What's new

Modi visiting Lahore today

The current Pak govt is the most powerful civilian govt since 1977--the last was the one of ZAB.
As I had said several times in this forum before: One unintended but unmistakable consequence of 9/11 and the resulting violence in Pakistan was the weakening of the 'Security State' in Pakistan. I don't think the Army is interested in power--not when the sitting President/COAS like Musharraf himself was reduced to a 'Bunker President' by 2007.

This govt has the mandate and the credentials to take off where Musharraf-Manmohan left off...
And yet Pakistan Military has wizened up to changing times as well.

Instead of taking the direct route, they took the indirect route or 'soft coup' using Imran Khan and dharna's and other forms of protest to show the civilian Govt of Pakistan its limits.

Pakistan has a long way to go before the Govt of Pakistan becomes the true and only authority. We wish that day comes soon and Pakistan's progression towards systemic democracy become irreversible.

Does anybody know the reaction of that chutium sulphate Ali Geelani of Hurriyat Conference.

This old fart must have barked by now. He must be suffering from pruritis ani.
:o:

you false flag much, bro ? :what:

in case you don't, :cheers: (I was with some kashmiri friends yesterday, and those guys, while not 'pro India' per se, are no fans of that old fart either)

trollan baba ki jai ho

Be it inviting Obama or visiting Pakistan he has an amazing talent to silence his critique in his own style and Modi is proving that he is far far ahead of all the Indian foreign policy makers India ever saw in the last 67 years .
& he is proving far ahead of these journalists too, who tend to dictate the course of agenda well before the meet. Here they are always left well behind & are made to catch up with the course dictated by someone else. Real nightmare for presstitutes!

:o:

you false flag much, bro ? :what:

in case you don't, :cheers: (I was with some kashmiri friends yesterday, and those guys, while not 'pro India' per se, are no fans of that old fart either)

trollan baba ki jai ho
The mods can check my IP address. They know I am not from India. Jingoists regularly call the mods to check my IP address. So I am used to this.

Correct but no way lahore can compare to Delhi as delhi mcr itself one of the world city rather a regional one.The vehicle population itself is more than all Pakistani cities combined and 1/3 of Lahore population volume riding on Delhi metro per day
No need to get defensive, its an old punjabi saying jeez

Riiiiiiiight

dmlpokxddethm8ozsddl.jpg

Is this your master, bro?

The mods can check my IP address. They know I am not from India. Jingoists regularly call the mods to check my IP address. So I am used to this.
fair play, man.

it's just surprising to see a Pakistani on this forum have a go at the hurriyat idiots, apparently they have very little traction even within Indian Kashmir.

government to government is the way forward to discuss the issue, militant proxies and guys like geelani are actually holding back the dialogue, ISI/Pak army establishment should drop them if real progress is to be made.

If you were to zarb-e-azb the India specific lashkars etc, that would be great.. soft borders can work once there are no guns, grenades and religious fanatics looking for a blood-lust high.

Then why every non-bhakt is calling this as an amazing diplomacy ? Stop talking about these bullshit bhakts topic man and let us know your view on this

Because non-bhakts are confused too. Modi trolled everyone quite brilliantly.

My personal view on this new bonhomie is quite pessimistic. I'd love to be proven wrong but history suggests that nothing good will come out of this. Hope I'm wrong.

& he is proving far ahead of these journalists too, who tend to dictate the course of agenda well before the meet. Here they are always left well behind & are made to catch up with the course dictated by someone else. Real nightmare for presstitutes!

200% agree with you buddy but wont most of the indians like you me enjoy the way the india media is made to run like a headless chicken on guessing about modis whats next ?. But the only complaint i have with the modi government is his media strategy is very bad. None of his great work in foreign policy,bringing transparency in government functioning ,economy , ,Defence,Power ,Railways etc... is getting highlighted all i see is the f@ucking intolerant,award wapasi and beef politics in the media .Its high time he reverses the trend by appointing a proper PR person for the goverment

Because non-bhakts are confused too. Modi trolled everyone quite brilliantly.

My personal view on this new bonhomie is quite pessimistic. I'd love to be proven wrong but history suggests that nothing good will come out of this. Hope I'm wrong.
Exactly this is an amazing display of diplomacy skills by modi with all due respect to the earlier PM's of india can you remember when was the last time a PM working so tirelessly for having good relations with each and every country of the world and projecting India as brand to the whole world . This is what he said during the election campaign and he is exactly walking the talk so giver credit where it is due

Last edited:
Did you HAVE to add these stupid comments? Because the other side is thinking "there better not be a few more attacks in Karachi and Baluchistan after this visit".

Shiit meets shiit. Learn to overcome your effing bias and let a good thing take place. Public opinion of India isn't really the highest in Pakistan. Aren't you people "begging" for road access to Afghanistan :rofl: :angel: :omghaha:

Like I said, put all the crap aside, this is a good development for the region's 1.6 billion people and it should be appreciated. For once, I give Modi :tup: and the US :tup::tup: and NS :tup::tup::tup:, all these parties took a stand and made these things happen in the next month or so. All because of NS's successful trip to the US!!

Hey @Orangzaib mian; still up to your usual antics....... and poor language, hunh? :astagh:

Hope you had a peaceful Eid-e-Milad, at least that ought to have calmed down your neuroses.
Just make sure your neighborhood is quiet too; too many trigger-happy Gunks running amok in the US of A nowadays and shooting up their neighbors. Hope you wake up to a more peaceful 2016 !!

And yet Pakistan Military has wizened up to changing times as well.
Instead of taking the direct route, they took the indirect route or 'soft coup' using Imran Khan and dharna's and other forms of protest to show the civilian Govt of Pakistan its limits.
Pakistan has a long way to go before the Govt of Pakistan becomes the true and only authority. We wish that day comes soon and Pakistan's progression towards systemic democracy become irreversible.

Pakistani military's role in the 2014 Dharnas is debatable. I think the military got some leverage out from those Dharnas but I also think the primary power behind the Dharnas was not military. I believe it was Imran Khan's own political power--remember: He got a lot of votes barely a year before the Dharnas--he indeed had a lot of political capital then.

But you are correct--this govt is not the sole authority especially on aspects of foreign relations. But I don't think the military can cease power now--not for the foreseeable future, if not forever. And that's why I call this govt the most powerful civilian govt since 1977. And frankly I don't mind a little bit of sharing of power until 'the system' takes a firm hold--we know all too well what these conflicting power centers have done elsewhere in the world with coups and 'revolutions'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom