What's new

Modi went to the G20 summit, and he saw this!

Right and we admire what China has achieved in the past 30 years. It has been nothing less then a miracle.

Incredible transformation, for sure, but it's much easier for China to achieve this than, say, India. It helps to be a one-party system, who has the ultimate authority to impose its will on the people and not the other way around.

Incredible transformation, for sure, but it's much easier for China to achieve this than, say, India. It helps to be a one-party system, who has the ultimate authority to impose its will on the people and not the other way around.

I disagree. Democracy makes growth easier. Almost all advanced economies are democracies. Being an authoritarian country actually impedes growth. Despite this, China has achieved a lot more than India.

Why is that?

I would add the culture to it also.

Just look at American, 24/7/365, by media/tvshows/ talkshows; "USA #1", "We are the Greatest Country in the World", "The best days of America are yet to come".

There's alot of that in the Indian Media, sensationalism/optimism. While Pakistan has focused more on pessimism. As you can clearly see just from this thread.

The one party, autocracy helped, just look at the Meiji Revolution just one freaking generation and Japan was transformed into a 1st class country. But the greater impact is taking pride in what you have. Knowing what is around you is a reflection of yourself, and the role you play in your environment.

Just look at American, 24/7/365, by media/tvshows/ talkshows; "USA #1", "We are the Greatest Country in the World", "The best days of America are yet to come".

There's alot of that in the Indian Media, sensationalism/optimism. While Pakistan has focused more on pessimism. As you can clearly see just from this thread.

The one party, autocracy helped, just look at the Meiji Revolution just one freaking generation and Japan was transformed into a 1st class country. But the greater impact is taking pride in what you have. Knowing what is around you is a reflection of yourself, and the role you play in your environment.

Are you saying Indians lack pride?

My post was to engage a constructive individual in hopes that he'll ignore you.

I think your post was very confusing. You say culture is important, and then proceed to name America and India as examples of cultures that have pride.

Ok... so pride helps, right?

So you still haven't answered my question: why is it that India, despite having the advantages of being democratic and proficient in English, has fallen decades behind China, an authoritarian country that despite is political handicap, has forged ahead and transformed itself.

Last edited:
And dirty places in Singapore as well, but I see many Indians here and many many more are trying to get here. Not to mention the many dirty places in America, but still many Indians aspire to immigrate to America.

It seems to me that many Indians simply prefer dirty places in America and Singapore over India.
Putting US flag won't make you a first class person from first world country..You people give education here!Why do most Pakistanis call themselves Indian when they are in abroad??

When will India have a city as clean and developed as this? What do our Indian members think? Will it be 5 years, 10 years, 20 years?

Awesome.....Great Job China!....Hard work and commitment to success.

Right, but what about the ratio between the clean parts and the dirty parts. I find Indian cities to be the dirtiest in the world, even far worse than Lagos or other African cities. Sure, there are some cleaner areas, but they are very few compared to the rest of the cities, which are full of filth.

Indian cities are uniquely dirty. I say this because filth is the norm in Indian cities, with cleanliness being the exception and a rarity. Nowhere in America, Europe, the Middle East, South America or China can you find the same kind of extensive filth.
Hey!..Did an Indian take your Job?...Why do you hate India and Indians so much. Please dont judge them by PDF standards....To add to this I dont hate Chinese or Pakistanis as well. I meet them daily here....infact we all use PDF....and actually curse each other out when we get a chance..as a joke. In reality we actually get along quite well.

Indians are still learning to be Indians: a core set of principles that make up the various ethnic groups, languages, and, yes, religion, into one coherent whole. Considering that India is only about 70 years old, it has a bit of ways to go.

Awesome.....Great Job China!....Hard work and commitment to success.

Hey!..Did an Indian take your Job?...Why do you hate India and Indians so much. Please dont judge them by PDF standards....To add to this I dont hate Chinese or Pakistanis as well. I meet them daily here....infact we all use PDF....and actually curse each other out when we get a chance..as a joke. In reality we actually get along quite well.

Why are you so sensitive? I'm merely stating my observation. I should clarify that Indians seem to keep the inside of their living places clean, but most public places are filthy and full of uncollected litter and trash. Why is that? Why don't they take better care of public spaces?

Why are you so sensitive? I'm merely stating my observation. I should clarify that Indians seem to keep the inside of their living places clean, but most public places are filthy and full of uncollected litter and trash. Why is that? Why don't they take better care of public spaces?
I am not sensitive chief!....This is a cultural thing.....except for inside their homes majority of Indian's really dont care about the outside. That will change/should change, I agree...From my personal experience, I used to be the same way about 20 years back...Now looking back I was also part of the problem...This great country taught me one thing, that is also a cultural thing..that it is the citizens responsibility to not litter....now its just the opposite....we keep litter inside the house untill garbage day....lol!....kids in India need to be taught right from young age to respect their surroundings...Has to start early ....also I blame the corporation department of India..There were not enough garbage dumpsters for the people to use as well....Hopefully things are changing?

Indians are still learning to be Indians: a core set of principles that make up the various ethnic groups, languages, and, yes, religion, into one coherent whole. Considering that India is only about 70 years old, it has a bit of ways to go.

What are these core principles?

Here's a picture of NYC:

View attachment 336852

Here's another of NYC:
images
:rofl: :omghaha:

When will India have a city as clean and developed as this? What do our Indian members think? Will it be 5 years, 10 years, 20 years?

The video was made by a young couple who quitted their jobs and founded their own studio.

But I think our cities in the interior of China are more impressing!
Hangzhou is already developed, no need to focus on it too much.
We need to focus on building our cities in Western China and Central China!

What kind of local governors do we need in China?

Inside China's poorest province: Guizhou Province on the rapid rise

Look who posted the video: People's Daily. Enough said. Film it right, edit it well and anybody can make any city look fabulous.
Sorry man, that's made by a young couple using several years.

This is our official one from Zhejiang Province Satellite Channel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom