What's new

MKI on the highway !

None said anything about mimicker etc at all but the Irony is, when IAF only touch down the motorway, many trolls forget their approach about PAF successful exercise with fully landing and turn around. You can share with us such kind of exercises being carried by IAF through any Aircraft but we feel proud to lead the way and being one of the very few Air-forces in the world, in this department.
PAF is a professional airforce, the same as the IAF and each have their own doctrines (Although there may be some overlap here and there).
Nonetheless, it is very cool to see three Su30 MKI's weighing almost as much as a loaded Railway Bogie land on road at over 200Km/H.

I think they chose touch and go because of all the FOD and dust as it is an active construction zone.

Any sane human being will know that PAF can't do anything if it were to go to war with iaf.
Every insane person claims he is sane. You just embodied it.
Here, have a ladoo variety called thread ban for posting too much stupid.

Good job on the touch and go of a huge fighter. Hopefully one day you guys can make it stop, turn it around within 10 minutes; and get it up in the air again. All this while making sure the place is squeaky clean as the AL-31 is overly sensitive to FoD and you dont want to end up having to keep an aircraft on a highway while the spare engine is shipped from Russia.

There is no need or precedent for the IAF to operate from the Highway as it has more than enough FoBs to disperse its assets.

I think they chose touch and go because of all the FOD and dust as it is an active construction zone.
Active construction is irrelevant. What matters is the condition of the highway and surroundings. That MKI went through extra inspection of its intake and engine when it got back with all that dust blowing on it.

Either way, it is an exercise in futility and more of a "I can do it too". India has no need for highway bases. Period.

@Oscar what's with censorship?
Pointless ranting requires it. The troll posts have been cleaned. If you cannot stick to the GHQ for complaints, you will not have space here for any further posts.

All this while making sure the place is squeaky clean as the AL-31 is overly sensitive to FoD and you dont want to end up having to keep an aircraft on a highway while the spare engine is shipped from Russia.
Bismillah ir Rahman ar Raheem

Ironic considering all the Foreign Object Damage prevention techniques & technologies,and quick non-depot level engine maintenance (read: cannibalization) the Soviet Union has championed since World War II.

Hifz u kum Allah

I think it was Year 2000 that PAF landed C-130 on M2 motorway but missing the picture.

Was this it (seems fake):
C-130.jpg

EDIT: That was from Penguin's post (surroundings looked European), I found out:
https://defence.pk/threads/mirage-l...did-it-much-before.377111/page-2#post-7188955

Interestingly, it is not the aircraft's weight, but its tire pressure (weight spread over all wheels) and the downward velocity vector (sink rate) that is most relevant.

Hifz u kum Allah

Last edited:
It's not fake. It's also from Germany, not Pakistan.

Thanks for the video. I was confused by the still pictures which seemed to suggest the road curving away to the right and a huge median on the highway. The video clears it up.

The image was thrown up by Google for PAF C-130 on the motorway, but the road definitely looked Northern European to me.

Regards

Ironic considering all the Foreign Object Damage prevention techniques & technologies,and quick non-depot level engine maintenance (read: cannibalization) the Soviet Union has championed since World War II.

Hifz u kum Allah
It is, considering the Mig-29 had those intake doors and auz intake on top and the Su-27 had the mesh screen to keeep FoD out. However, it also has to do with a mix of QA and manufacturing sophistication. The PW-100 is actually very FoD resistant considering the stigma one gets with sophisticated US equipment. It can sustain modular damage all the way before it finally breaks down. It takes a massive hit like a bird or a fan blade at the core and still can keep going with graceful degradation.
Exceptions do exist, such as certain F-16s techs using Mirage screws that lead to a loss of a $25 million aircraft.

you dont want to end up having to keep an aircraft on a highway while the spare engine is shipped from Russia.
No need to ship it from Russia, I think.
IIRC, HAL Koraput manufactures the AL31 FP from raw material phase.
Plus the 1000 engine order might have come online so spares might be easily available.

The 302-km-long six-lane expressway, which is India's longest, is expected to considerably reduce the travel time between Lucknow and Delhi which usually takes 12 to 14 hours.

12 to 14 hours for 302 Km? What was up with that?

No need to ship it from Russia, I think.
IIRC, HAL Koraput manufactures the AL31 FP from raw material phase.
Plus the 1000 engine order might have come online so spares might be easily available.

these highways are no alternative to airbases , they are just optional in case of emergency..

Back
Top Bottom