarvan: Talk to me about surah al Ahzaab... tell me what is your understanding of 33:58, 33: 59, 33:60, 33:61, 33:62?

@Secur: You sir now witness the tamasha of what I am going to do to this fake mullah.
@WebMaster: Please stop Zarvan from habitually calling others as liar.
Mr I have knowledge of Islam and you in past 1400 are the first guy who denies that this ayat is not for covering face even those who saying covering face is not compulsory even they don't deny that this ayat is not for covering face. Secondly even those those say face covering is not must say that it is preferred not must. Thirdly even those who say it is not compulsory to cover face even they don't allow these haram so called modest ads because they are completely opposite and in contradiction with order and conditions of Hijab.
@WebMaster First I haven't called any one liar secondly close this thread @Horus @waz

Mr I have knowledge of Islam and you in past 1400 are the first guy who denies that this ayat is not for covering face even those who saying covering face is not compulsory even they don't deny that this ayat is not for covering face. Secondly even those those say face covering is not must say that it is preferred not must. Thirdly even those who say it is not compulsory to cover face even they don't allow these haram so called modest ads because they are completely opposite and in contradiction with order and conditions of Hijab.
@WebMaster First I haven't called any one liar secondly close this thread @Horus @waz
Your knowledge my foot. Talk to my about surah al Ahzab starting from ayah 58 to 62.

I have knowledge people here are running away. Quran and Sunnah are clear on these things and they are Haram.

Sorry I can't say anything much but you make yourself look dumb, brainwashing, and illiterate.

Your thought are very much like ISIS or Talibans terrorists groups.

@ghoul, how to reduce salafists mentality in Pakistan education? :(

Your knowledge my foot. Talk to my about surah al Ahzab starting from ayah 58 to 62.
I would don't worry and it's you who are trying come up with ignorant and false ways to defend and justify Haram not me

Sorry I can't say anything much but you make yourself look dumb, brainwashing, and illiterate.

Your thought are very much like ISIS or Talibans terrorists groups.

@ghoul, how to reduce salafists mentality in Pakistan education? :(
My thoughts are based on Quran and Sunnah and I only tell what Quran and Sunnah says.

I would don't worry and it's you who are trying come up with ignorant and false ways to defend and justify Haram not me.
Haram my foot. Talk to me about surah al Ahzaab from ayah 58 to 62. Tell me the 'shan e nuzool' of these ayah.

I would don't worry and it's you who are trying come up with ignorant and false ways to defend and justify Haram not me

My thoughts are based on Quran and Sunnah and I only tell what Quran and Sunnah says.

Can you stop being stupid again, just answer @syedali73's Surah Al Ahzab verses first?

Ayat 58 says for chaste women the moment these women decided to have photoshoots and get their pictures posted in public they lost chastity and committed a sin next ayat is tell women to cover their faces the words refer to a kind of cloth which was put over faces and Hazrat AYESHA RA have said when this ayat came after that no women used to go out without covering her face. Next ayats tell their would be some people who still would try to find ways to disturb women if women is in full Hijab and still being teased than those tease her have to be severely punished .
Question : Where on earth these ayats allow so call decent adds ? in fact they do exactly opposite .
@VelocuR

Ayat 58 says for chaste women the moment these women decided to have photoshoots and get their pictures posted in public they lost chastity and committed a sin next ayat is tell women to cover their faces the words refer to a kind of cloth which was put over faces and Hazrat AYESHA RA have said when this ayat came after that no women used to go out without covering her face. Next ayats tell their would be some people who still would try to find ways to disturb women if women is in full Hijab and still being teased than those tease her have to be severely punished .
Question : Where on earth these ayats allow so call decent adds ? in fact they do exactly opposite .
@VelocuR
Are you drunk Zarvan?

Ayat 58 says for chaste women the moment these women decided to have photoshoots and get their pictures posted in public they lost chastity and committed a sin...

Boy, I did not know cameras were available 1500 years ago and Arab women used to get their photo-shoots and did not stop their but post them in public too... using facebook I guess?

Surah al Ahzaab, ayah 58 - Arabic text and English translation:

Clipboard01.jpg

And this moron Zarvan is translating ayah 58 as:
Ayat 58 says for chaste women the moment these women decided to have photoshoots and get their pictures posted in public they lost chastity and committed a sin...

@WebMaster @Irfan Baloch Now if I give this idiot a negative rating, will you come after me? This fake mullah is talking about photo-shoots in the time of Prophet (PBUH).

@Secur @Akheilos @Shamain @Slav Defence @WAJsal @Gufi @Hyperion

You must not miss this show of idiocy.

Last edited:
Are you drunk Zarvan?

Boy, I did not know cameras were available 1500 years ago and Arab women used to get their photo-shoots and did not stop their but post them in public too... using facebook I guess?

@Secur
Mr yes we judge things in light of Quran and Sunnah and first is How much body has to be covered than their are conditions of Hijab ?
So firstly even most modest pgotoshoots are not done wearing Hijab they are not allowed even with Hijab secondly putting them in public to attract people breaks all conditions of Hijab so I am not drunk you need to use common sense and study and think again before talking @Secur

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again
KALBE ALI

55aee98384714.jpg

Photographs of models on these billboards in an Islamabad market have been defaced. — Photos by Ishaque Chaudhry
ISLAMABAD: Are they back – the moral brigades that blackened the faces of women on advertisement boards in 2007?

At least that is what people feared when they found bared arms and faces of models on billboards defaced in Super Market during Eid shopping spree.

Nobody saw who did it but thoughts went back to religious activists, mainly seminary students, who did the same during the Lal Masjid-inspired heady ‘islah’ (reform) campaign in the federal capital eight years ago.

However, like then, neither the advertisers nor their clients have felt reporting the vandalism to the police or the Capital Development Authority (CDA).

But privately, and guardedly, many have expressed despair at the possible return of the moral brigades.

“I cannot understand what anybody will gain by causing loss to me,” said Sohail Shah, the advertiser of two of the three billboards disfigured at the Super Market.

“It will cost me Rs10,000 to change the smeared reflector screen,” he added. “Insurance is not available against vandalism and charging clients would be unreasonable and damaging to my business.”

Sobia Amir, the owner of a salon, said her ‘well-wishers’ blamed the act on right-wing students, but felt “not much can be done about it.”

55aee9941b985.jpg

Photographs of models on these billboards in an Islamabad market have been defaced. — Photos by Ishaque Chaudhry
Like most business persons of the city, she was reluctant to dwell any further on the subject out of fear of “firebrand clerics.”

Because the billboards were disfigured in the vicinity of a girls’ college, a cloth merchant of Super Market said, “it is possible that by striking in the heart of the city at the dead of night the vandals wanted wider coverage to their message.”

The owner of a shopping plaza, Iskander Khan, observed that madressah students indulge in such “hooliganism” to try to enforce the attire their teachers consider proper for women.

“Islamabad has no culture of hooliganism. Such incidents are rare and young Taliban are usually behind them in an effort to enforce their sharia on us,” he said, tracing the incidents to the street marches by the “female brigades” of Lal Masjid in 2007.

“We all remember the mild harassment students of big and small seminaries in F-7, F-6 and E-7 resorted to, armed with sticks, in various city markets that year,” recalled Muzamil Sabri, the president of Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

He said the ICCI felt concerned at the loss individual advertisers have suffered but more so for the fear syndrome that the incidents portend for the business environment in the city.

55aee9c571c2f.jpg

“They don’t seem to be as belligerent this time though, as the defacing (of the advertisements) took place in the dark of night,” he added.

Perhaps the last such act in the city was reported in F-10 area in 2012.

Unlike in the past, the vandals did not leave behind such messages in their latest act of hooliganism as “fahashi, bayhayi band karo” (stop vulgarity, immorality).”

Members of the business community feel the authorities need to take notice of this practice before it spreads. “Our union leaders should take it up with them and the police,” said a businessman in Super Market who too did not wish to be named.

“Madressah students live in a different world. We don’t want to engage them,” he said. “But the police can request their teachers to restrain them from uncivil behaviour.”

An officer of the Kohsar police station, on the other hand, said, “We don’t act on our own but on an FIR which only people who feel hurt by an action can lodge.”

Although he acknowledged that “religious elements are usually behind such incidents”, he said people avoid registering an FIR against them.

When Dawn contacted the managements of Jamia Fareedia in E-7, Jamia Muhammadia F-6, Taleemul Quran F-7 and another seminary in F-6, all refused to comment, saying “the relevant persons” were away on Eid holidays.

However, an official of a small seminary in F-6 shot back at the query regarding the defacing: “Do you want to see Muslim women in such a state? There should be a ban on such nakedness because it is a conspiracy of the West against Islam.”

Published in Dawn, July 22nd, 2015
I am 100% sure its the ISIS-Pakistan (Formerly known as Al-Qadea-Pakistani). I think They should call in the Police and the paramilitary to kick them out from the entire Pakistan now!

But privately, and guardedly, many have expressed despair at the possible return of the moral brigades.

Where is the proof that some moral brigade is behind this? The article itself states ''possibility'' and zan is not daleel in Sharia!

Never the less, damaging public and private property is haram. The sin on the women for exposing themselves is with them and Allah. Yes, it is haram!

Read some comments on this thread; question to the perverts: put up your wife, sisters, daughters pictures on billboards for all to see.

This is how the Ulima ikram say it, if you would not like it for yourself, then you should not ask of others.

Nabi as'salathuwa'salaam said: “None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself” [Bukhari and Muslim]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom