What's new

Right to broadband: New policy to be ready in 100 days

With my 256Kbps plan I get around 60Kbps download speed.If you are paying so much why not switch to Vodafone or Reliance? Are these ISPs not available in your town?
Only BSNL Broadband connection is available in my town :(

I want to kill our last telecom minister because mobile internet become more than 4 times expensive within 2 years. Vodafone used to give 2gb data for rs 100 and now we get only 500mb for rs 100 which don't even last for a week. curse you whoever made internet so expensive.

i pay Rs 800 for 512 kbps bsnl wimax. had bsnl broadband . too much disconnection. wimax is much better than bsnl broadband except for gaming. i envy Hydrabadis. they have one of the best- BEAM broadband. Kapil sibal promised 2 mbps by 2014 january.
perfect strategy of a lawyer. tarikh pe tarikh . tarikh pe tarikh.

India to make broadband access a fundamental right - report - Telecompaper

The Department of Telecom is expected to finalise a National Broadband Policy within 100 days that would treat high-speed Internet access a basic right like education and health.

"A new broadband policy is being prepared and will be finalised within 100 days," an official source said.
Under the new policy the government has plans to include broadband among basic necessities like education and health and work towards new legislation of 'Right to Broadband', sources said.

They said it is expected to look at ways of increasing broadband penetration as well as convergence of various technologies and platforms like cable TV, optical fibre, wireless connection through spectrum, VSAT and satellite .

At present there are different departments that govern various technologies. For instance, Cable TV comes under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Satellite related issues are majorly governed by the Department of Space.

The policy is proposed to look at provisions for providing affordable broadband equipments and devices for end consumer use.

The National Telecom Policy 2012 has set a target of 175 million broadband connections by 2017, and 600 million 2020 at minimum 2 Mbps download speed and making available higher speeds of at least 100 Mbps on demand.

There were about 61 million broadband subscribers at the end of March, 2014. Of these, 14.86 million subscribed broadband through fixed line and 46 million used wireless connection like dongles, mobile phone and other devices.

Cross posting from another thread

Aaj Ki zarooratain

Roti
Kapadaa
Makaan
Bandwidth

Well I Use Mtnl Delhi 2 Mbps Rs 1300 And Get Upto 700-800 Kbps Download Speed Max Average 515 Kbps Download Unlimited Plan Works Good for me!!!

so, will they give it for free..or something like that.... currently they are looting us...
use airtel...its a bit costly but speed is really good...

20 USD = 4MB = Unlimited Downloads ...

Its enought for my daily home use ..

i pay Rs 800 for 512 kbps bsnl wimax. had bsnl broadband . too much disconnection. wimax is much better than bsnl broadband except for gaming. i envy Hydrabadis. they have one of the best- BEAM broadband. Kapil sibal promised 2 mbps by 2014 january.
perfect strategy of a lawyer. tarikh pe tarikh . tarikh pe tarikh.
Where do you live?

Not very close actually......... not even sure where is the exchange........ the only thing I know is that the exchange recently got upgraded.............. and dad pulled some serious strings to get me some fiber channel............
Spoilt brat even at this age :disagree:

Not very close actually......... not even sure where is the exchange........ the only thing I know is that the exchange recently got upgraded.............. and dad pulled some serious strings to get me some fiber channel............
ever used mini vsat ???

Back
Top Bottom