What's new

MKI on the highway !

Even China does not have the air power yet to go deep.into India.

Not to be off-topic but just to remind you, that you may google further your knowledge, remember JH-7A flew for hours in Indian Airspace.

The doctrine and tactics you read on Defence.pk and google are for public Info and there are further things/surprises once the time came however, keep believing in it as that is what we would love to see. Short legged Ariforce doesn't mean that deep strike cannot be conducted as there are other means of hitting.

On topic: There was no turn around and landing except touch down and the Idea came after PAF did it again and has been doing since long that world sees the same hence India felt necessity to demonstrate a bit of that to the public, landing on motorway/highway which was totally useless for them until PAF was doing so.

What's the big deal landing on road or not.

It means nothing

Paf lacks strategic depth and it's bass would be severely damaged by Indian military they need to plan for such llikeky events

Likely events???? so IAF is aware of retaliation for the same kind of event as well hence preparing for the worst on a specific motorway/highway.

No big deal for the one who can't do it but at-least tried. Ask IAF that there is no big deal doing such except that no plane landed as "the wheel would be damaged" says Indian Officer not my words.

Not to be off-topic but just to remind you, that you may google further your knowledge, remember JH-7A flew for hours in Indian Airspace.
Unconfirmed BS.
The MoD has not confirmed anything of that nature.
But remember that there are no physical man made demarcations along the Indo-China Border and transgressions from either side (Army or Air Force) can occur.

On topic: There was no turn around and landing except touch down and the Idea came after PAF did it again and has been doing since long that world sees the same hence India felt necessity to demonstrate a bit of that to the public, landing on motorway/highway which was totally useless for them until PAF was doing so.
LMAO!
PAF was not the first in the world to demonstrate Public Road Landings/Takeoffs.
IAF continually updates their operational requirements based on evolving threat perceptions.
And this move was one such reaction.

Ask IAF that there is no big deal doing such except that no plane landed as "the wheel would be damaged" says Indian Officer not my words.
~10 Ton Fighter
23hsxmv.jpg

~20 Ton Air Superiority fighter
nmxdnt.jpg

Now these are the precursor to an actual landing on the Expressway.
Either NDTV pulled that comment right from their backsides and attributed it to an Unnamed IAF Officer or they misquoted him outright.
Indian Pilots have demonstrated far more difficult landings and take-offs from on board Aircraft carriers (flying 30 Year old single engined Harriers)... and night operations on board Aircraft Carriers are the most difficult task, a fighter pilot can experience.

Last edited:
LMAO!
PAF was not the first in the world to demonstrate Public Road Landings/Takeoffs.
IAF continually updates their operational requirements based on evolving threat perceptions.
And this move was one such reaction.

did I say PAF was the first one, NO but the way Indian Keyboard Air-Marshals were taking PAF landing at Motorway, seems like India got the idea of operational readiness. A quick question, since when IAF has been practicing landing on Motorways?

Unconfirmed BS.
The MoD has not confirmed anything of that nature.
But remember that there are no physical man made demarcations along the Indo-China Border and transgressions from either side (Army or Air Force) can occur.

Maybe, your countryman (with different flags) in subject quote need to understand regarding deep strike means that are not bound to Airforce alone. He was challenging about Chinese capablity for deep strike, I mean, don't know what he is up-to?

According to the documents accessed by TIMES NOW, the jet flew over the border for nearly 101 minutes and the “violation” happened on February 29.

The JH-7 bomber jet is used to carry out ground attack.

Now these are the precursor to an actual landing on the Expressway.
Either NDTV pulled that comment right from their backsides and attributed it to an Unnamed IAF Officer or they misquoted him outright.
Indian Pilots have demonstrated far more difficult landings and take-offs from on board Aircraft carriers (flying 30 Year old single engined Harriers)... and night operations on board Aircraft Carriers are the most difficult task, a fighter pilot can experience.

Aircraft carrier is not the subject here but the motorway, Pics shows touchdown only (Nose up mostly) so can you share landing videos etc... I will be waiting to view those and thanks in advance.

did I say PAF was the first one, NO but the way Indian Keyboard Air-Marshals were taking PAF landing at Motorway, seems like India got the idea of operational readiness. A quick question, since when IAF has been practicing landing on Motorways?

Maybe, your countryman (with different flags) in subject quote need to understand regarding deep strike means that are not bound to Airforce alone. He was challenging about Chinese capablity for deep strike, I mean, don't know what he is up-to?

According to the documents accessed by TIMES NOW, the jet flew over the border for nearly 101 minutes and the “violation” happened on February 29.

The JH-7 bomber jet is used to carry out ground attack.

Aircraft carrier is not the subject here but the motorway, Pics shows touchdown only (Nose up mostly) so can you share landing videos etc... I will be waiting to view those and thanks in advance.

i mean what is the point in taking this disscussion to this level , ....reaction is like mki has touch the moon....

i mean what is the point in taking this disscussion to this level , ....reaction is like mki has touch the moon....

There is no such reaction, may be you observed in that way. Just needed to see either the MKI landed or not, as being such heavy machine though not questioning "touching the moon thing" at all.

The 165.53km expressway project is a six-lane motorway, having a potential to be extended to eight lanes. The expressway is a dual carriageway with three lanes, 3.75m wide in both directions, with the potential to expand to four lanes.

The expressway includes a right-of-way strip of 100m. The pavement is of rigid concrete, instead of regular bitumen pavement - the only other concrete-paved motorway in India is the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

The other allied structures of the project include six interchanges, seven toll plazas on the interchange loops and five main toll plazas. In addition to manual toll collection, the company also plans to use automated toll facilities with electronic tags installed in the user vehicles. It has 76 cart track underpasses/crossings and a major bridge and one rail-over-bridge. The project included the construction of 41 minor bridges and 183 culverts. A total of 13 service roads of about 168km were built for local commuters.

The expressway also has facilities such as rest areas with parking and shelters, motels and restaurants, fuel stations, automobile repair shops, pay phones, public conveniences and cold drinks kiosks along the route. It features landscaping and plantations for aesthetic design and safety.

Salient Features of Yamuna Expressway

Design speed - 120 kms per hour

DASSAULT MIRAGE IIIEBR
Landing speed 157 knots (290 km/h; 180 mph)

There is no such reaction, may be you observed in that way. Just needed to see either the MKI landed or not, as being such heavy machine though not questioning "touching the moon thing" at all.

just look at the pic....
such a wide road....what is the issue with you.

even a boeing airliner can land there if wish to..

A quick question, since when IAF has been practicing landing on Motorways?
Going by the news, it must be recent.
But I will not be surprised if it was done earlier but not under media glare.

I don't know whether he's my countryman or not but he mentioned that PLAAF currently may not have deep strike capabilities and I cannot comment on it as I am not very well versed with PLAAF capabilities.
But one thing is for sure, The massive barrier that separates our two nations, The Himalayas will not make it easy for any crossover (from either side).
China and India are relatively equally matched in airpower (For an Indian defense/PLAAF offense scenario) and India has a dense AD environment(growing denser).

The videos may be available in the near future.
The Aircraft Carrier ops was brought in to give you a rough reference because you seemed to imply that this was some sort of a "Holy Grail" event that the PAF lead the way in.

Going by the news, it must be recent.
But I will not be surprised if it was done earlier but not under media glare.

This is where the PAF leads in this field so now you will understand the quote more clearly.

I don't know whether he's my countryman or not but he mentioned that PLAAF currently may not have deep strike capabilities and I cannot comment on it as I am not very well versed with PLAAF capabilities.
But one thing is for sure, The massive barrier that separates our two nations, The Himalayas will not make it easy for any crossover (from either side).
China and India are relatively equally matched in airpower (For an Indian defense/PLAAF offense scenario) and India has a dense AD environment(growing denser).

Therefore, you shouldn't have quoted my post to reply me as it was an educational throw to that false flag member, him being posting without any clue.

Yes, you wouldn't have any idea about PLAAF (a fair statement) hence I gave him a hint that he may google and read more about the capabilities of the China in this regard that he was totally dragging irrelevant subject into this thread.

The videos may be available in the near future.
The Aircraft Carrier ops was brought in to give you a rough reference because you seemed to imply that this was some sort of a "Holy Grail" event that the PAF lead the way in.

Every new thing learnt and executed in forces, is indeed a pride that shows the readiness and experience for the time as such even came. PAF doing so is not holy grail for India, that I can see but when a little of the same is done by IAF, check the reactions of Indian posters which warrants a reminder for them to remember PAF threads and their unethical attitude as well.

TBH, I did not quote in my first post.

In a first for any road launch, six fighter jets of the IAF on Monday made a touchdown barely skimming the road before taking off to mark the opening of the Agra-Lucknow Expressway which can be also used for war-like emergency situations.

IAF's fighter jet touches down during the grand opening of Agra-Lucknow expressway on Monday. (Source: PTI Photo)

simi-2pti11_21_2016_000252b_kuma.jpg

The 302-km-long six-lane expressway, which is India's longest, is expected to considerably reduce the travel time between Lucknow and Delhi which usually takes 12 to 14 hours.
IAF's plane down during the grand opening of Agra-Lucknow expressway on Monday. (Source: PTI Photo)
simi-2pti11_21_2016_000255b_kuma.jpg

The dream project of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was inaugurated in Bangarmau by his father and SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on the eve of latter's birthday.
(Source: PTI Photo)
simi-2pti11_21_2016_000251a_kuma.jpg

Three Mirage 2000 and three Sukhoi-30 jets of the Indian Air Force(IAF) carried out the 'touch and go' on a portion of the newly constructed Expressway which has an RCC construction and reinforced and appropriately marked to facilitate aircraft landings. The portion used for the operations is located at Ganj Moradabad in Unnao District in UP.
(Source: AP Photo)
simi-2india-air-force_kuma.jpg

The aim of the exercise is to check feasibility of Expressways being used as alternate airstrips in case of dire emergencies or non-availability of runways for any reason, a Defence official said.
(Source: AP Photo)
simi-2india-air-force_kuma-1.jpg

"At the time of laying of foundation stone of the Expressway, I had asked as to when it will be completed and when four years were asked for its completion I had refused to lay the foundation stone. Later, however, it was done giving 22 months for completing it. The result is before everyone to see that today the road is ready in two years," SP chief said. "Earlier, it used to take 12 to 14 hours to reach Delhi and now the distance will be covered in far less time. It will be very beneficial for the people," he said. (Source: PTI Photo)
simi-2pti11_21_2016_000254a_kuma.jpg

^^Thanks for these incredible pictures!
I do wish IAF had tried this with Upgraded Mirages(the grey nose looks better, IMO) and the ugly upg MiG29s
:D
This is where the PAF leads in this field so now you will understand the quote more clearly.
Not really, I still don't get how IAF mimicked the PAF by doing this.
IAF have dedicated Ground Attack aircraft like the Jaguar that are just incredible on rough terrain landing and I would not be surprised if they have tried such landings/take offs in the past.

Last edited:
Akhilesh said the project would prove to be an example before the country as no other state had such a vast expressway. "Samajwadis will go to the polls on the back of such great work," he stressed.(Source: AP Photo)
simi-2india-air-force_kuma-2.jpg

"When roads are laid they lead to development...this road will connect capitals like New Delhi to Lucknow...it will have industries, petrol pumps and mandis along the route...on returning to power in UP, the SP government will take this expressway further till Ghazipur and Ballia in record time... it will connect one end of the state to the other," he said. Thanking IAF officials, Akhilesh said this is the first road in the country on which any aircraft can land and take off.
IAF's Sukhoi planes making flyby manoeuver in the sky during the grand opening of Agra-Lucknow expressway on Monday. (Source: PTI Photo )
simi-2pti11_21_2016_000253b_kuma.jpg

Not really, I still don't get how IAF mimicked the PAF by doing this.
IAF have dedicated Ground Attack aircraft like the Jaguar that are just incredible on rough terrain landing and I would not be surprised if they have tried such landings/take offs in the past.

None said anything about mimicker etc at all but the Irony is, when IAF only touch down the motorway, many trolls forget their approach about PAF successful exercise with fully landing and turn around. You can share with us such kind of exercises being carried by IAF through any Aircraft but we feel proud to lead the way and being one of the very few Air-forces in the world, in this department.

None said anything about mimicker etc at all but the Irony is, when IAF only touch down the motorway, many trolls forget their approach about PAF successful exercise with fully landing and turn around. You can share with us such kind of exercises being carried by IAF through any Aircraft but we feel proud to lead the way and being one of the very few Air-forces in the world, in this department.
do you have pics of the pakistani c130 on the motorway? i cant find them. or maybe @Windjammer can be of assistance

Back
Top Bottom