What's new

Modi's Clean India Drive & reality...

That video Doo Doo posted shows only a small part of Jodhpur. For the most part, jodhpur is relatively clean by South Asian standards. The fact that Jodhpur gets almost as many tourists every year as the entirety of Pakistan is proof enough.

It's not about Jodhpur, it's about most of the urban cities in India...many reasons for it.

Only those urban areas or towns are cleaner which are sparsely populated, like the one you posted about Mizoram. India has huge population bulge and population density in India is about double that of Pakistan, with rich and poor divide starker, slums and upscale areas coexist...

It is about affordable lower middle class housing which is needed, Mumbai has this problem the most, Karachi has lots of lower middle class areas with cheap affordable housing, the reason slums are not there in huge numbers.

I understand that Hindus tend to worship things or animals that other people consider beneath them... but this is a new low, which begs the question: what won't Hindus worship?

They worship river ganga and have made it the filthiest river ever.

It's not about Jodhpur, it's about most of the urban cities in India...many reasons for it.

Only those urban areas or towns are cleaner which are sparsely populated, like the one you posted about Mizoram. India has huge population bulge and population density in India is about double that of Pakistan, with rich and poor divide starker, slums and upscale areas coexist...

It is about affordable lower middle class housing which is needed, Mumbai has this problem the most, Karachi has lots of lower middle class areas with cheap affordable housing, the reason slums are not there in huge numbers.
Fair enough. I do agree India as a whole really needs affordable housing. What happens is people from rural areas migrate to urban areas but end up in slums because there is no housing. Overall that is mostly a problem with management and governance. States such as Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Himachal, Gujarat, and NE india have done well in this regard. Southern, Northern, and Eastern india however have not. Maharashtra definitely has it the worst but has been taking steps to solve the problem by building more housing projects. Hopefully the project will work as planned.

I understand that Hindus tend to worship things or animals that other people consider beneath them... but this is a new low, which begs the question: what won't Hindus worship?
HIndus respect anything that brings them good. If you are in the mood for serious topic I can explain. else not wasting my breath.

Massive corruption is going on in cleaning ganga.
Yes.

How is Modi's Clean India campaign? Any progress?

India has more than 1000 cities and towns...you will have lots of material here, worried you might be tired as this will go for a longer period...

They worship Trump?! :o:

IMG_5919.JPG
IMG_5920.JPG
IMG_5921.JPG
IMG_5922.JPG

Back
Top Bottom