What's new

Modi's 'Mad Dog Posture' - Credible threat or a populist farce?

By this statement, you imply that maybe Manmohan Singh was 'trustworthy'.
For you to be an effective analyst.

Consider it this way - what did India gain by having a PM like Manmohan Singh that Pakistan found 'trustworthy'.

The answer: Nothing.
So why not try something different.

This is one problem all Indians have. If modi is X - manmohan singh must be Y.

Why does people across the boarder hate Modi???????

1) Because he is presumed to be a Anti Muslim?
2) Because He is a strong leader ?
3) Because they stuck with a leader like Nawaz????

None of the above. He is your Prime Minister, he can be as strong as he wants. If his policies affect our country, we will certainly take appropriate countermeasures to counter it.

Last edited:
What crap. i don't have sufficient privileges to post in this thread !

Edit:: Oops. I guess i did Hehe. Excellent thread OP. Keep it up. you have excellent temperament. You are not easily riled up. You can think clearly under pressure. You are not coward like sharif. I salute you.
Last i heard sharif is still your PM. Must hurt eh

How should Pakistan calculate Modi's 'Mad Dog Posture' ?

As we're at it, he's trying to fan jingoism among his electorate during polls. Bashing Pakistan with 'trigger diplomacy' has worked historically well. Just start a flame war accusing Pakistan of imaginary border violations and supporting Kashmiris...the next thing you'll know is that those who can't even have a palmful of boiled rice and thin dal too would pick up their unwashed dhotis and get high on jingoism.

That is all understood. He is a mass murderer who's comfy with a bloodbath, he is an Islamophobic nutbag and a product of Hindutva ideology which seeks a mythical kingdom he plans to rule while riding a cow.

On the other hand are his real world limitations. He runs the only country in the world geographically locked between two nuclear armed enemies which are allied to each other. A weakening economy, a limit on the use of conventional military force and an almost complete string of pearls.

The question is...if Modi's policy towards Pakistan is going to earn him any more cookies than jingoistic hoo ha and populist votes?

If he commits aggression against Pakistan, either covertly or overtly...what should be our response to restrain him?

What does this mean for China and its interests in Pakistan and the region?

Thoughts?
Good after noon aero sirji :)

thing is modi just like any other nationalist is doing what is required to do to push india forward and if pakistani establishment is getting jitterry about that because of ther preconcieved notions about "indian response" then its there problem and a confirmation to indian natiopn that modies way of doing buisness with pakistan is on right track

now as for so caled "atom bomb"well pakistan is not alone to have them ;)

as for china i dont see any change in china policy from both the sides till india becomes much more powerfull from its current status

but as jaunty said even i cant figure owt that how can someone calculate pousturing as what modi is doing is not posturing spcecially with a country like pakistan ;) ..... no hard feelings though

happy festive season mods sir :)

What crap. i don't have sufficient privileges to post in this thread !

Edit:: Oops. I guess i did Hehe. Excellent thread OP. Keep it up. you have excellent temperament. You are not easily riled up. You can think clearly under pressure. You are not coward like sharif. I salute you.
Last i heard sharif is still your PM. Must hurt eh

Please note that Mr Sharif is not the only stakeholder in our security. He is bound to his own interests in India which is why he is acting like a muppet. Pakistanis will throw him out before he knows, he is running against time.

u nailed the thread nair saab :)

count have sumed it in a better way ... congrats

Please note that Mr Sharif is not the only stakeholder in our security. He is bound to his own interests in India which is why he is acting like a muppet. Pakistanis will throw him out before he knows, he is running against time.
mazerat ke saath arz karoonga mods sir but nawaz is going great guns now and with inqulaabi dharna over he is now at ease as for dharna and rallies across pakistan they will keep hapenning but now nawaz will complete his full term :)

u nailed the thread nair saab :)

count have sumed it in a better way ... congrats

mazerat ke saath arz karoonga mods sir but nawaz is going great guns now and with inqulaabi dharna over he is now at ease as for dharna and rallies across pakistan they will keep hapenning but now nawaz will complete his full term :)

Only use english.

[Example]Dogs in the neighbor always bark but then they bark excessively to annoy you than that deserve attention...Hope you understand..;)
well sir modi is not saying anything look who started the thread ;)

thing is modi will keep doing his work irrespective how his opponents or media will say or respond about it and pakistani establishment and media are the last people is bothered about & will do what is required for making indian stand better now whatever you say or... happy diwali sir

well sir modi is not saying anything look who started the thread ;)

thing is modi will keep doing his work irrespective how his opponents or media will say or respond about it and pakistani establishment and media are the last people is bothered about & will do what is required for making indian stand better now whatever you say or... happy diwali sir

Wither or not he cares about Pakistani media but he does care a lot about Pakistan,one reason why his whole election campaign was based on anti-Pakistan tantrum,another such surge in anti-Pakistan statements was seen just before the recent elections..So tell me who care most..

None of the above. He is your Prime Minister, he can be as strong as he wants. If his policies affect our country, we will certainly take appropriate countermeasures to counter it.

I agree with you here, From your perspective, If he take policies which affect your country then you have right to oppose it.......

But that was the case when MMS was also in power....... I agree that Modi stand was more of rhetoric nature during his campaign..... And this stand was not exclusive to pakistan, it was the same with his opposition..... (right or wrong is different question altogether), But once he was sure about his victory his stands became more mature (courtesy an interview with arnab goswami, who is famous for such stands)....

He will never be an Anti Pakistani PM, but he will be Pro India PM.....

4) All of them combined .

@Chinese-Dragon Your opinions are as flimsy as a wet tissue paper , only few months were part of the Modi fan club

Besides Chinese and Pakistanis think they should have the freedom to fire ,infiltrate and send troops to our side of the border when ever they feel like without being reciprocated . When reply is given back in kind you see threads like these pop up.

This would not happen if you people were concerned with your side of the border and not this side but unfortunately sending infiltrators and Chinese troops to this side has become somewhat of a hobby. So yeah , any misadventure from our neighbors will be given back in kind , so maybe its best to stick to your own borders and not throw a hissy fit when what you are doing comes back at you .

He had to change his opinion after the recent border incursion incidents .

China succumbs to India, stops road construction work

China says Indian troops intruded into Chinese territory violating LAC 410 times this Year!

All of us were against Nawaz's visit to India but we didn't blast him in a hope that Modi will reciprocate. Looks like Modi didn't take our goodwill despite his previous record more than a weakness and a personal gambit. If he is a statesman he should respect the mandate indians have given to him and not act like a demagogue. His rhetoric is no longer empty because he is translating it into deaths for our citizens and we will not tolerate him nor Nawaz Sharif if he doesn't protect us from Modi's brinksmanship.

@nair

Wither or not he cares about Pakistani media but he does care a lot about Pakistan,one reason why his whole election campaign was based on anti-Pakistan tantrum,another such surge in anti-Pakistan statements was seen just before the recent elections..So tell me who care most..
well the whole election was faught on onli one plank by him and it was "achhe din ane wale hain" = good governence and development it was onli onle place he said that pakistan should be responded back in the onli language which they understand but just like indian paid media pakistani media also created a paranoia about modi owr nation dint buy it but pakistanies did and still clinging on to there pre concieved notions .... and thats pakistans problem not owrs

Back
Top Bottom