What's new

Moeed Pirzada Analysis of Karachi Blast

I won't go as far as to call them traitors until verifiably proven, but they are bonafide corrupt dynasties. The only way to build consensus with these parties is to fulfill their illegitimate demands, and consequently enable corruption. This way, corruption never goes away.
I agree they are corrupt. But this also requires a political solution. You have to provide the nation with viable, natural, clean, and democratic alternatives. Interventions only reinforce these dynastic systems as people rally around visible authoritative personalities. No political party in Pakistan is democratic save for Jamat-e-Islami maybe.

An excellent post by a newcomer. Welcome :)

Agreed.

Our definition of treason needs to be tightened up. Too much leniency.
Here in Saudia, Corruption with Money Laundering is Third most crime in list after Killing someone and Drug trafficking

We need our list as
1 Eye for an Eye
2 Death penalty for Drug Trafficking
3 Money Laundering Lifetime Jail In Darkness Until Death with Zero compensation

No more Human Rights Bullshit over these 3

After the dasu dam blast cover up, I mentioned that Chinese troops should be deployed as the Pakistani establishment is either unwilling or incapable of ensuring security. '

Quite a few called it at an emotional outburst. The reality must be seen. Pak establishment is frankly incapable so limited Chinese military presence is not a bad idea.

Whether or not Pakistans pro US civil mil establishment allows it is another issue.
Unwillingness. Period.

I agree they are corrupt. But this also requires a political solution. You have to provide the nation with viable, natural, clean, and democratic alternatives. Interventions only reinforce these dynastic systems as people rally around visible authoritative personalities. No political party in Pakistan is democratic save for Jamat-e-Islami maybe.

Meritocracy is more important than democracy. Just look at China and Singapore.

As Adrian Wooldridge, fellow of All Souls College at Oxford, says: "meritocracy, not democracy, is the golden ticket to growth." He provides a comprehensive analysis in his book, "The Aristocracy of Talent."

It's all about a permeable elite that values and promotes the right talent.

Democracy only works when all institutions are ethical moral ,patriots, competent and educated. Otherwise it turns into what we have today, a bannana Republic.

I have not watched the video yet, but I agree with the general gist of the text you have posted.

It is time we now stop treating he symptoms and actually go on to the cause.

Picking up a few foot soldiers, killing some people in terror camps etc is perhaps fruitful in the short term, but it won't stop the cancer from spreading.

You need to tackle this issue from the regional perspective, and do it immediately. Iran, India and Afghanistan need to be tackled head on for this.

Just take the example of the husband of the bomber. The guy got a medical degree within Pakistan, is working in Pakistan and earning money, so was the woman. Both benefitted from the development of Balochistan, the woman got educated in universities within Balochistan, would that have been possible if there was no development and no university was built? No.

These people in fact show that if you remain law abiding, you can benefit from the resources available in Balochistan and become a member of the society. So, where do they falter then? How do they go off from the right path?

Meritocracy is more important than democracy. Just look at China and Singapore.

As Adrian Wooldridge, fellow of All Souls College at Oxford, says: "meritocracy, not democracy, is the golden ticket to growth." He provides a comprehensive analysis in his book, "The Aristocracy of Talent."

It's all about a permeable elite that values and promotes the right talent.
That wealth is due to capitalism, not meritocracy.

Corruption is corruption. Treason is treason. I dare you charge them with treason. They will create a victimization narrative and the country will be broken. You couldn't even control Ali Wazir or Mohsin Dhawar, forget these parties.

By that, I mean that separatist groups will popup feeding off of victimization narrative.

Political issues need to be handled politically. In my opinion, PTI was only removed because it is hurdle to this reconciliation process. Majoritarianism is always divisive.
Reconciliation is a euphemism for allowing the criminals to carry on looting and the establishment to carry on perpetuating the status quo.
Justice is vital.
Change is painful but necessary.

When you have capitalism without meritocracy, it becomes Pakistan.

An agency gave false evidence to the Foreign Ministry that a previous attack on Chinese personnel was not a terrorist attack (and just an accident) when, in fact, it clearly was a terrorist attack; they also called our TV channels and news outlets to make sure that the fake story would be put out. This accident story was patently untrue, and the Chinese had ground evidence that it was a terrorist attack. They got angry and work on Dasu stopped for several months.

The one responsible for the above fiasco alone deserves to be hanged. What kind of a stupid moron does that? Or maybe it was intentional. I keep saying this, the establishment is full of traitors and sold out scumbags. A pateiot even if dumb would never do that. These people onky care for their personal wealth and benefits. We need thorough cleaning up but who will do it. At this point i dont trust anyone in military leaders. May Allah help Pakistan, it seems our whole state is compromised from within.

Salient points (related to the attack and institutional failures):

The Establishment is severely disconnected from reality, and have no idea how to compete in the modern world.

The "perpetrators will be punished" / "culprits will be brought to justice" line is tired, annoying, and meaningless at this point (I would add that it's just like "don't mistake our restraint for weakness," and "befitting response.")

The attention of agencies seems to be more on picking up young patriots in cities for criticizing the Establishment rather than deterring RAW (meaning they are more like local thugs than a professional agency that can raise the cost for RAW).

An agency gave false evidence to the Foreign Ministry that a previous attack on Chinese personnel was not a terrorist attack (and just an accident) when, in fact, it clearly was a terrorist attack; they also called our TV channels and news outlets to make sure that the fake story would be put out. This accident story was patently untrue, and the Chinese had ground evidence that it was a terrorist attack. They got angry and work on Dasu stopped for several months.

Have a listen in light of their inability to deter proxy warfare:
Dear Mr. Moeed Pirzada, u r absolutely wrong. While they are neutral you are trying to involve them in security related matters.

If they invest time in counter terrorisim then who will comment on exchange rates, inflation, stock exchange. They have to monitor these economic figure as well along with ensuring that no corrupt or criminal get any punishment.

Welcome to neutral Pakistan

I agree that establishment should stay away from politics, but our politicians are also extremely immature. They want their intervention.
They will only get mature if they will be allowed to do their job without dictation. 3 and a half decades since independence, it was Military rule...and in the remaining, politicians were chosen by the military.... So if our politicians are a chosen lot, with an intent to keep power in military's hand...do you think military will choose the one who are smart, have brains and could decide against Military's will.....off course not.

There is no serious wealth generation without capitalism, so that's a given.

This guy is an Oxford historian and has researched the hell out of what really matters for growth and development. Also a former editor at The Economist (which I hate, but at least they're all for capitalism!)

I have not watched the video yet, but I agree with the general gist of the text you have posted.

It is time we now stop treating he symptoms and actually go on to the cause.

Picking up a few foot soldiers, killing some people in terror camps etc is perhaps fruitful in the short term, but it won't stop the cancer from spreading.

You need to tackle this issue from the regional perspective, and do it immediately. Iran, India and Afghanistan need to be tackled head on for this.

Just take the example of the husband of the bomber. The guy got a medical degree within Pakistan, is working in Pakistan and earning money, so was the woman. Both benefitted from the development of Balochistan, the woman got educated in universities within Balochistan, would that have been possible if there was no development and no university was built? No.

These people in fact show that if you remain law abiding, you can benefit from the resources available in Balochistan and become a member of the society. So, where do they falter then? How do they go off from the right path?

This is what happens when your 4Ps (power, privileges, perks, plots) are not related to the only P that matters (performance).

If a PM would give them a simple task of deterring such activity through sophisticated clandestine attacks, or the RAW officer responsible dead within the next month, etc., things would start to change. But, of course, a PM isn't in any position to say any such thing --- he can get removed through a sophisticated 'constitutional' coup.

How dare a PM expect them to do what their actual job is?!

The one responsible for the above fiasco alone deserves to be hanged. What kind of a stupid moron does that? Or maybe it was intentional. I keep saying this, the establishment is full of traitors and sold out scumbags. A pateiot even if dumb would never do that. These people onky care for their personal wealth and benefits. We need thorough cleaning up but who will do it. At this point i dont trust anyone in military leaders. May Allah help Pakistan, it seems our whole state is compromised from within.

No system can function when there's no fear of consequences. They are absolutely above and outside the law (other than the law they choose to implement internally through court martials, etc.) It is a literal, unaccountable deep state with no oversight.

Why would they care about anything else? Their benefits are unrelated to the quality of their service to the nation.

Last edited:
'The back of terrorism has been broken'.

Many other refrains like this are repeated over and over again. But this will not end unless our army leadership is fully focused on national security instead of national politics.

Under this military leadership, many Pakistanis like me have lost faith in the army. Not just this terror attack, our military personnel die everyday in boundary area. They still patrol in soft skin vehicles when army leadership knows our personnel need armored vehicles.

But since it does not affect their power grab, it does not affect their retirement plan in foreign countries, so its all good. After all its military sacrifices which give miltary generals the political capital they use to manipulate Pakistan politics.

Back
Top Bottom