What's new

Modi bullied Sharif over terrorism, showed him the way forward: Pak journalist

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Narendra Modi "bullied" his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif over terrorism at their first meeting, a writer in a Pakistani newspaper said on Thursday.

Jalees Hazir said in The Nation that Modi not "only bullied him over terrorism and (the) Mumbai attack but also showed him the way forward ... brushing issues of importance to Pakistan ... under the carpet.

"The irony is that though he might not be able to say it in so many words, this also seems to be our prime minister's lopsided blueprint for peace with India," said Hazir, a freelance columnist.

A day after he took oath as Prime Minister, Modi held bilateral meetings with Sharif and leaders of other Saarc nations and Mauritius who attended his swearing-in ceremony.

Pakistani officials said the Modi-Sharif meeting went off very well.

Hazir said: "Our prime minister's platitudes about peace and cooperation seemed more than a bit out of place in the face of the thorny issues highlighted by the Indian side. Had he been invited to be lectured by the new Prime Minister of India?

"Actually, it was Modi's harsh lecturing of a guest which was in bad taste..."

"The prime minister's desire for friendly ties with India is all very well but it obviously takes two to tango. And anyone following Modi's campaign should have known that he was in no mood to dance."

Modi bullied Sharif over terrorism, showed him the way forward: Pak journalist - The Times of India

It was a warm state dinner. Pakistani army is desperate to see that they will be replaced by sensible civilians in the future who will bring peace to the region.

Then what will hapoen to the big mansions and BMW cars that every general or colonel holds in pakistan?

It was a warm state dinner. Pakistani army is desperate to see that they will be replaced by sensible civilians in the future who will bring peace to the region.

Then what will hapoen to the big mansions and BMW cars that every general or colonel holds in pakistan?

Yeah what will happen to them. Poor Pakistani generals can't do corruption in bofors guns contract or start a LCA Tejas project and drag it to decades to earn some dirty money. They need to kick out these "sensible civilians" and start a war Bharat to get a few BMW's. I fully agree with your completely ch*tya bharati logic.

LOL... that freelancer journalist must have been hiding in a closet in the room Modi and Sharif had their meeting.... :lol:

Yeah what will happen to them. Poor Pakistani generals can't do corruption in bofors guns contract or start a LCA Tejas project and drag it to decades to earn some dirty money. They need to kick out these "sensible civilians" and start a war Bharat to get a few BMW's. I fully agree with your completely ch*tya bharati logic.
Its not military gernal's faults its beaurocracy and political people bofors are done by rajiv Gandhi unlike your country our gernal's don't have authority beyond a point in military deals.we don't care about your internals matters like you guys keen about ours I can Raise many certain points which pinch you but can't certainly on pdf

Wasn't that bad at all...it's just that Nawaz Sharif needs change his facial expression! :dirol:

Its not military gernal's faults its beaurocracy and political people bofors are done by rajiv Gandhi unlike your country our gernal's don't have authority beyond a point in military deals.we don't care about your internals matters like you guys keen about ours I can Raise many certain points which pinch you but can't certainly on pdf

Yeah yeah I know. "Law abiding" Indian generals. :lol:

Its best to not make comments when you are so oblivious to the ground realities in Pakistan. The relevance of the Pakistan Army in Pakistan is the same as that of the Indian Army in India. By that I mean the respective public gives the Army this relevance in the face of the threats faced by the country. Also the Army in Pakistan does not have to come to power to ensure they are taken care of. The threat from India ensures that they are taken care of. Even when there has been a military takeover, it has never been an institutional decision, yet the institution gets behind the senior leadership due to the inherent discipline of the service. So stop believing this oft-repeated Indian propaganda that the Pakistan Army does not want peace. Would you want peace with China if they get to walk away with disputed territory? Secondly, we plan against your capabilities, not against your intentions. Capabilities are a tangible threat to us, and intentions can change any time. As such no Indian leader can tell Pakistan that they have nothing but the best of intentions when two thirds of the Indian military infrastructure, the real capability, is Pakistan specific.

If India wants the Army in Pakistan to support the peace process, then it needs to make significant changes in the capabilities that are arrayed against Pakistan. Once your side does this, the government will make long lasting peace and the Pakistani military will go along with it 110%.

Lastly, what mansions and BMWs are you referring to? I have yet to see a senior officer in the Army driving a Mercedes or a BMW of his own. The cars in use are state vehicles to provide protection to senior military leadership (3 stars and above) in light of attacks against them in the past.

When you write about Pakistan, at least do so with some semblance of awareness. Otherwise your comments are nothing more than trolling.

I think this Pakistani journalist is deliberately rtying to cause trouble. At who's behest ? I don't know. Modi's Tweets and Sharif's response didn't seem like at all that Modi bullied him.

I think this Pakistani journalist is deliberately rtying to cause trouble. At who's behest ? I don't know. Modi's Tweets and Sharif's response didn't seem like at all that Modi bullied him.
Journalist community in Pakistan likes to go with the wind.. at the moment it's blowing against Sharif in Pakistan!

NS got emotional discussing his mother with Modi
NS got emotional while praising Hema Malini
NS was disappointed because he could not meet Amitabh and some other guy

NS is a gem of PM-

Back
Top Bottom