What's new

Modi attacks Pakistan PM for insulting Manmohan

Farah Sohail

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)'s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Sunday hit out at Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for describing his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh as a "dehati aurat" (rural woman).

Calling it "a serious issue", a visibly agitated Modi told the BJP's Vikas Rally in Delhi that Sharif made the remark during a meeting with Indian and Pakistani journalists in New York.

"How dare you say this?" Modi said, raising his voice. "What right you have to say this?"

Modi said that while he was willing to take on Manmohan Singh within the country, he would not tolerate any attack on the Indian prime minister by a foreigner.

"There can never be a greater insult to the Indian PM. There cannot be a greater insult to India," he said of Sharif's reported remark.

And as the crowds roared, Modi added: "We will not tolerate any insult to India."

Modi's comments came hours before Manmohan Singh and Sharif are set to meet on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.

The BJP leader said Sharif's description of Manmohan Singh as a "dehati aurat" had caused him great grief.

He added that the reason Sharif "insulted" Manmohan Singh was because the Indian prime minister was not being respected by his own Congress party.

Source: Modi attacks Pak PM Sharif for insulting Manmohan - thenews.com.pk

Modi Jumping in for some publicity……:lol:
btw till now no such proof is there of any such comment.

This comment by Nawaz Shariff is all over the Pakistani media... You ppl must have missed it...Also I myself heard this statement by Modi also on tv...so both statements are true

we are giving too much credit to Modi

after all he still is a dalit(as per indian friends) and most important a indian and than a hindu

MMS is a dehati aurat & Modi is a hindu OBL... there i insulted everyone now i want my name published in hinduon k newpaper :chilli:

:rofl:

!!!!

Dehati aurat :lol:

You gotta give it to the baldie. He put the man in his place. It's actually pretty fitting for both singh and that victim of rabies (modi)

Back
Top Bottom