What's new

Mongols: Rise of the Empire - Battle of Yehuling 1211

The Kings and Generals animated historical documentary series on the Mongol History continues with a video on the structure of the Mongol armies. How did Genghis khan create an army that conquered one of the largest empires in history and what was the organizational structure of that army?

The Kings and Generals animated historical documentary series on the Mongol History continues with a video on the structure of the Mongol armies. How did Genghis khan create an army that conquered one of the largest empires in history and what was the organizational structure of that army?
split and mixed the old tribal men into a nation's army.

The historical documentary series on Mongol History continues with a video on the greatest general of Genghis Khan - Subutai Baatur, who alongside Jebe played a crucial role in the unification of the Mongols and then the invasions of China, Central Asia, Iran and Russia, winning many memorable battles, including at Kalka and Legnica.

Read this book, it has some inaccuracies about the Islamic world, but in general a good read.

51wMpWiO4BL.jpg

The Jin's ruling class was so corrupted and short sighted by that time, so you can still say the empire always collapse from inside.

The barbarian Mongols had more influence on the Chinese than the native Hans ever did. How ironic. :lol:

And before any CCP shills get upset.....remember who spread and streamlined the usage of paper currency....yep, the mongols! Chinese currency is even named "Yuan" (so is one of their submarines) after the Yuan Dynasty of the Mongols.

Other Mongolian achievements include a huge empire never before seen in Chinese history and their capital in Beijing, which is still the capital of modern China today even though it's much more north, near Mongolian homelands.

1604659917677.png

1604659880075.png

The barbarian Mongols had more influence on the Chinese than the native Hans ever did. How ironic. :lol:

And before any CCP shills get upset.....remember who spread and streamlined the usage of paper currency....yep, the mongols! Chinese currency is even named "Yuan" (so is one of their submarines) after the Yuan Dynasty of the Mongols.

Other Mongolian achievements include a huge empire never before seen in Chinese history and their capital in Beijing, which is still the capital of modern China today even though it's much more north, near Mongolian homelands.

View attachment 686265
View attachment 686264
The currency yuan has nothing to do with the name of the dynasty, even the name Yuan dynasty was derived from
《易经·乾卦》,“大哉乾元,万物资始,乃统天”。
The so called yuan class sub is a code name given by the west, so does Song class sub, in China It's called type 039.
Btw,why are you quoting me with all these, but do some research next time.

Last edited:

The historical documentary series on Mongol History continues with a video on the alliance between the Mongols and the Crusader states and the diplomatic negotiations between the Mongol empire and the Christian kingdoms in Europe and Asia. As the Mongols took over a large portion of the Middle East and started their constant wars with the Mamluks of Egypt, they started looking for allies and found them in the local Christian states.

Mongols under Genghis Khan were pretty much content after conquering Chin, they had no other territorial ambitions. Only if Iranian ruler had not executed the Mongols merchant and ambassadors and showed a lil sense of diplomacy, the world history would have been so much different.

Mongols under Genghis Khan were pretty much content after conquering Chin, they had no other territorial ambitions. Only if Iranian ruler had not executed the Mongols merchant and ambassadors and showed a lil sense of diplomacy, the world history would have been so much different.
I think that was just an excuse. If that didn't happen, maybe the Khan would have focused on Song dynasty for a while but Iranians' time was limited.

Speaking of Mongol empire, I had high hopes on this TV show called Marco Polo but they managed to butcher history, put some over the top action sequences and some white boy to make it all about him. smh

The currency yuan has nothing to do with the name of the dynasty, even the name Yuan dynasty was derived from
《易经·乾卦》,“大哉乾元,万物资始,乃统天”。
The so called yuan class sub is a code name given by the west, so does Song class sub, in China It's called type 039.
Btw,why are you quoting me with all these, but do some research next time.

Wrong, the sub name might be from the West but the Yuan dynasty and your paper currency are native names. The Chinese have a history of giving weird long names like the one you wrote, doesn't make my claim any less.

You can't rewrite history or reality with CCP history and reality.

Wrong, the sub name might be from the West but the Yuan dynasty and your paper currency are native names. The Chinese have a history of giving weird long names like the one you wrote, doesn't make my claim any less.

You can't rewrite history or reality with CCP history and reality.
Wrong, wrong and wrong...just leave it, pla never given equipments name like song or yuan.

Wrong, wrong and wrong...just leave it, pla never given equipments name like song or yuan.

You seem to forget the topic I was discussing. I specifically mentioned your capital, your currency and your sub, all named with Mongol influence. Yet you still cling to an already agreed upon matter, the naming of your sub.

You have yet to counter my main claims.

Chinese kept mongols in check. When china was divided mongol took opportunity to conquer the world.

Chinese kept mongols in check. When china was divided mongol took opportunity to conquer the world.

Not really, the mongols were a bunch of warring tribes who united and defeated China. They were kept in check by the Turk Muslims like Mamluks or the Delhi Sultanate, who actually defeated Mongols in combat.

That was when the decline of the Mongols started. Before uniting, they still attacked China which is why your emperors built that great wall.......to keep them out of China rather than confronting them.

You seem to forget the topic I was discussing. I specifically mentioned your capital, your currency and your sub, all named with Mongol influence. Yet you still cling to an already agreed upon matter, the naming of your sub.

You have yet to counter my main claims.
As I already said, Yuan the name of the dynasty was derived from an ancient chinese book "易经“, and the name of the currency yuan can only be dated back a hundred years ago, late Qing-Republic of China.
You seems to be confident about your knowdeldge on Chinese subjects but I recommended you to focus on some more reliable books/articles. :agree:
anyway, you don't have to replied me, let's stick to topic which is about Mongols..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom