What's new

Modi's initiatives to make Hindi lingua franca

LOL . while I am learning you go watch this Arima (lion)

yeah..Arima(though its not in common usage)..anyway//
What is the term 'HARI' in Sanskrit???
HARI- ARIMA..any relations??

yeah..Arima(though its not in common usage)..anyway//
What is the term 'HARI' in Sanskrit???
HARI- ARIMA..any relations??

from my search - according to Monier Williams (of The Sanskrit Lexicon fame) Sanskrit hari is probably derived from Tamil arima
Sanskrit Hari (Devanagari: हरि) is in origin a colour term for yellowish hues, including yellow, golden, yellowish-brown or reddish brown, fallow or khaki, pale yellow, greenish or green-yellow It has important symbolism in the Rigvedaand hence in Hinduism; in Rigvedic symbolism, it unites the colours of Soma, the Sun, and bay horses under a single term.[1]

Last edited:
from my search - according to Monier Williams (of The Sanskrit Lexicon fame) Sanskrit hari is probably derived from Tamil arima

You seems to have spend lots on internet search to find basic tamil words. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

hahaha...do a bit more google search..I bet you can...

Hari means God.....harne wala...who takes away all miseries.

I am an Indian guy, No means yes in my book :azn:

@Gibbs can i come to Sri lanka bro? I hear the living conditions are better, and the landscape and culture is not that different from kerala.

Any time mate.. You wont miss home (Kerala) much.. Lets have some arrack and listen to baila.. Enjoy tropical sun sets.. Let the jingoist loonies squabble in their own little bubbles

:cheers:

There are only three options.................

1. Either you know Hindi.
2. Either you vote Modi.
3. Either you sing Vande Mataram............

Rest Can go to Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Honululu or whichever country they want, but INDIA is not for them. PERIOD. :angry:

poor troll attempt 4/10.

You must be more subtle my man :)

Hari means God.....harne wala...who takes away all miseries.

marauding Aryan never had the concept of god they believed in devas and asuras,. names like Hari (monkey) , Simha (lion) are not mentioned in their vedas but in mythological puranas created after the 8th century onwards

marauding Aryan never had the concept of god they believed in devas and asuras,. names like Hari (monkey) , Simha (lion) are not mentioned in their vedas but in mythological puranas created after the 8th century onwards

Seems you are doing lots of google search.

Until you know this. :coffee: China is united by a common writing system, not a common language. ;)

BBC News - Beijing says 400 million Chinese cannot speak Mandarin
lol , "400 million Chinese cannot speak Mandarin", lol, BBC??? I think this is nonsense. Maybe some people over the age of sixty can't speak, but basically canunderstand others speak mandarin.Standard Mandarin(Putonghua) is based on the northern Mandarin Han Chinese, Mandarin(not putonghua) is the most widely used in China, population nearly900000000 people. the remaining other Han dialects, accounted for a total of 30% Han people.Like Cantonese, accounted for only 5% of the all Han people,Even in Guangdong Province, there are half of the population r not speak cantonese

Secondly,the India and China differences, China Han people accounted for 90%, India is different, many ethnic, racial. India's largest ethnic hindustani people accounted for much.? In China Cantonese, Shanghai dialect, Hakka, northern dialect, all Han dialects, like the Tibetan language, is also divided into Amdo, Kham dialect, u-Tsang,, and so on, and some tibetan dialect also Can not communicate .

Compared with other languages,w e Han Chinese language the biggest difference is that it is based on the ideographic characters and pictographic characters, even if the pronunciation is different, but still can understand. Any Han people, as long as not illiterate, no matter what kind of dialect he said, can understand Chinese characters, both TV and newspaper, or on the road sign.They can read out. Even if my more than 80 year old grandfather, also can read the characters on the tv.
So the "400 million Chinese cannot speak Mandarin" is a false proposition.

we unified the characters in two thousand years ago and our text is notalphabetic writing.:-)

Obviously different with India,India has many languages do not belong to the same family。 the most used local languages in India compared to other countries is not dominant, India's most widely implemented is English, and English is the international language, English as the official language, is the most correct choice for india

Indians should learn from Chinese about being passionate to their national language.

Last edited:
lol , "400 million Chinese cannot speak Mandarin", lol, BBC??? I think this is nonsense. Maybe some people over the age of sixty can't speak, but basically canunderstand others speak mandarin.Standard Mandarin(Putonghua) is based on the northern Mandarin Han Chinese, Mandarin(not putonghua) is the most widely used in China, population nearly900000000 people. the remaining other Han dialects, accounted for a total of 30% Han people.Like Cantonese, accounted for only 5% of the all Han people,Even in Guangdong Province, there are half of the population r not speak cantonese
Secondly,the India and China differences, China Han people accounted for 90%, India is different, many ethnic, racial. India's largest ethnic hindustani people accounted for much.? In China Cantonese, Shanghai dialect, Hakka, northern dialect, all Han dialects, like the Tibetan language, is also divided into Amdo, Kham dialect, u-Tsang,, and so on, and some tibetan dialect also Can not communicate .
Compared with other languages,w e Han Chinese language the biggest difference is that it is based on the ideographic characters and pictographic characters, even if the pronunciation is different, but still can understand. Any Han people, as long as not illiterate, no matter what kind of dialect he said, can understand Chinese characters, both TV and newspaper, or on the road sign.They can read out. Even if my more than 80 year old grandfather, also can read the characters on the tv.
So the "400 million Chinese cannot speak Mandarin" is a false proposition.
we unified the characters in two thousand years ago and our text is notalphabetic writing.:-)
Obviously different with India,India has many languages do not belong to the same family。 the most used local languages in India compared to other countries is not dominant, India's most widely implemented is English, and English is the international language, English as the official language, is the most correct choice for india

That 400 million figure was from Chinese government. Since Chinese script is Pictograph, I can understand why 400 millions don't need to speak Mandarin.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom