What's new

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the proof that some moral brigade is behind this? The article itself states ''possibility'' and zan is not daleel in Sharia!

Never the less, damaging public and private property is haram. The sin on the women for exposing themselves is with them and Allah. Yes, it is haram!

Read some comments on this thread; question to the perverts: put up your wife, sisters, daughters pictures on billboards for all to see.

This is how the Ulima ikram say it, if you would not like it for yourself, then you should not ask of others.

Nabi as'salathuwa'salaam said: “None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself” [Bukhari and Muslim]
Please I have proven them from Quran and Sunnah but they come with pathetic arguments to defend Haram

I am not going to read all the religious discussion but can anyone tell me in plain English if it is mandatory in Islam to use a head scarf (hijab?) or not?

Please I have proven them from Quran and Sunnah but they come with pathetic arguments to defend Haram

I have read your posts. May Allah bless you for remaining steadfast, even though the scholars you have quoted are...well I know them well. On this issue, the understanding is no difference to our Barelvi-Ulima Ikram and supported by those Ulima ikram of Dawate-Islami.

I am not going to read all the religious discussion but can anyone tell me in plain English if it is mandatory in Islam to use a head scarf (hijab?) or not?

YES!

I have read your posts. May Allah bless you for remaining steadfast, even though the scholars you have quoted are...well I know them well. On this issue, the understanding is no difference to our Barelvi-Ulima Ikram and supported by those Ulima ikram of Dawate-Islami.

YES!
The issue is agreed upon and since 1400 years. Look at their logic, they say women and men are not allowed to look at each other, but women are allowed to have photoshoots and get their pictures posted on boards and roads to attract people. This is most stupid thing a person can come up with.

The issue is agreed upon and since 1400 years. Look at their logic, they say women and men are not allowed to look at each other, but women are allowed to have photoshoots and get their pictures posted on boards and roads to attract people. This is most stupid thing a person can come up with.

They know they are lying to themselves. Even in our culture we have haya, gharath and if someone has none what can you do?

Sorry I can't say anything much but you make yourself look dumb, brainwashing, and illiterate.

Your thought are very much like ISIS or Talibans terrorists groups.

@ghoul, how to reduce salafists mentality in Pakistan education? :(

No way. Salafists have money(halaal petro dollars), while other sects are piss poor. They're everywhere. Every Islamic tv channel, every website, advertisement, social media etc is dominated by them, hence you see so much publicity for the likes of Zakir Naik. I bet oil money fuels this online(and media) presence of theirs. If you have a question related to religion, the first thing you do is to use google. Almost every search result you get leads to Salafi websites, some of them would even intentionally misinterpret ayats and hadith to serve their agenda.

That's the reason why you get so many Salafi converts, a good number of whom join ISIS.

Last edited:
@syedali73 , first of thank you for sharing your knowledge. Secondly in my opinion you are wasting your time. These people are beyond help. Hope mods wake up and do something.

@syedali73 , first of thank you for sharing your knowledge. Secondly in my opinion you are wasting your time. These people are beyond help. Hope mods wake up and do something.
Send them to
oldest-mental-hospital-video.png

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again
KALBE ALI

55aee98384714.jpg

Photographs of models on these billboards in an Islamabad market have been defaced. — Photos by Ishaque Chaudhry
ISLAMABAD: Are they back – the moral brigades that blackened the faces of women on advertisement boards in 2007?

At least that is what people feared when they found bared arms and faces of models on billboards defaced in Super Market during Eid shopping spree.

Nobody saw who did it but thoughts went back to religious activists, mainly seminary students, who did the same during the Lal Masjid-inspired heady ‘islah’ (reform) campaign in the federal capital eight years ago.

However, like then, neither the advertisers nor their clients have felt reporting the vandalism to the police or the Capital Development Authority (CDA).

But privately, and guardedly, many have expressed despair at the possible return of the moral brigades.

“I cannot understand what anybody will gain by causing loss to me,” said Sohail Shah, the advertiser of two of the three billboards disfigured at the Super Market.

“It will cost me Rs10,000 to change the smeared reflector screen,” he added. “Insurance is not available against vandalism and charging clients would be unreasonable and damaging to my business.”

Sobia Amir, the owner of a salon, said her ‘well-wishers’ blamed the act on right-wing students, but felt “not much can be done about it.”

55aee9941b985.jpg

Photographs of models on these billboards in an Islamabad market have been defaced. — Photos by Ishaque Chaudhry
Like most business persons of the city, she was reluctant to dwell any further on the subject out of fear of “firebrand clerics.”

Because the billboards were disfigured in the vicinity of a girls’ college, a cloth merchant of Super Market said, “it is possible that by striking in the heart of the city at the dead of night the vandals wanted wider coverage to their message.”

The owner of a shopping plaza, Iskander Khan, observed that madressah students indulge in such “hooliganism” to try to enforce the attire their teachers consider proper for women.

“Islamabad has no culture of hooliganism. Such incidents are rare and young Taliban are usually behind them in an effort to enforce their sharia on us,” he said, tracing the incidents to the street marches by the “female brigades” of Lal Masjid in 2007.

“We all remember the mild harassment students of big and small seminaries in F-7, F-6 and E-7 resorted to, armed with sticks, in various city markets that year,” recalled Muzamil Sabri, the president of Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

He said the ICCI felt concerned at the loss individual advertisers have suffered but more so for the fear syndrome that the incidents portend for the business environment in the city.

55aee9c571c2f.jpg

“They don’t seem to be as belligerent this time though, as the defacing (of the advertisements) took place in the dark of night,” he added.

Perhaps the last such act in the city was reported in F-10 area in 2012.

Unlike in the past, the vandals did not leave behind such messages in their latest act of hooliganism as “fahashi, bayhayi band karo” (stop vulgarity, immorality).”

Members of the business community feel the authorities need to take notice of this practice before it spreads. “Our union leaders should take it up with them and the police,” said a businessman in Super Market who too did not wish to be named.

“Madressah students live in a different world. We don’t want to engage them,” he said. “But the police can request their teachers to restrain them from uncivil behaviour.”

An officer of the Kohsar police station, on the other hand, said, “We don’t act on our own but on an FIR which only people who feel hurt by an action can lodge.”

Although he acknowledged that “religious elements are usually behind such incidents”, he said people avoid registering an FIR against them.

When Dawn contacted the managements of Jamia Fareedia in E-7, Jamia Muhammadia F-6, Taleemul Quran F-7 and another seminary in F-6, all refused to comment, saying “the relevant persons” were away on Eid holidays.

However, an official of a small seminary in F-6 shot back at the query regarding the defacing: “Do you want to see Muslim women in such a state? There should be a ban on such nakedness because it is a conspiracy of the West against Islam.”

Published in Dawn, July 22nd, 2015

Harami brigade is active most of the time, it is not a problem. But one protests it then, all sort of diarrhea about the morality. Shame on those people who want to make their mothers are daughters a commercial commodity.

Tharki log, aur naga karo apni maa bhen ko. Lakh Lanat.

I would request all muslims please don't defend haram and keep away from harami's influencing you and corrupting you. These haramis love haram, they have lustful eyes, and want more filth, do not be part of them

So firstly even most modest pgotoshoots are not done wearing Hijab they are not allowed even with Hijab secondly putting them in public to attract people breaks all conditions of Hijab so I am not drunk you need to use common sense and study and think again before talking @Secur

And what did you local Mullah tell you about those times in which Hadiths contradict the Quran? Go ahead, enlighten me. You have zero knowledge of the religion to the extent that you can't even cover basics or answer logical questions. All you have done until now is repeat mindlessly or mass copy paste. Is there any knowledge you possess yourself?

This ad is on every single market on Pakistan
Veet-Miss-Super-Model-Contest-Pakistan-2012-Season-3-2.jpg

Mullahs you lose

Could be one of the three things:

1) Either the idiot Mullahs are really at it
2) Some teenagers are having fun, I have seen same things happening in Europe, teenies having fun with a can of spray paint
3) Dawn has paid some unemployed people to do this, so that they could make a news out of nothing.

Given the recent history of foreign NGO funded Dawn's anti Pakistan tirades, I would strongly tend towards 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom