What's new

Right to broadband: New policy to be ready in 100 days

Yeah i have two airtel and one beam connection. dont you guys have airtel there?
never heard airtel internet in Odisha. even in Bhubaneswar ( i dont live there) there is not much of internet facility. One is bsnl another Ortel ( one of the A$shole company). not much of choice. never preferred sify or something like that. companies like airtel will never come to odisha unless there is a good chief minister who like modi will promote IT infra.

never heard airtel internet in Odisha. even in Bhubaneswar ( i dont live there) there is not much of internet facility. One is bsnl another Ortel ( one of the A$shole company). not much of choice. never preferred sify or something like that. companies like airtel will never come to odisha unless there is a good chief minister who like modi will promote IT infra.
Damn i remember using sify way back in 2000. it was a shitty provider.

I remember hathway was offering internet too , any one have that?

Damn i remember using sify way back in 2000. it was a shitty provider.
Btw internet in India will takeoff if they make 5 mbps as minimum speed. Ppl dont just download movies over internet. internet is a basic necessity . Hope the new telecom minister understands this.

How about a "Right to toilet"? Is that coming anytime soon? I think its more important for Indians to relieve themselves at the right place. ;p

He may be trolling but he is not wrong. I think Right to toilet and sanitation is already a part of Right to Life under Article 21. It should be if it isn't.

15mbps download with option of 50mbps. How can India call herself an IT country if internet speeds are so slow?

Not very close actually......... not even sure where is the exchange........ the only thing I know is that the exchange recently got upgraded.............. and dad pulled some serious strings to get me some fiber channel............
There was pilot programme of 1Tb speed in my city hyderabad last year,I have a speed of 16Mbps connection while the cable company can supply 50mbps speeds if we spend a bit more.South india has better internet speed compared to North where the monopoly of BSNL is still there.The private companies supply better speeds for less.

And I guess BSNL is the fastest when it comes to broadband isnt it ??

Beam Fiber Plans | 20 GB – 200 GB Plans | Unlimited Broadband Plans
trans.gif

nlimited Data Plans
Charges in INR

PlanSpeedFUP LimitSpeed
Post FUPMonthlyHalf
YearlyYearly2 Years
B-Max 4101 Mbps20 GB512 Kbps410.002365.004500.00NA
B-Max 6154 Mbps25 GB786 Kbps615.003380.006140.0011050.00
B-Max 99915 Mbps50 GB2 Mbps999.005495.009990.0017982.00
Hypersonic 249950 Mbps100 GB6 Mbps2499.0013745.0024990.0044982.00
Hypersonic 279950 Mbps200 GB6 Mbps2799.0015395.0027990.0050382.00

No this is the fastest right now,We will soon be able to get more speeds as 1Tb connection pilot programme was launched last year for around 500 homes to check the feasibility.

So I'm going to participate in a pilot domestic gigabit Internet programme very soon. My ISP installed the hardware. When active, the connection will wire my home to 1000 Mb/s (or 1,000,000 kbps) of internet bandwidth.
Ee8kYhm.jpg

What my home network map looks like:

nbU7ZsS.jpg

What speeds my current ISP account gives with the installed hardware. I'll get the pilot login that enables gigabit speeds soon.

2880465285.png

And to think I was on 256 kbps from Satyam 10 years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
WTH are you talking about :angry:
I had a long conversation about this on another thread...
I pay 1800rs per month and get download speed of 40-50 kbps in average :hitwall: and the connection disconnect and reconnect after every 5-10 minutes in my town....:cray:
BSNL Sucks very badly here :(

You really should get your line checked. Low speed, and frequent dcs is more often than not a sign that there is something wrong with the line.

You really should get your line checked. Low speed, and frequent dcs is more often than not a sign that there is something wrong with the line.
I think problem of disconnecting again and again is in line but speed is same in whole town :cray:

Back
Top Bottom