What's new

Mob kills Christian family in Jhelum

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes i feel EmO GiRl is right, when i see these idiots killing in the name of religion :angry:

May Allah have mercy on all of us :cry:

Its a sad incident - strongly condemned by a Muslim

@Zaki

Dear Sir,

I am agnostic, and it doesn't matter which religion I was brought up in. I KNOW EmO GiRl is right. However, your sentiments, your strong condemnation of this barbarous act does you credit. Thank you for speaking up.

Sincerely,

The madness continues & it will continue we have reached a point where there is no turning back, the religious sentiment & superiority syndrome is deeply rooted in this nation, This nation sees each & every issue from a lens of 'conspiracy' & religion.

Down with the idiots who indoctrinated this nation & diverted it from a real path to the delusional path, but hey wait who's living in this world I will live in world here after & earn a place in heaven by killing infidels...

Pakistan Zindabad, God's Own country Destroyed by God's own people...

& BTW this news is fake, Propaganda, Anti-Islam, Islam bashing at its best, there is just no problem at all in this country, Is mulk par kuda ka saya ha yahan to ye kam ho he ni sakta, pagal ha sare go ceekh rahe han, apne haat helana aur sochna band karo bus duaa karo..

Last edited:
Since the authenticity of this story is being contested i would like to chime in.

Firstly, i do know many law enforcement officials, i know a former Sheriff and FBI graduate that compiles hate crime statistic for the FBI, i also know a former Australian police officer, my uncle was also a police officer in Russia.

With that being said a small amount of murders actually make the news, or if they do it's a breif news story, sometimes police officials choose to supress details do to a pending case and as so they tell the media to take a hike.

In short, murders happen on a grand scale, if a story does go to the media it is nothing more then a breif news story or artical, that is if it even makes the news.

If you guys expect to see this on CNN or something then that is just too bad.

Last edited:
Compass Direct is the original news service reporting this. Other blogs cross-posting it does not make it their news. However, CDN is in their own words "dedicated to providing exclusive news ..... of situations and events facing Christians persecuted for their faith".

Please read the following post:-

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...kills-christian-family-jhelum.html#post992564

The exclusive news posted by Compass Direct, how can we check the credibility?
There are news agencies in this world whose reporting is believed to be credible like AFP, Rueter, ABN Newswire, Associated Press etc etc and so most of the other websites repost their news citing them.

Compass Directit has not cited the original source, or the reporter who has reported it, so how can it be a valid source, how can we trace the news back to the original source to see the credibility? how can we find out that this incident has indeed taken place in Pakistan?? which is by the way condemnable if true.

I believe this news is fabricated or prove me wrong.
Dont you think in international forums like defence.pk read by thousands citing Compass Direct is unfair?

Last edited:
There are news agencies in this world whose reporting is believed to be credible like AFP, Rueter, ABN Newswire, Associated Press etc etc and so most of the other websites repost their news citing them.

Compass Directit has not cited the original source, or the reporter who has reported it, so how can it be a valid source, how can we trace the news back to the original source to see the credibility? how can we find out that this incident has indeed taken place in Pakistan?? which is by the way condemnable if true.

Dont you think in international forums like defence.pk read by thousands citing Compass Direct is unfair?

Find out which city this accured in and check records and newspapers; the easiest thing to do is to check and see if the local news stations picked up the story, often times this can be found on a news station's website.

I am pretty much sure if i brought in a news about Chrsitains/Jews/Hindus killing Muslims & insulting Islam you will not care to propagate your 'victimized attitude' whether the link is credible or not...

but hey I beg you to stop it now, how long are you going to deny the occurrence of such events in this country?

Find out which city this accured in and check records and newspapers; the easiest thing to do is to check and see if the local news stations picked up the story, often times this can be found on a news station's website.

nope i cant find any, help me find one :smokin:

Perhaps call the local police.

Not in all cases.

Compass Directit has not cited the original source, or the reporter who has reported it, so how can it be a valid source, how can we trace the news back to the original source to see the credibility?

We can hope for more coverage in this regard from the local media. However I seriously doubt this. Most cases of minority persecution aren't reported by our media.

I believe this news is fabricated or prove me wrong.

The burden of proof lies on you, not me. Prove the news is fabricated.

If you have queries, then direct them to the news agency. I'm sure they'll reply to your questions if you state them properly.

It has been posted by Pak Tea House as well.

Also as Emo rechristened as DarkWave now stated, had this been a story about Muslims being persecuted, even from the vaguest source (let's say a blog), then you would have never questioned the source.

You're assuming that there are local news sources available which there aren't. There are only a limited number of local newspapers (mostly evening tabloids) and they don't have online versions (small news outlets hardly count, however I will try checking them) Jonasad will reject it since he has not seen this news on the mainstream Pakistani media as of now.

This incidents do happen in Pakistan i cannot deny that, i condemn them.
But this particular incident i cant verify to condemn.

Last edited:
We can hope for more coverage in this regard from the local media. However I seriously doubt this. Most cases of minority persecution aren't reported by our media.

if true i really hope so, such incidents should be brought forward and culprits should be punished

Prove news is fabricated. The burden of proof lies on you, not me and if you have queries, then direct thewm to the news agency. I'm sure they'll reply to your questions if you state them properly.

Sir you have posted the news and i am asking for the credibility, dont you think its your responsiblity to cleat the smoke? Not for your sake for Pakistan's sake, dont you think if this news is proved wrong it will be a good sign for Pakistan?

any way i think i have proved it wrong.. not a credible source makes the news fabricated.

It has been posted by Pak Tea House as well.

its a blog, ppl post there not report.

The city of Jhelum has a number of media outlets but it is not in English, perhaps the news station did a story on the matter? Perhaps you can check and tell me.

.:: JhelumNews.com @ The revolution of news

No.1 Internet Portal of Jhelum since 1999 - Now with News in Urdu

Updated:

i have checked there no such news in any local media till now. It is not possible that an incident like this is not mentioned in Pakistani Local Media any where.

or even in Indian Media :partay:

Last edited:
Sir you have posted the news and i am asking for the credibility, dont you think its your responsiblity to cleat the smoke? Not for your sake for Pakistan's sake, dont you think if this news is proved wrong it will be a good sign for Pakistan?

The burden of proof would have been on me had I made any allegations. Since I have cited another source that is legally responsible for itself, I have nothing to answer.

However, I do not think that this one news being fabricated will perhaps change a lot either. Gojra is recent memory. Just yesterday Express Tribune posted a story about a blasphemy case being registered against a Christian, even though the complainant wasn't in the city (commonly done so as to avoid any legal complications since the guy trying to grab land is not part of another legal battle then).

any way i think i have proved it wrong.. not a credible source makes the news fabricated.

No you have not. Your opinion aimed at pacifying yourself and absolving your community (and therefore yourself in a wider sense) does not equate to proof, either legally or philosophically.

its a blog, ppl post there not report.

Yes, it's one of our top blogs and I told that just to pacify your qualms over the "negative portrayal".

The burden of proof would have been on me had I made any allegations. Since I have cited another source that is legally responsible for itself, I have nothing to answer.

However, I do not think that this one news being fabricated will perhaps change a lot either. Gojra is recent memory. Just yesterday Express Tribune posted a story about a blasphemy case being registered against a Christian, even though the complainant wasn't in the city (commonly done so as to avoid any legal complications since the guy trying to grab land is not part of another legal battle then).

No you have not. Your opinion aimed at pacifying yourself and absolving your community (and therefore yourself in a wider sense) does not equate to proof, either legally or philosophically.

Yes, it's one of our top blogs and I told that just to pacify your qualms over the "negative portrayal".

All i can say now is that you have posted a false, fabricated news without checking the credibility and now not taking responsibility for it.

google the news and now defence.pk is the no1 source for this false news.
Thanks to you.

@jonasad:- Since your twisted and flawed arguments are hollow and you're questioning the credibility without providing any evidence on the contrary; I'll ask you for the last time to stop derailing the thread unless you have evidence as to whether this incident did not happen and the story has no grounds. Unless, you can prove that you better keep shut.

I do not take such arguments as personal, and they never should be, but since you have an inherent nature of accusing others when their opinion does not agree with yours, I'll choose stricter words for you next time.

On another note, as I said earlier, the media doesn't report these incidents. Here's one recent example that is currently turning more ugly :-

Pakistan Christian Post

I won't reply further to your off-topic and illogical posts since you never seem to have taken a course in decency and rational debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom