What's new

Modi wants Rajapaksa and neighbours at swearing in

Muslims from Ceylon is our issue...last month ,a ceylonese muslim isi agent was arrested by Tamilnad police for spying...and also in Kerala one was arrested for drug trafficking....

Arresting the SL Muslim suspect is a random case. This is the first time we heard such news.
Few days ago we arrested Indian RAW suspect, he is from Kerala. We haven't much issue with people from Kerala except Kerala Ganga (KG) so far. But Tamils from Tamilnadu are so annoying so I don't support for any bridge/road between India & Sri Lanka or no visa system.

we can consider it If Tamilnadu state become developed than Sri Lanka. Then natural flow will be toward to Tamilnadu, Tamils in here will jump back to TN. lol

Who the **** cares for others? World will care if Nawaz go to India, not officials of lulo nations.

Ahem if you haven't realised , Pakistan is quite high up in the failed states index while other countries are not. All of India's neighbours are equally important and equally unimportant.

TN is as much India as much as Punjab, Maharashtra, Delhi and Sikkim are, mate.

They are our countrymen and their concerns are our concerns collectively. When fishermen are killed and kidnapped, they are our people as much as they belong to TN. We in the mountains feel the pain of these fishermen as much and I am sure so would you.

There is a serious problem but that will not be solved by war. Technically a conflict won't even last 3 days in the worst case scenario. But what will we gain from it?

UPA decimated our influence, goodwill and credibility not just with estranged neighbours like Lanka but also with friendly ones like Maldives. Their weakness, attitude and total neglect caused so much damage that it is worth gold if we could count on value terms.

UPA was tasked to DEFINE and implement a maritime border and create appropriate means to warn our fishermen down south to limit their fishing in Indian waters. Same was supposed to be with the Lankans on their side.

But instead, these morons gave our one island to SL which emboldened their leadership to push a little bit around.

Relations are respected when they are strong, independent and can draw a Red line.

Defining the maritime border and educating fishermen about them is a government's responsibility. since there is no fence possible, the government has to task out other means to demarkate the area and scrap off the inter-country fishing agreements that actually allow rogue local military authorities to kill our folks.

If the attacks happen AFTER such measures have been taken, then the government has all the rights to retaliate with severity.
Congress never had a foreign or domestic policy.

They came only to weaken Rupee, destroy our economy, weaken our national defences and communalize India.

There will be explanation and discussions done before the ceremony.

Modi has clarified that the focus will be on development and not on politics. Which means that this is like starting with a clean slate. Jaylalitha the CM of TN is very close to Modi and BJP as a whole. Despite not being allies, they are still always made aware of why a decision is taken.
An Indian whether from Delhi or from TN or from Mizoram is equally important.
However, we cannot be blind to realities because of nationalism.

The GoI legally ceded away that island decades back. Whether right or wrong (wrong imo), it is high time that people from TN made peace with it. Nothing can be done about it now except take lessons for the future. We have made similar mistakes in the past like giving away coco islands.

Secondly, are you aware that TN fishermen dont cross over to Lankan waters because they are not aware, they do so deliberately?
Yes, that is correct. It is Indians who are fault here. A majority of Indian fishermen go to Lankan waters because they - despite having been told repeatedly - use bottom trawler fishing which has absolutely ravaged the Indian waters and depleted the fishing stock here.

It is because of this that they are going to Lankan waters. And even today, they refuse to learn, they are using the same unsustainable fishing methods in Lankan waters.

Now in light of this, would you still defend them, knowing that it is us who are in the wrong. The Lankans are justified in taking actions and stopping the fishermen. How would you feel if tomorrow thousands of Pakistani fishermen started fishing in Indian waters even after repeated warnings?

Now, just because we are a more powerful nation, does not mean that we act unjustly with anyone or bully anyone. Many Indian Tamils would like us to go to war with Lanka over this issue. And what is really sad is that most of the Tamil people know this fact, that it is our fault, and yet choose to ignore it.

Last edited:
An Indian whether from Delhi or from TN or from Mizoram is equally important.
However, we cannot be blind to realities because of nationalism.

I agree bhai.

The GoI legally ceded away that island decades back. Whether right or wrong (wrong imo), it is high time that people from TN made peace with it. Nothing can be done about it now except take lessons for the future. We have made similar mistakes in the past like giving away coco islands.

There is nothing 'legal' in giving away our territory like donations to others. This is a country we are talking about. And it does not belong to Pappu's papa to hand it over.

This donating of lands is a disease in the Gandhian gene; whether it is Nehru or MK.

Not even a king had the authority to donate lands away, who the hell is Congress?

Did we unite to divide again or what? I can never support this. Never.

Technically, we should have all the islands of IOR as our territories historically but instead, we are giving what we already have.

Azad Kashmir, COK, Katchatheevu, Coco islands... WTF!? :mad:

Secondly, are you aware that TN fishermen dont cross over to Lankan waters because they are not aware, they do so deliberately?

Not always.

We have an agreement with Lanka to allow fishermen of each others' nations to fish in each others' waters. But considering that there have been attacks and killings of our fishermen and that pathetic puppet has not done anything about it; either in diplomacy or militarily is what is the problem.

Yes, that is correct. It is Indians who are fault here. A majority of Indian fishermen go to Lankan waters because they - despite having been told repeatedly - use bottom trawler fishing which has absolutely ravaged the Indian waters and depleted the fishing stock here. It is because of this that they are going to Lankan waters. And even today, they refuse to learn, they are using the same unsustainable fishing methods in Lankan waters.Now in light of this, would you still defend them, knowing that it is us who are in the wrong. The Lankans are justified in taking actions and stopping the fishermen. How would you feel if tomorrow thousands of Pakistani fishermen started fishing in Indian waters even after repeated warnings?

See, we have to enforce the rules on our part and only then we are eligible to point fingers at the Lankans in case something is wrong.

Now, just because we are a more powerful nation, does not mean that we act unjustly with anyone or bully anyone. Many Indian Tamils would like us to go to war with Lanka over this issue. And what is really sad is that most of the Tamil people know this fact, that it is our fault, and yet choose to ignore it.

No one is talking about war.

I was talking about being aggressive like the series of killings that took place in our waters. Last year and 2012, we had killings of our fisherfolk in our own waters while SLN gunboats shot and scooted off and that filthy puppet did nothing about it.

And BTW we are the biggest victims of 'big neighbour guilt' bullying in South Asia. Just because we are big doesn't mean we should be saddled with an imaginary guilt of being 'bully'.

A strong PM must show that we are benevolent but ruthless when time comes.

I support the initiative to invite Rajapakse, but as a two-edged blade:

1- We want friendship that mutually benefits us; we won't harm each other.

2- If we are harmed here, we will take measures like never seen in the last 14 years.

Smart move! A Butcher seeks to wash his sins in Ganga jal with these attendance. The Muslim leaders should boycott. Send a leading non-Muslim figure instead.
The butcher of Hindus giving lecture. he he he.

Not always.

We have an agreement with Lanka to allow fishermen of each others' nations to fish in each others' waters. But considering that there have been attacks and killings of our fishermen and that pathetic puppet has not done anything about it; either in diplomacy or militarily is what is the problem.

No you DONT.. TN fishermen only have the right to dry thier nets and visit the church on Katchchteevu.. On which bloody universe does a sovereign nation gives permission to another to plunder thier natural wealth and trespass thier territorial integrity ???

Indians Have No Fishing Rights Around Katchatheevu: Centre -The New Indian Express

Further more not a single TN fisherman have been killed ALLEGEDLY in SL waters since 2009 when the civil war ended

And understand the islet was NEVER India's to give away in the first place.. Contrary to what politicians of TN says.. Read it up

Good move. Lets start fresh with good beginning and leave the rest to our neighbours.

I agree bhai.
There is nothing 'legal' in giving away our territory like donations to others. This is a country we are talking about. And it does not belong to Pappu's papa to hand it over.
This donating of lands is a disease in the Gandhian gene; whether it is Nehru or MK.
Not even a king had the authority to donate lands away, who the hell is Congress?
Did we unite to divide again or what? I can never support this. Never.
Technically, we should have all the islands of IOR as our territories historically but instead, we are giving what we already have.
Azad Kashmir, COK, Katchatheevu, Coco islands... WTF!? :mad:
It is legal. Whether or not it is moral is another issue.
The Prime Minister of India has authority granted to him by the people of India and the Parliament. The move of giving away the Island was challenged in the Courts and the Courts agreed it was legal.

If something is done by Indian Government , we cannot go back on the treaties we sign, the repercussions go far beyond Sri Lanka in that case.

In this case, we can do nothing short of write that Island among a couple of others, off as a loss.

No we donot.
Let me re-emphasize it. We donot have any rights or any agreement that lets Indian fishermen fish in Lankan waters.
Indians by means of that treaty have certain rights - religious pilgrimages on the Island for example, but no fishing rights or rights to use the resources.

See, we have to enforce the rules on our part and only then we are eligible to point fingers at the Lankans in case something is wrong.
And in this case, it is us who are at fault.
If we had not given away the Island, it would have been okay. But the reality is that we have.
And Indian fishermen fishing in Lankan waters is akin to Pakistani or Chinese fishermen fishing in Indian waters. We wont allow that. Similarly SL wont allow Indian fishermen.

And most Indian fishermen there do know this. The sole reason they fish there is because
1. Their bad fishing practices have practically depleted fishing stock in Indian waters and damaged the eco system.
2. Because of the decades long war, SL fishermen were never quite able to fish properly in those regions. Those SL regions are extra-ordinarily rich in fishing resources.

Most Indian fishermen do this deliberately, not out of a mistake.

No one is talking about war.

I was talking about being aggressive like the series of killings that took place in our waters. Last year and 2012, we had killings of our fisherfolk in our own waters while SLN gunboats shot and scooted off and that filthy puppet did nothing about it.
And BTW we are the biggest victims of 'big neighbour guilt' bullying in South Asia. Just because we are big doesn't mean we should be saddled with an imaginary guilt of being 'bully'.
A strong PM must show that we are benevolent but ruthless when time comes.
And I am not one of those who pause at the thought of using force. We are a militarily strong nation, but we must use the military in the right situations.

I agree, that wherever we find that SLN has violated Indian waters or fired at Indian fishermen in Indian waters, IN should be mandated to deal with it as it wants.

But, as long as its us at fault, we cannot use force.

It is legal. Whether or not it is moral is another issue.
The Prime Minister of India has authority granted to him by the people of India and the Parliament. The move of giving away the Island was challenged in the Courts and the Courts agreed it was legal.

If something is done by Indian Government , we cannot go back on the treaties we sign, the repercussions go far beyond Sri Lanka in that case.

In this case, we can do nothing short of write that Island among a couple of others, off as a loss.

No we donot.
Let me re-emphasize it. We donot have any rights or any agreement that lets Indian fishermen fish in Lankan waters.
Indians by means of that treaty have certain rights - religious pilgrimages on the Island for example, but no fishing rights or rights to use the resources.

And in this case, it is us who are at fault.
If we had not given away the Island, it would have been okay. But the reality is that we have.
And Indian fishermen fishing in Lankan waters is akin to Pakistani or Chinese fishermen fishing in Indian waters. We wont allow that. Similarly SL wont allow Indian fishermen.

And most Indian fishermen there do know this. The sole reason they fish there is because
1. Their bad fishing practices have practically depleted fishing stock in Indian waters and damaged the eco system.
2. Because of the decades long war, SL fishermen were never quite able to fish properly in those regions. Those SL regions are extra-ordinarily rich in fishing resources.

Most Indian fishermen do this deliberately, not out of a mistake.

And I am not one of those who pause at the thought of using force. We are a militarily strong nation, but we must use the military in the right situations.

I agree, that wherever we find that SLN has violated Indian waters or fired at Indian fishermen in Indian waters, IN should be mandated to deal with it as it wants.

But, as long as its us at fault, we cannot use force.

I support you on the fact that if we are wrong we must accept.

But ceding territory will never be acceptable.

The court judgement is not divine and it can be wrong in some cases.

No you DONT.. TN fishermen only have the right to dry thier nets and visit the church on Katchchteevu.. On which bloody universe does a sovereign nation gives permission to another to plunder thier natural wealth and trespass thier territorial integrity ???

Indians Have No Fishing Rights Around Katchatheevu: Centre -The New Indian Express

Further more not a single TN fisherman have been killed ALLEGEDLY in SL waters since 2009 when the civil war ended

And understand the islet was NEVER India's to give away in the first place.. Contrary to what politicians of TN says.. Read it up

Actually, there have been three violations in the last two years where SLN had killed our fishermen.

We want to cooperate with you but your actions were not acceptable.

And BTW the agreement is mutual meaning that Lankans were eligible to fish in our waters equally.

I don't know whether this has been revoked or not since I don't follow the news so intensely.

But thanks for correcting the last part.

I support you on the fact that if we are wrong we must accept.

But ceding territory will never be acceptable.

We didn't capture it from SL. We always owned it.

The court judgement is not divine and it can be wrong in some cases.
The Courts judgement is always limited to whether or not any action taken is legal.

The act of giving away the Island was legal. Whether or not it was moral, or the right thing to do is a separate discussion. We cannot claim it back now.

The Gandhi's have for a long time held colonial attitudes, giving away land here and there. Fortunately that is now changing , though slowly.

But as far as this topic is concerned, it was always DMK which whipped up rhetoric and passion in TN. They manipulated the electorate and made them think that if they push hard enough, Center will take back the Island and/or force SL to let the fishermen keep fishing in Lankan waters.

Neither of those can happen. It is something we have to reconcile ourselves to.

Actually, there have been three violations in the last two years where SLN had killed our fishermen.

We want to cooperate with you but your actions were not acceptable.

And BTW the agreement is mutual meaning that Lankans were eligible to fish in our waters equally.

I don't know whether this has been revoked or not since I don't follow the news so intensely.

But thanks for correcting the last part.

Sorry but that is complete nonsense.. there was NEVER an agreement for mutual fishing in each others waters.. Though TN poachers were trying to push through such a deal no sensible govt will ever agree to such thing.. If you have proof otherwise please post.. So there was NEVER such an agreement to revoke in the first place

Second the islet was jointly administered by the British colonial govts of both India and Ceylon till 1947.. It belonged to neither.. Since independence both govts had discussion of the maritime boundary and finally accepted the island indeed belonged to SL..Claims by some irrelevant family in TN owning it hundreds of years ago without any legal proven proof does not hold water in international law or treaties

And pls state validated sources of any TN fishermen killed in SL waters post 2009, If not they're are mere ALLEGATIONS on the part of politics of attrition in TN

Ahem if you haven't realised , Pakistan is quite high up in the failed states index while other countries are not. All of India's neighbours are equally important and equally unimportant.

Yes i can see that, lol. This made headlines because Pakistan was involved, other lulo nations are slaves of Bharat anyway. Excluding Sri Lanka.

Sorry but that is complete nonsense.. there was NEVER an agreement for mutual fishing in each others waters.. Though TN poachers were trying to push through such a deal no sensible govt will ever agree to such thing.. If you have proof otherwise please post.. So there was NEVER such an agreement to revoke in the first place

Man I am Sikkimese. why would I put a false blame on you?

It was all over the paper and got the limelight when three fishermen bodies were found strangled in fishing nets within Indian territorial waters with torture marks all over them. Google it.

Man I am Sikkimese. why would I put a false blame on you?

It was all over the paper and got the limelight when three fishermen bodies were found strangled in fishing nets within Indian territorial waters with torture marks all over them. Google it.

It does not matter where your from mate.. When you post something there needs to be verified sources to prove it.. Any tom dick and harry can make claims but that does not make them true.. Especially when one party is highly attritional to the other like TN is.. Mere heresay is used to whip up public opinion

The last time any TN fishermen was killed in SL waters was in 2011.. I would like to take back my comment earlier about 2009

http://www.defence.lk/new.asp?fname...en_killed_Indian_Defence_Minister_20130424_03

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom