What's new

Modi's speech about development

EU says they are interested in what happened in Gujarat. Modi should clear it.

cotton was also there sir water was also there but what he did is he just increased the quantity so that no one dies empty stomach there and without clothes
WOW..................Blind worship.....................Good but don't spread lies.................I can counter your claims that Poverty has increased in Gujarat in last 12 years....................
Number of poor in Gujarat jumps by 39.06% in 12 years - Indian Express

This is a News paper article in Jul 4 2012..............So don't say ALL IS WELL in Gujarat...................

surprised and glad to see even members belonging to religious minority are supporting Modi

WOW..................Blind worship.....................Good but don't spread lies.................I can counter your claims that Poverty has increased in Gujarat in last 12 years....................

This is a News paper article in Jul 4 2012..............So don't say ALL IS WELL in Gujarat...................

Sir, the jump you mentioned is wrong, as more and more industries opened in Gujarat past 12-15 years more and more immigrants came into the state (UP, Rajhasthan and Bihar), hence the jump. If you look at Gujarat the low paid labours are from these states as they themselves do not prefer to work as labour.

look at it this way, if you find sarcasm in my post then you monsieur yourself know there is some baggage with candidate but if you had not responded, it means that you find nothing wrong with the candidate and see no sarcasm. Also by the way i am not a pasty face, i can understand roman urdu, so most likely I can speak your national langue too.

Ya we all understand you'r a Pakistani or muslim Indian settled in Canada....now pi$$ off.

Can you expect 100% perfectness from any state or centre government of India. No goverment can turn a state or country in developed country in overnight. Development comes phase by phase. Most people get it, some don't. But these phase keep coming. So sooner or later almost every people get benefits from it. Government duty is to keep development without corruption or less corruption. But still you can not expect 100% perfectness in any government. He is a single person. He does not sit on every office.

Now look at other states or centre government. Is any government is trying to do so ? Look at our MMS. do you really feel happy, sorry forget happy word. do you feel a bit ok by congress government performance ?
At least i don't feel a bit ok. Look what he said. more then 6 decades has gone and still we are fighting to get a good governance. This is true.

We can not criticise modi for some people died hungry. Today Some will die. But question is , he is trying to change this system. In 1-2 billion people, where 25-30% is below poverty line. It'll take time. He is not magician.

About the this article. Checkout the all main major medias editor, owners, or people who have shares in these media. And you ll get surprised that these people are connected by congress. Look at Delhi cm sheila latest interview in du. You can easily feel that media is trying to make her image. Look at all tweets by these journalists. How they said that rahul speech was great but this speech is poor. or their past tweet.

Riots happened in every government. In congress time we faced most riots. But does media talks about it ? Well no. Never. 1984. Congress people killed our sikh brothers. Does media talks about it. no .. Congress people used voter id list to identify sikhs in delhi, so they can kill them. does media talk about it ? NO. How many congress leader got punishment for 1984 ? No one..

Choice is your.

426762_10151276497628531_954129726_n.jpg

It is a matter of national shame that Religion is still remains a major election issue. Sure there are Right wing elements in politics, but our so called secular parties do no better. People still vote for person of a particular religion and that makes it natural for parties to rake up communal issues before elections.
If we consider Modi's case, there hasn't been a single riot in the state after 2001, the state is one of the fastest growing and it offers some of the best growing opportunity for any business. I don't like to praise Modi blindly as Entrepreneurship og people of Gujarat is a massive factor behind the growth. At the same time no one can deny the governance and transparency Modi has brought in his 3 terms is remarkable and must be applauded.
& it is here that lies a lesson for both Congress and BJP (who just before every General Elections start religious Raag Alaapna). A large chunk of electorate today is young and educated and religion is no longer a matter of priority atleast as far as elections are concerned. Economic development would win parties more votes that saffron or green flag waving.
Look at Orissa were Navin Patnaik has been CM for a considerable amount of time with being tagged as either Secular or communal. If this theory of can work with voters at state level, there is no reason to believe why it can't be replicated at national level.

Look at Orissa were Navin Patnaik has been CM for a considerable amount of time with being tagged as either Secular or communal. If this theory of can work with voters at state level, there is no reason to believe why it can't be replicated at national level.

You would be surprised to know the amount of corruption and scams in Orissa especially in the lucrative mining sectors.

I dont think it covers all the points of his 1 hr+ speech.

But this is what indiatimes thinks are the salient points.

-I am here from the earth of Gujarat. From the land of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel.

-If India has to make its mark in the global stage then we need to consider how we will govern our nation.

-We need P2G2. Pro people.Good governance

- I am an optimist. This glass(pointing to a glass of water) is neither half full or half empty. I believe it is full, filled half with water and half with air.

-The youth of India is fed up with corruption. They think they have had enough and plan to go abroad to escape it.Everyone thinks "What is there to do? Everyone is a robber. Why did God let me be born here." But I disagree.You can succeed here. With the same system.

-The ambassador of a nation asked me what major challenges India faces and I said the biggest one is that how we use opportunity.When asked what the opportunity was, I said the youth.Europe has turned old. China is old. But our India is young. Nearly 65% of India's population is under 35 years of age. And we need to use this resource.

-Gujarat's economy is one third agriculture, one third industry and one third services. They support each other and we have developed all.

-Over 6 lakh tanks have been built for the storage of water. We are the only state where the water table is rising instead of falling.We have a growth rate of 10% where as the national rate sits at 4%.

- There must be no one in the audience who has chai without doodh from Gujarat in it. All the milk in Delhi is from Gujarat.

-We are first in the world where we have a forensic science university.

-We try to strengthen the farmers. We follow the paradigm-Farm to fibre to fabric to fashion to foreign.

-Currently security forces are employed only on the basis of physical strength which needs to be changed.We have a university for security forces where a person can enrol after class X and can then join any security force.

-If you ask any person what is their main desire, they say they want good education for their children.That is why we have created a university for teachers. I say we have so much youth and export so much, why not export teachers?

-The whole world sees us a bazaar where they can dump products. We should look to make the world our bazaar and boost manufacturing.

-When South Korea hosted Olympics it was a turning point and all their manufacturing became popular worldwide.Here we had Commonwealth Games. Why we had it? Even those who organised it don't know yet.

-Till December end I was busy with elections. In January we had Vibrant Gujarat summit. 121 countries were there at it.I just had 10 days to prepare for it. But we pulled it off.

-Whatever products we make in manufacturing should have zero defects for a global reputation and should have good packaging.

-In Taiwan, the interpreter asked me if India still was a nation of snake-charmers,I said no,we are now mouse charmers. The youth of the nation has its finger on the mouse of computers and is changing the world.

-Answer to every problem is development, the country has been ruined due to vote-bank politics.Minimum government, maximum governance is what I believe in.

-In Delhi all the metro coaches are coming from Guajrat.

-If there is developement there is much scope for for a lot of improvement in the nation

Highlights: Modi's SRCC Lecture & Opposition's Nasty Reactions | India | www.indiatimes.com

Thanks for the info, Modi truly is the best true leader we have on the Indian political scene ! :tup:

Full text transcript of Modi's SRCC speech :)

We have got Swarajya but after 6 decades of freedom the nation wants Surajya

“I am coming here from the land of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Look towards the freedom struggle, both strands were led by people from Gujarat. There was Shyamji Krishnavarma who inspired the revolutionaries and there was Mahatma Gandhi who gave us freedom.”

“Many people gave their lives so that nation gets Swarajya. We got Swarajya but its been more than six decades, the nation wants Surajya.”

“If India has to make place for itself on world map, we need to think of giving importance to Surajya. Surajya is nothing but good governance.”

With the same laws, same rules, regulations, same people, we can move ahead & do lots

“Our model is P2G2- Pro People, Good Governance. Rulers often follow path of firefighting. But they must visualize things, discover new things, and dream to bring about change. But, in last 6 decades we have not been able to do it. Due to this there is air of pessimism in the nation.”

People think “Sab Chor Hai” or “I want to leave from here” but my thought is different. This is my 4th term as Chief Minister and from experience I can say that with the same laws, same rules, regulations, same people, we can move ahead & do lots”

“Optimists say the glass is half full, pessimists say the glass is half empty- I say, this glass full- filled half with air, half with water!”

We are blessed with youth and immense natural resources

“An Ambassador from a foreign country came to meet me. After formal discussions he tried to talk to me about politics. He asked what are two challenges for India? I said biggest challenge is how to use opportunities. He asked ‘How?’ I said we are the most youthful nation in the world. Europe is aging, so is China, while we are a youthful nation. Sadly we are not able to use this as an opportunity. This is big challenge.”

“I also said our nation is not poor. We have so many natural resources. See our Eastern India, it is full of natural resources. But we are not able to channelize this opportunity and create wealth. This is a challenge we have to overcome.”

We are not pitching our tent on a single pillar but on three aspects of agriculture, industry and services!

“We are not pitching our tent on a single pillar. Our development model is based on 3 aspects- development of agriculture, industry and services sector. We want all 3 sectors to grow where each supports the other so that state economy is never in trouble.”

“Nation’s agriculture growth is at 2.5%. Guj was never a state known for agriculture, it was known for desert on one side and Pakistan on the other. Despite that, a state known for its water scarcity is growing at 10% in agriculture and creating a new history.”

“We worked very hard for it (success in agriculture). You read about the Vibrant Gujarat Summits but that is held two days once every two years. Every year we do Krishi Mahotsavs. Officials go to villages, to the farms and they devote time on how to take new innovations to the farms.”

“People do not have health card in many places but in Gujarat farmers have soil health cards. We took great initiatives in irrigation. We built more than 6 lakh irrigation structures. Our water table is rising, we are the only state where the water table is rising.”

“In 2001-02 when I became CM, 23 lakh bales of cotton was produced, today it stands at 1 crore 23 lakh bales. Our next step should be value addition. So we are working on that. We got a new Textile Policy. We have a 5F formula- from Farm to Fibre to Fabric to Fashion to Foreign. Till we do not take integrated approach then nothing will happen.”

“With agriculture there is animal husbandry. The milk in your tea is from Gujarat. Have a ladyfinger in Europe or milk in Singapore, it will be from Gujarat and in Afghanistan tomatoes are from Gujarat. We do medical camps for cattle. 3000 camps are held. In last 6 years, 120 diseases have been eradicated totally. Gujarat has seen 80% rise in milk production.”

“We are working towards increasing purchasing power & that cannot happen if our economic chart is not sustained”

Shri Modi shares invaluable development insights about Gujarat

“Gujarat was never ahead in services sector earlier. We were best tourists but Gujarat was never tourist destination. Today, our tourism growth is double of that of India. Mr. Amitabh Bachchan says ‘Kuch Din Gujaro Gujarat Me’ (Spend some days in Gujarat).”

“See the sphere of education. In 2001 we had 11 Universities today we have 42 Universities! And these are not ordinary Universities. We are 1st to have a forensic science university. We are first state to have Raksha Shakti University where whoever wants to join police, army can join & after regular course he can pursue dreams. We have most youthful police force in India. We have stressed on technology savvy police force.”

“We did IITE for Teachers Education. Why cannot we create new teachers? We are first in India to start this University. It is my dream- world needs millions of teachers, we have youngsters, why can’t we send teachers also? A businessman goes, he controls money but a teacher captures a generation!”

Let us make the world our market and send our goods to the world!

“In industrial development, we are lagging behind because we did not stress on technology upgradation.”

“Ahmedabad was called the Manchester of the East but the mills closed down. Why? Because we did not upgrade our technology. Technology upgradation is must.”

Let us make the world our market and send our goods to the world. Branding is needed. When we were small, we read ‘Made in Japan’ and we bought a product. No one asked what company did the product belong to. Why cannot we make ‘Made in India’ brand for India? However, we cannot do this only in one sphere.

“Till December 2012 we were busy with the elections then the swearing in ceremony but on 11th January 2013 we organized Vibrant Gujarat Summit. 121 nations were there. Under one roof, the who’s who were there. When the world sees this, they say, ‘yes there is strength here. We can join with them.’ And once we start there is no looking back.”

Our Mantra is- Gujarat’s growth for India’s growth

“Our Mantra is Gujarat’s Growth for India’s Growth. All this development is for India. There are few who would not have eaten Gujarat’s salt. When Gujarat develops, the nation gains from this.”

“We have to adopt ‘Zero Defect Mantra’ and other is packaging. We need to study consumer psyche and then work on manufacturing sector.”

Swami Vivekananda dreamt of a Jagad Guru Bharat. It is for us to fulfill his dream

“This is 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. We are commemorating it as the Yuva Varsh. We have to decide how we have to see youth of the nation. I am worried that many, especially for political people, youth is merely a New Age Voter. If this remains we cannot bring change. I want that this nation does not see youth as new age voter but they are the New Age Power”

“Swami Vivekananda dreamt of a Jagat Guru Bharat. Is it not for us to fulfill his dream? Need of the hour that with the youth power we move towards a Bhavya & Divya Bharat.”

World says 21st century is India’s century, some say it is China’s century, some say it is Asia’s century. Whenever we have entered Gyan Yug (era of knowledge), we have led the world! 21st century is century of knowledge and I am sure it can be India’s century. We have such a talented pool of youth.”

“Earlier the world saw us as land of snake charmers. Today our youth has gone to world and changed this. We are the land of mouse charmers now- with the click of a mouse our youth have drawn the world’s attention to India.”

“Our youth has the skill. Whatever is the colour of our skin, we are no less than the world.”

Skill, Scale and Speed for a developed India

“To compete with China we need to stress on three things- Skill, Scale and Speed. Skill Development must be strengthened, Scale must be big, and Speed must be quick.”

“We have done a movement towards Skill Development. This is not happening at such a scale nowhere in India.”

“I feel Government has no business to be in business. I believe in minimum government, maximum Governance.”

“Solution to all problems is development. Country has been ruined by votebank politics. It needs development politics.”

this data is wrong and meanwhile gujrat has given many jobs to people from other states.

@ barkha dutt
because modi is ghanchi and BJP is originally upper caste brahminist party. so the hesitance when slightly lower/intermediate caste people start to become too powerful in the organization.

Back
Top Bottom