What's new

Modi's victory

nytlogo379x64.gif

For India’s Persecuted Muslim Minority, Caution Follows Hindu Party’s Victory

By GARDINER HARRIS MAY 16, 2014

NEW DELHI — Like real estate agents the world over, Rahul Rewal asks his clients if they have children or pets, since both limit options. But there is another crucial but often unspoken question: Are they Muslim?

“I tailor the list of places that I show Muslims because many landlords, even in upper-class neighborhoods, will not rent to them,” Mr. Rewal said. “Most don’t even bother hiding their bigotry.”

Discrimination against Muslims in India is so rampant that many barely muster outrage when telling of the withdrawn apartment offers, rejected job applications and turned-down loans that are part of living in the country for them. As a group, Muslims have fallen badly behind Hindus in recent decades in education, employment and economic status, with persistent discrimination a key reason. Muslims are more likely to live in villages without schools or medical facilities and less likely to qualify for bank loans.

“Fear is a basic part of politics, and it’s actually how politicians gain respect, but for us fear also comes from the general public,” said Zahir Alam, the imam of Bari Masjid, a mosque in East Delhi, in an interview Friday. “The meaning of minority has never been clearer than it is today.”

The B.J.P. is led by Narendra Modi, who is widely expected to become India’s next prime minister. Mr. Modi — a Hindu, like a majority of Indians — has a fraught relationship with Muslims, who make up about 15 percent of the country. He was in charge of the western state of Gujarat in 2002 when uncontrolled rioting caused 1,000 deaths, mostly among Muslims. He has also been linked with a police assassination squad that largely targeted Muslims.

Last edited:
Is Modi's victory in the recent elections indicative of an increasing inclination of Indian masses towards extremism?

What do Indian members (who blame Pakistani's for supporting Taliban) have to say about full Indians support to a known terrorist directly engaged in mass murder of thousands of Muslims and Christians?
(No Trolling please)

We vehemently Reject these Malicious Allegations.

Why is it hard for Pakistanis to understand that Modi has been brought into power to bring development in the country , the kind that he brought to Gujarat. Just read about his achievements in the Gujarat state. Development has stalled in India in the last 3 years. We want to kick start it back again. it has nothing to do with Hindu Nationalism.

If Hindu nationalism was the reason he was elected, BJP should have won the last two elections as well.

This is so simple that you have to be brain dead to not understand it.

Muslims prosper in Gujarat and Kerala; UP, Bihar the worst | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Kerala and Gujarat have emerged as the top two states in India where poverty among Muslims in both rural and urban areas declined drastically in the last seven years, according to the National Sample Survey (NSS) statistics.

Gujarat tops states in number of Muslim policemen - The Times of India

A little enlightenment for our Pakistani bros across the border if they wish to be enlightened.

Is Modi's victory in the recent elections indicative of an increasing inclination of Indian masses towards extremism?

What do Indian members (who blame Pakistani's for supporting Taliban) have to say about full Indians support to a known terrorist directly engaged in mass murder of thousands of Muslims and Christians?
(No Trolling please)
I hope you are not taunting Indians here. if so:
YES. communalism is increasing. for many Hindus, the Agenda of RSS or BJP with Modi coming into power is seen as a relief and a personal pride. however, there is insecurity among minority Muslims and Christians. RSS don't mind a genocide of Muslims and Christians as they are equivalent of your hardline Muslims.
however, unlike your Islamic state, India has a large number(23-25crore) of Non-Hindus and I think, it is hard for Modi to implement RSS agenda of crushing minority for the sake of majority.

however, Modi is even liked(unofficially) by India's secular Muslims and Christians - because he can resolve our international issues including Kashmir. India was acting like a sleeping giant until now. I hope a aggressive and dictating India regaining it's role under Modi. I don't buy his development hype. it is thousands of carore of rupees spend by PR campaigns and communalization done by propagandists that works in favour to RSS's Modi.

My dear friend , that article was written by Sunny Hundal and published on CNN.com .. . And none of them is "Pakistani" ....

And here is what he says :

10295818_711669285537863_7318203520400887485_n.jpg

What proof does Sunny Hundal have ? for 'what Modi did' ? zilch , nada, nothing. Facts without evidence become opinions. Everybody has the right to disagree with and challenge his opinion.

What proof does Sunny Hundal have ? for 'what Modi did' ? zilch , nada, nothing. Facts without evidence become opinions. Everybody has the right to disagree with and challenge his opinion.
should be investigated BY CIB!

now heres a fact if any of Pakistani aur Bangladeshi or any one who has fear against NaMo for Indian Muslims tell me after ghodra roits one roit aganist muslims in gujrat taking place or even if they have any contacts to any Madarssa in indian UP , Bihar & bengal kindli chek owt where does the most zakat for running come from

whts it , WAR OR RAW?lolzz
what is your question i dint get it you saud CIB and i dont know what that is please be pricise

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom