What's new

Modi visiting Lahore today

Nice step by Modi but I can't see a improvement in ties until LET/JUD and other state assets are dismantled.

Because non-bhakts are confused too. Modi trolled everyone quite brilliantly.

My personal view on this new bonhomie is quite pessimistic. I'd love to be proven wrong but history suggests that nothing good will come out of this. Hope I'm wrong.
There will be TV programs which will get TRP. Also this will take away focus from DDCA.

200% agree with you buddy but wont most of the indians like you me enjoy the way the india media is made to run like a headless chicken on guessing about modis whats next ?. But the only complaint i have with the modi government is his media strategy is very bad. None of his great work in foreign policy,bringing transparency in government functioning ,economy , ,Defence,Power ,Railways etc... is getting highlighted all i see is the f@ucking intolerant,award wapasi and beef politics in the media .Its high time he reverses the trend by appointing a proper PR person for the goverment
Although this wasn't really spontaneous as they claim it to be, I really liked the way media was completely kept at the dark. They weren't given time to choose their sides. Hence this confusion & anchors didn't know who's line to draw at the time.
Coming back to Modi's media strategy, you are right. There's a lot he needs to do. They are lacking right people & way to articulate their point of view. Also majority of media houses & anchors do carry this pre-tuned narrative about Modi & BJP. But it's the job of the govt to get around that, either through logic & reson or by unconventional means!

Only looking for passage thru Pakistan, nothing else. The government, which do not allow playing cricket with Pakistan is on 'GOOD WILL' spree. :lol:

4 0 G+0
By: PTI | Mumbai | Published:December 25, 2015 9:16 pm
modi-nawaz-airport-759.jpg
Modi meets Nawaz Sharif.
BJP ally Shiv Sena and Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Friday asked if Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s sudden visit to Pakistan will lead to effective action against cross-border terrorism as well as terror masterminds like Dawood Ibrahim, Hafiz Saeed and Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.

“Will Dawood Ibrahim be given to India after today’s meeting (between Modi and Sharif)? If this happens, we welcome this visit,” Sena spokesman Sanjay Raut said in Mumbai.

He said it will welcome Modi’s visit to Lahore if it leads to handing over of Dawood to India and warned against engaging in talks with a country that is “dangerous” and promotes terrorism.

Sena said Modi’s surprise visit to Pakistan does not appear to be a sudden decision and wondered if the Prime Minister’s own party, BJP, will be able to digest this brand of diplomatic push with the neighbouring country.

“The Prime Minister suddenly decides to go to Lahore. Will this be digested by BJP? There is nothing wrong in PMs talking to their counterparts in other countries but is Pakistan a country with which dialogue is possible? I do not think that the meeting (between Modi and Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif) was sudden because such meets don’t just happen like that,” Raut said.

“It is not a crime for PMs to talk to PMs of other countries. In the past too, Prime Ministers, including Atalji (Bihari Vajpayee) had gone to Pakistan. But has anything changed in all these years?” he said.

Raut said if the neighbouring country decides to hand over Dawood, the dreaded gangster and alleged mastermind of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts who is said to be in Pakistan, the visit by Modi will be welcomed by Sena.

“Tomorrow is the birthday of India’s biggest enemy Dawood Ibrahim. News reports say Nawaz Sharif’s Ministers, Members of Parliament, Army and ISI officials and cricketers will attend the birthday celebration. What does this (meeting) mean then?” he said.

Asked if Sena will take up the issue of NDA allies not being taken into confidence before Modi’s visit to Lahore, Raut said “this is an international issue.”

“We cannot have any talks with this dangerous country that promotes terrorism. Only yesterday, 13 people were injured in cross-border firing by Pakistan. How do we talk with Pakistan then?” Raut questioned.

VHP international working president Pravin Togadia said in a statement issued in Allahabad that “hatever may be the reasons behind the Prime Minister’s surprise visit to Lahore, we hope that his tour of Pakistan leads to effective action by the neighboring country against terrorists operating from their soil.”

“Pakistan is also the land where 1993 Mumbai serial blasts accused and underworld Dawood Ibrahim has been hiding for more than two decades. The neighboring country has so far been in a state of denial in this regard.

“We hope that our dashing and dynamic PM Modiji’s intervention will bring about a radical change”, Togadia said.

He said “we also sincerely hope that Modiji will compel Pakistan to take effective action against Hafiz Saeed and Lakhvi both of whom have been roaming scot-free in the neighboring country despite their involvement in the dastardly terrorist attack on Mumbai on November 26, 2008.

New Delhi: The opposition has criticised Prime Minister Narendra Modi's sudden decision to "drop by" in Pakistan on his way back home from Afghanistan this afternoon, also questioning the manner in which the visit was announced.

"The move, if not preposterous, is utterly ridiculous. You can't do such things in such a cavalier manner," said the Congress' Manish Tiwari, who also warned, "PM Modi's adventures will have serious implications."

The Janata Dal United said it was "shocked." Senior leader KC Tyagi said, "I am stunned and shocked. At this moment, I can think of beheaded Hemraj." Lance Naik Hemraj was beheaded by Pakistani soldiers on January 8 last year in the Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.

And Ashutosh of the Aam Aadmi Party tweeted:

it's BJP/Modi who has been opposing talks with Pak during Manmohan time under the pretext of Pak sponsored terrorism. What has changed now ?

ashutosh (@ashutosh83B) December 25, 2015
The ruling BJP countered the criticism, with party spokesperson Nalin Kohli saying, "Better ties with Pakistan are in the interest of the region. If two nations are trying to work out ties, we must welcome it."

PM Modi announced his visit - his first to Pakistan since taking office last year and the first visit to the country by an Indian prime minister in 12 years - in a tweet.

Looking forward to meeting PM Nawaz Sharif in Lahore today afternoon, where I will drop by on my way back to Delhi.

Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 25, 2015
He also wished Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on his 66th birthday.

Spoke to PM Nawaz Sharif & wished him on his birthday.

Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 25, 2015
The Congress has objected to the visit being announced casually. "It is unfortunate that we get to know about the prime minister's visit through a tweet... India and Pakistan relations are not so good as yet that he stops over there on his way back from another country," the party's Ajoy Kumar told news agency IANS.

Government sources told NDTV that the PM's visit was decided only this morning, a "spontaneous" move that happened when he called up Mr Sharif to wish him a happy birthday.

"That's like a statesman. Padosi se aise hi rishte hone chahiyen (ties with neighbours should be like this)," foreign minister Susma Swaraj has tweeted.
Story First Published: December 25, 2015 15:26 IST

Lo ab Shoid Mian bhi bol pade

New Delhi: Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar was all praise for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s surprise visit to Pakistan and termed the visit as a “great” news for Indo-Pak ties.

PM Modi, who earlier landed in Kabul from a successful visit to Russia, made the decision to visit Pakistan and greet his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on his 66th birthday, a move that is being largely projected as unplanned.

Shoaib Akhtar, on his part, expressed happiness at the sudden visit by PM Modi and tweeted that this was an opportunity for Pakistan to show their Indian guest their “great hospitality”.

Great news prime minster of India Is here Let’s us show our great hospitality what we are famous4 Great news for the Indo Pak relationship

— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) December 25, 2015

Akhtar also posted another tweet where he hoped that PM Modi’s historic visit to Pakistan augurs well for both countries. This tweet was deleted later, and no explanation was given for the same.

Screen grab of Shoaib Akhtar’s tweet where he talks about Indo-Pak ties.

Shoaib Akhtar, one of the fastest and most fearsome bowlers of all time, has been a crowd favourite always and his duels with the Indian batsmen, especially the great Sachin Tendulkar, are well-renowned. The Rawalpindi Express, as he is popularly known as, has also featured in the Indian Premier League, playing for the Shah Rukh Khan-owned Kolkata Knight Riders.

Ho Ho Ho..Shake my belly like bowl full of jelly..

modi_1419420990.jpg

Excerpt from the above link:
On Friday afternoon, Mr. Modi’s plane landed at Lahore airport after a trip from the Afghan capital, Kabul. Just after 4:30 p.m., Mr. Modi emerged from the plane, clasped his hands in a gesture of greeting and embraced the waiting Mr. Sharif. The two men then boarded a helicopter to take them to Mr. Sharif’s private residence on the outskirts of the city. At 5:10 p.m., they reached the palatial home, where Mr. Modi warmly shook hands with Mr. Sharif’s two sons and other relatives.
NS being himself again.

A very suspicious visit. Nothing good for Pakistan.

Nice step by Modi but I can't see a improvement in ties until LET/JUD and other state assets are dismantled.

And similarly, they other side would ask RAW to abandon operations in Baluchistan, Karachi and KPK. So I guess, you'll always remain in darkness!!!

Why always bring in pessimistic stuff? Move on to 2016 and with optimism. Modi and NS, are mature, seasoned politicians and leaders. They didn't exactly meet to repeat the past. There is a much broader picture here, to slowly start to let people on each side get involved with each other and defeat misconceptions and issues. Why not cherish the good development, instead of keep bringing up the past? Neither one of you is clean, unlike what your media suggests!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom