TruthSeeker

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
United States
Broadband Connection on Moon is a Reality Now
Submitted by Brenda McGregor on Tue, 06/03/2014 - 08:09

broadband-wifi-on-moon.jpg

Yes, it is true that broadband connection on the moon is possible. Researchers from NASA and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) established a wireless internet signal across the 238,900 miles of space with the help of laser beams.

Another interesting unveiling is the broadband connection to the moon has exhibited faster download speed than being offered in the average British home. NASA and MIT researchers said they have successfully completed the mission of the Lunar Laser Communication Demonstration (LLCD).

With an aim to test the probable possibilities of broadband through laser to transfer information through the 384,633 kilometers distance separating the moon and earth, the LLCD was designed that lasted for a month.

Researchers shared they were able to download data from the moon at a speed of 622 megabits per second. Uploading data speed was slower at 19.44 megabits per second, but with this speed, it is possible to transmit high definition videos.

Four separate telescopes were used from a ground terminal in New Mexico and they transmitted the signal to the moon. Researchers did face problems, including turbulence, in the air. Therefore, each of the four telescopes

sent their signal through different paths, meaning all the four telescopes witnessed different bending effects from the atmosphere. But with this, chances of getting connectivity with the receiver connected to a satellite also increase.

NASA and MIT team will present their findings at the CLEO laser technology conference to be held in California on June 9.

Broadband Connection on Moon is a Reality Now | French Tribune

So, does the PDF have a "moon" location flag??

Wow. ...moon has wifi but Pakistan still hasnt got even proper electricity :(

I thought they had something like that already up and running on the moon in 1999.

its not something we cant achieve , its something which require Political Will
or prob some people just collect money and hell with the govt like how some business men did some road works in Sahiwal few yrs back they were like govt is useless....Back to the moon dont wanna derail!

or prob some people just collect money and hell with the govt like how some business men did some road works in Sahiwal few yrs back they were like govt is useless....Back to the moon dont wanna derail!

yep i agree. by the what would be speed of internet on moon ?

yep i agree. by the what would be speed of internet on moon ?
lolz no idea all I can think is how much did they spend !! :blink:

Researchers shared they were able to download data from the moon at a speed of 622 megabits per second. Uploading data speed was slower at 19.44 megabits per second, but with this speed, it is possible to transmit high definition videos.

Back
Top Bottom