What's new

Mob kills Christian family in Jhelum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This news is not in local news... while a foreigner knows it all! sounds like fabricated.

In past also there had been incidents where foreigners had been staging dramas and fabricating stotries on their short covert trips to Pakistan.

I did not understood the point of highlighted part?

Fanatism is not new in India, Pakistan or BD , be it the Mullahs or Bajrang Dal. They should be dealt with iron hand along with those pigs who try to defend them or try to cover them........

The same beloved democratic legislature in Pakistan is running around & cursing media for trying to expose the frauds committed by the democratic leaders for having fake degress, but they cannot make strict laws against religious intolerance??

Would not the first step along that path be removing the laws that promote religious intolerance? Until blasphemy is not a criminal offence there will always be the excuse for the murder.

That said i dont know what you do for people so lost in hatred and bigotry that they would kill a child for any reason.

Fanatism is not new in India, Pakistan or BD , be it the Mullahs or Bajrang Dal. They should be dealt with iron hand along with those pigs who try to defend them or try to cover them........

Batman ive not seen this incident reported in any pakistani media too makes me wonder why dawn is not reporting it when they are a great supporter of minority rights in pak, sumthing doesent add up.

Hi
so let me get this straight if i say, i supported the actions of taliban i will be labeled as an extremist & banned from this forum but if i say i meant their actions against Soviets so that will be a good thing as it was done at the behest of americans, so one can always manipulate ones statements to deny the essence of their previous words, so let's not go there, you asked who did, i gave you the proof, so that's it.

Irrelevant rant.
Your last para only speaks of the incapacity of the Pakistani government to confront those Mulla's who want to dictate their own code of life to the entire populace of Pakistan, as for riots & protests i think its not something which the government should be intimated by to do what is right........ please prove me if i am wrong but wasn't there a lot of negative public opinion regarding the decision of Pakistani government to side with USA in WOT, Didn't people oppose Red mosque military assault? did this negative public opinion stop the government from doing so?

Opposition to the WoT and opposition to legislative and constitutional changes when it comes to officiated religious persecution are entirely different and generate different response. Additionally, participation in the WoT was a gradual action (troop movements into different areas at different times) and in no way can be compared to legislative and constitutional amendment that seeks to alter the balance of religious power in the country.

Had there been an assertive opinion towards challenging Ordinance XX, then either Article 20 would have been deemed unconstitutional or the Ordinance since one guarantees and protects the right to proclaim, profess and spread religion whilst the other bans it for a certain group hence a direct contradiction. Since the judiciary could not in any possible way declared Ordinance XX to be unconstitutional since there is massive support for it, and it could not in any possible way declared the constitutional fundamental right of freedom of religion to be wrong, it chose to justify the acts of legislation passedd on teh basis of ill-worded defenses adopted by our legislature during the 2nd amendment. Therefore there exists an inherent contradiction about the freedom religion in our country.

So you are admitting on your own that its the people themselves who are corrupted from the very base to the highest echelons of legislation in Pakistan, every action represents personal interests.
How the heck did you make this out? Not having the political capital does not mean that I'm stating that moral corruption is present. Although I would not disagree with this is many scenarios but this is certainly not what I stated. Being politically incapable of doing something means that there is public pressure and assertive groups that do not let such a change take place. The assertive groups in our case our the religious political parties and other non-political religious groups like the Tableeghi Jamaat, etc who would not allow revoking the 2nd amendment or the Ordinance XX.

My apologies if you were offended by the term "inferiority complex" but it was in no way meant to be offensive but rather the necessary word required when it comes to expressing the reactions from people who find it necessary to reply with religious texts when it has been proven day after day on this forum that religion does not justify or promote persecution of other religions or communities.

Would not the first step along that path be removing the laws that promote religious intolerance? Until blasphemy is not a criminal offence there will always be the excuse for the murder.

That said i dont know what you do for people so lost in hatred and bigotry that they would kill a child for any reason.
Please tell me whose responsibility it is to make sure that justice is served & people don't take law into their own hands? when you will try to understand the situation from my perspective you will understand my point as well. i am not going to quote how Islam strictly confronts the killing of children, women during war times as i am aware that examples will fall on deaf ears. But in a word Pakistan doesn't have anarchy & has a functional democratic government, it is their responsibility to make sure that rights of minorities are protected, there is no party or faction stronger than the government, so if incidents like that happen its their responsibility we dont pay millions of taxes just because they can lead lavish life styles only.

Batman ive not seen this incident reported in any pakistani media too makes me wonder why dawn is not reporting it when they are a great supporter of minority rights in pak, sumthing doesent add up.
Pakistan media is very free... and again you can verify it over simple web search.
there is no reason that a smallest crime in Pakistan fail to reach media.
Pakistan is a small country and media is present even in remotest places.
Point is this is a FABRICATED news.... and discussing it any further is waste.
I hope you understand my English.... where are you posted in UK?

Please tell me whose responsibility it is to make sure that justice is served & people don't take law into their own hands? when you will try to understand the situation from my perspective you will understand my point as well. i am not going to quote how Islam strictly confronts the killing of children, women during war times as i am aware that examples will fall on deaf ears. But in a word Pakistan doesn't have anarchy & has a functional democratic government, it is their responsibility to make sure that rights of minorities are protected, there is no party or faction stronger than the government, so if incidents like that happen its their responsibility we dont pay millions of taxes just because they can lead lavish life styles only.

It is your fundamental duty to come out and organize protest against such bigotry and express through the media and public demonstrations the necessary opinion that minority rights be protected. Public policy in this regard is directly expressive of public opinion and there exists no disconnect between the state and the people on this issue.

A Religion can not be blamed for isolated acts of few hardliners who misinterprete the teaching of their Prophets. Similarly some instances to inefficiency by the lawmakers should not be used to blame the whole democratic process. You can not shove democracy in a society. You need to wait for the time when people become mature to make a democracy successful. Unfortunately, democratic governments in the sub-continent often hesitate to take on the hardliners face to face as it often lead to more chaos. In our capacity, we just can do our best to spread value of tolerance and democratic rights.......hope in coming days we can strenthen the hand of the democracy so that it can take on those Mullahs or Bajrangis straight on....

Some one must be punished for glorfying a FABRICATED news.

It is your fundamental duty to come out and organize protest against such bigotry and express through the media and public demonstrations the necessary opinion that minority rights be protected. Public policy in this regard is directly expressive of public opinion and there exists no disconnect between the state and the people on this issue.
It is also my fundamental duty to protect the honor of my religion just because some neo-liberals have a way with confronting religion by conveniently ignoring the ground realities.
i agree that the pakistani public isn't very active in raising voice for the rights of minorities but this also proves that such public isn't even following the Islamic code of conduct, again Government can do what ever it likes so can the judiciary they can bend & twist rules whenever they want, so the talk about political pressure seems highly insignificant, i have almost covered every aspect of what i thought was necessary to view this situation from a neutral perspective not only i condemned those criminals but i also advocated harsh punishment for them, i strongly emphasized on a point to protect the rights of minorities, but the fact is i dont have sufficient resources of my own to ensure their safety its the Government who is the sole guardian of their rights. enough has been said so you can feel free to disagree, but i wont be commenting anymore on this thread, Thanks for reading my comments

Pakistan media is very free... and again you can verify it over simple web search.
there is no reason that a smallest crime in Pakistan fail to reach media.
Pakistan is a small country and media is present even in remotest places.
Point is this is a FABRICATED news.... and discussing it any further is waste.
I hope you understand my English.... where are you posted in UK?

im born in london brother and yes i agree that this story is not accurate why else no other pakistani media reporting it?

Please tell me whose responsibility it is to make sure that justice is served & people don't take law into their own hands? when you will try to understand the situation from my perspective you will understand my point as well. i am not going to quote how Islam strictly confronts the killing of children, women during war times as i am aware that examples will fall on deaf ears.
But in a word Pakistan doesn't have anarchy & has a functional democratic government, it is their responsibility to make sure that rights of minorities are protected, there is no party or faction stronger than the government, so if incidents like that happen its their responsibility we dont pay millions of taxes just because they can lead lavish life styles only.

I think i do understand the situation from your perspective, those verses do not fall on deaf ears i know the quotes from the Quran and Hadith that prohibit harming of the innocent.
I agree that the goverment is responsible for changes to the law that is why I stated that the first step is removal of the excuse of the blasphemy law.
However we cannot just say, " its the goverments problem" and ignore it. It is not some one elses problem it is everyones. All evil needs to thrive is for good men to do nothhing.
The one line that comes up each time such a case ocours is"we were to afraid to do any thing because of the mob" perhaps if one man had the faith and courage to stand up for the inocent a tragedy could have been averted.
We cannot be responisble for the goverment or for others but we can try and make a difference ourselves.

If this is a fake story the culprit(s) who made this sick lie must serve jail time or perhaps a metal institution where electro shock treatment can be dished out.

Just because 1 ignorant dumb Mullah and his ignorant followers commited this barbaric hatre crime and you blame the whole religion and every Muslim? proves your ignorance!

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

so then don't blame the religion, blame the followers!

Religion by itself is never a problem, but one has to understand that all religions practice is managed by humans, and it is fact that most of the time those people who interpret the religion do error in their interpretation.

Now having said that my interaction with people from Pakistan gave me this feeling that baring few mature one a large majority of population of Pakistan does not feel that other religion are at par with Islam.

About my thought, I take religion as guidance but I use my brain on what to follow and what not to follow. The majority of so called religious people does not use brain at all, this is my personal opinion, the more illiterate you are, the more religious you will be.

I see only one way to overcome this problem,

Teach children when they are in school that all religion are equal, All the minority in the country are as loved as majority by almighty God. Different religion are just different path to get to the God. If you teach basic good to the children while they are in school then that is the only way to expect that atleast new generation will not become dumbass-naroow minded religious scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom