What's new

MoD approves Indian Army's demand for 'mini air force'

Oh Gosh what are we trying to do here ? Army is proposing to have a mini air force so in case of conflict with any of the weak neighbour like Bangladesh,Pakistan we need not to engage our actual air force..Our Army will take care of everything.I dont know how realistic is this but seeing the track record of our Army or the war we fought with our weak neighbours I buy their words.

Oh Gosh what are we trying to do here ? Army is proposing to have a mini air force so in case of conflict with any of the weak neighbour like Bangladesh,Pakistan we need not to engage our actual air force..Our Army will take care of everything.I dont know how realistic is this but seeing the track record of our Army or the war we fought with our weak neighbours I buy their words.

Don't let yourself confuse by media terms, because it has nothing to do with replacing the air force, but to optimise IA actions. In this case LCH, Mi 35 and Rudra would support tanks, or ground forces with fire support from the air while rushing forward, with utility helicopters following transporting troops and equipment.

Exercise Sudarshan Shakti:

sudarshan-shakti-071211-05_025254.jpg

22wargame02.jpg

58.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Army needs strike platforms for dedicated CAS, and Anti armor puposes. Apart from that, there is often spats due to transport/training duties where airforce tends to prioritize it's own needs before the army's, Hence Army requests for it's own assets that it can use to it's own discretion.

what your army is capable to do is year long picnic on border while losing nearly 700+ men without even fighting.

which is the best CAS aircraft IA can lay its hands on.

what your army is capable to do is year long picnic on border while losing nearly 700+ men without even fighting.

That should lay to rest all speculations about your nationality and false flagging.

yes its not my army its your army my army is maoist and its followers.

Lol, that's not an army, thats a bunch of thugs with guns. Anyway thats off topic, so I won't comment. I'm content in the knowledge that our khaki wearing state police forces are decimating your so called "army" day by day.

I will Give mixture of Jaguar and Tejas Mk2 to Defensive Corp and nothing less the FGFA or Rafale for Strike Corp....

Btw it looks like India will go for 14 more Apache 64D Longbow....A squad each for each strike corp

It is a mistake to assign these resources to Corps levels rather than driving them down to brigade level and integrating them with brigade command and control structures. Indian Army commanders have in the past performed well at battalion level, reasonably at brigade level, and sometimes at Corps level. However, everything has to start somewhere, and this may be looked upon as a beginning.

It is a mistake to keep to our present triadic stricture, because ultra-conservative risk-averse generals hold back 33% of their available troops, and by the time they are faced with a need to either press home the attack or strengthen the defence, the engagement is interrupted by International intervention. As a result, the IA has typically entered into shallow engagements; there are exceptions that prove the rule.

In the same vein, it would be a terrible error to place strategic or front-level assets with theatre commanders, who need close air support, interception and battlefield interdiction; perhaps a certain amount of interdiction at theatre levels. The Jaguar and Tejas might fit into a brigade level, preferably a division level integration, but putting FGFA or Rafale assets there would be to neutralize their effectiveness by splitting them into penny packets.

Jaguar would indeed be a good asset to the IA and add a Sqdrn of A-10s to it, DAMN!!

A-10s are not sold outside the US. However, A-10ski aircraft are available.

+did anyone else notic the fact that each of the IA commands will also get 5 fixed wing platforms? This is pretty big news in itself!

That is probably on the lines of each FOCinC getting his own little Islander. They LOVED these toys! Nothing serious, just bragging rights at the nineteenth hole.

Good News!!

Army should get access to some fixed wing aircraft's too. I don't know why IAF opposing it, this will reduce the burden to some extent from IAF, although majority of resources will still remain intact with IAF. This is really good news! :tup:

That should lay to rest all speculations about your nationality and false flagging.

Dude, every country has it share of people "who pee in the same plate in which they eat" aka Gaddar/Traitor in English!! ;)

Unfortunately, we have plenty of em in our country and some on this forum too! But this great Land and its people can feed these venomous snake's too, and still nothing will happen to this great nation! These snakes can still live shamelessly in the country which they hate the most!....;)

So,Better Ignore the low life's......:coffee:

The army needs SU 25's or A10's for close air support. About 6 squads would be good.

The Frogfoot, the SU 25. This is cut and pasted from another forum (NOT B-R):

...the Su-25 isn't the soviet couterpart to the A-10; it's more an attack version of the Bae Hawk than the thunderbolt counterpart. The real rival of the A-10 was the IL-102.
[...]
-The Su-25 has a much greater speed than the A-10 due to the use of turbojets instead of turbofans (975 vs 682 km/h)

-The Su-25 can use diesel fuel for its jets

-The frogfoot has an amazing perfomance in muddy unprepaded airstrips

-The smaller size of Su-25 and its greater speed gives it a higher chance to remain undetected by enemy (but in the case of be detected, the A-10 has better chance to survive because of its well separated engines and its IR shielding give)

-Su-25 has a maximum load capacity of 4400 kg vs 7200 of the thunderbolt

-The Su-25 has a maximum range while carrying the maximum combat load plus two drop tanks of 400 nm (750 km) at low level or 675 nm (1250 km) at altitude (vs 2000 km of the A-10)

yes its not my army its your army my army is maoist and its followers.

Lol, that's not an army, thats a bunch of thugs with guns. Anyway thats off topic, so I won't comment. I'm content in the knowledge that our khaki wearing state police forces are decimating your so called "army" day by day.

Dude, every country has it share of people "who pee in the same plate in which they eat" aka Gaddar/Traitor in English!! ;)

Unfortunately, we have plenty of em in our country and some on this forum too! But this great Land and its people can feed these venomous snake's too, and still nothing will happen to this great nation! These snakes can still live shamelessly in the country which they hate the most!....;)

So,Better Ignore the low life's......:coffee:

There is a political issue and a military, doctrinal issue; let us not mingle the two, and let us not attack individuals; their opinions may be criticized.

The problem of the tribals of central India was addresed by the Government of India under the influence of Verrier Elwin, the anthropologist, in a certain manner. however, politics intervened. A study of the history of Bastar will show the full extent of grotesque mistakes made by a ham-handed, bone-headed administration. The present Maoist movement is an amalgamation of several streams, and is not an insurgent problem, any more than the recent Assam riots were a communal problem. It is advisable to study the background very seriously before making comments.

On the side of military doctrine, the "Maoists" are advancing by leaps and bounds. Their military doctrine is classic, guerrilla, light infantry doctrine, and cannot be fought by armed policemen (if at all they can be fought purely by force). On the other hand, their approach says a lot of things to military analysts, which analysts refuse to hear. Their's is a brilliant application of Small is Beautiful principles to integrated war-fighting, and the IAS, the IPS and pols do not have a clue about what to do.

Quite apart from neutralizing them, long overdue, their methods need to be studied. There are more than half a dozen fronts where these can be used.

Along with your husband is a Pakistani? your identity revealed. I having suspicion on your gender also.

Back
Top Bottom