What's new

Misrepresenting one's nationality - a clarification on forum rules

Stag112

Reaction score
Country
India
Dear Mods,

I understand it is against forum rules to misrepresent one's nationality on the forum. The reasons are obvious, the most compelling being it is impossible to have an honest discussion if one is pretending to be someone one is not and hiding their allegiance and motives.

However I have come across a peculiar case on the forum, and when I say peculiar I mean its batshyte baffling.

A TT, while correctly wearing his flags, posts as if he is Indian and pretends to speak for Indians. As weird as this sounds, its very frustrating and makes it impossible to really have any conversation as he just keeps going on insane verbal tirades on all kinds of threads pretending to be an Indian (specifically an Indian muslim victim of untold misery).

There are many such posts, one example is below.

I need to know if this fits into forum rules and I can start pretending to be a Pakistani (or a Pakistani Hindu) and go on a victimhood tirade, no matter what the topic. An explanation would be deeply appreciated.

Banning something is a clear and adamant attack on the human rights of a person-his right to eat beef as he pleases. It is Hindutva, anti Islamic India which does this in a muslim majority region like kashmir where hindu laws are being imposed. We muslims will eat beef and cut up the cow regardless-your hindutva rules don't even matter in our neighborhood and we will continue supporting Pakistan too. That is our choice and we reserve it. There is nothing you can do about this. An evil law be it beef ban or framing of our people as terrorists we will continue to fight against the evil anti Islamic laws India imposes over us.
A truly secular society does not ban a product specially when 20% of its population actually eats it. Also if beef is banned where is the muslim right to have beef banned and sikh right to have smoking banned. India will never do this because it is a country dominated by Hindutvas.

India’s food industry to be worth $65 billion by 2018, report says

Where he is pretending to be Indian, you are dumb enough to misunderstand. Even you posted this thread on wrong section. Go to GHQ and launch your smear campaign.

Last edited:
Dear Mods,

I understand it is against forum rules to misrepresent one's nationality on the forum. The reasons are obvious, the most compelling being it is impossible to have an honest discussion if one is pretending to be someone one is not and hiding their allegiance and motives.

However I have come across a peculiar case on the forum, and when I say peculiar I mean its batshyte baffling.

A TT, while correctly wearing his flags, posts as if he is Indian and pretends to speak for Indians. As weird as this sounds, its very frustrating and makes it impossible to really have any conversation as he just keeps going on insane verbal tirades on all kinds of threads pretending to be an Indian (specifically an Indian muslim victim of untold misery).

There are many such posts, one example is below.

I need to know if this fits into forum rules and I can start pretending to be a Pakistani (or a Pakistani Hindu) and go on a victimhood tirade, no matter what the topic. An explanation would be deeply appreciated.

India’s food industry to be worth $65 billion by 2018, report says
Wrong section, refer to GHQ if you have a complain regarding a Title holder. This thread will only invite more trolls, it's best to post such threads in GHQ.

I have said before I am happy to be Pakistani and call myself that but my ethnic group is Lucknowi. I have explained my position on this several times. It is the Indians who cannot understand the ethnic make up of Pakistan. My views on ethnic identity have been explained briefly-I will explain them again.

The word muhajir is a contraption. It was not what (the name) Jinnah intended for migrants who came to newly formed Pakistan controlled territory and it was also a poor term for us because it meant religious nomad. We are settled in cities and are still willing to call ourselves nomads? Then the word urdu speaker did not represent us either-why because there were madrasi malyali, Gujrati Telugu and Tamil speakers among us. What is the solution?

Our real identity can be 3 things. One it can be that we merge as Pashtuns/Sindhis/Baloch/Punjabis. The other option is to reclaim our original identity. That identity is Lucknowi, Madrasi, Dehlvi, Deccan or others. The third is trying to do both.

If some Indians do not understand our loyalty to our motherland which is Lucknow and should have gone to Pakistan this is their problem. I will continue vouching for the merger of Lucknowi territory with Pakistan. As this is a free forum I know I have the freedom to vouch for that. Thanks for your concern.

I have said before I am happy to be Pakistani and call myself that but my ethnic group is Lucknowi. I have explained my position on this several times. It is the Indians who cannot understand the ethnic make up of Pakistan. My views on ethnic identity have been explained briefly-I will explain them again.

The word muhajir is a contraption. It was not what (the name) Jinnah intended for migrants who came to newly formed Pakistan controlled territory and it was also a poor term for us because it meant religious nomad. We are settled in cities and are still willing to call ourselves nomads? Then the word urdu speaker did not represent us either-why because there were madrasi malyali, Gujrati Telugu and Tamil speakers among us. What is the solution?

Our real identity can be 3 things. One it can be that we merge as Pashtuns/Sindhis/Baloch/Punjabis. The other option is to reclaim our original identity. That identity is Lucknowi, Madrasi, Dehlvi, Deccan or others. The third is trying to do both.

If some Indians do not understand our loyalty to our motherland which is Lucknow and should have gone to Pakistan this is their problem. I will continue vouching for the merger of Lucknowi territory with Pakistan. As this is a free forum I know I have the freedom to vouch for that. Thanks for your concern.

While you do have the freedom to endorse anything, certain level of grounding and sync with reality is also a welcome in quality in a post-holder. When someone goes on espousing craziness backed by neither history nor geography and politics I am afraid it lowers the dignity of the badge within the forum you hold. All said with due respect of-course.

Regards

Last edited:
Wait and watch what happens with this thread.

And ignore what happened to the Indian food industry thread?

Please get over your bias. This is a very valid query on rules. Can I post as a Pakistani Hindu on a blasphemy law thread??? A YES or NO would be cool.

Please get over your bias. This is a very valid query on rules.
There is a reason for the existence of 'GHQ'. I am not being biased, i am only stating the obvious-just wait and watch. Only reason i can think of posting here is to get sympathy and support from fellow country-men. Have a nice day.

While you do have the freedom to endorse anything, certain level of grounding and sync with reality is also a welcome in quality in a post-holder. When someone goes on espousing craziness backed by neither history nor geography and nor politics I am afraid it lowers the dignity of the badge within the forum you hold. All said with due respect of-course.

Regards
In short you want me to stop criticizing India for its policies against Lucknowites and the aspirations of many people in the region? I think that is against basic freedom of speech on the forum. There seems to be some sort of dis-satisfaction over the fact that any Pakistani comments on the affairs of India or vice versa. I think that is wrong. A person should be free to voice his opinions and I also speak for my cousins and family members left in Lucknow.

And ignore what happened to the Indian food industry thread?

Please get over your bias. This is a very valid query on rules. Can I post as a Pakistani Hindu on a blasphemy law thread??? A YES or NO would be cool.
If you are a hindu from Pakistan there is no problem whatsoever posting as a Hindu from Sindh. @Dalit does it already and @Pakistani Exile speaks as an Ahmedi. They can be critical of the basic policies implemented by my country at any time and I would like, no ensure no action is taken against them unless they pass the parameters set by the forum You can't direct what people say and feel on a forum. lol.

There is a reason for the existence of 'GHQ'. I am not being biased, i am only stating the obvious-just wait and watch. Only reason i can think of posting here is to get sympathy and support from fellow country-men. Have a nice day.

I sought a clarification on forum rules.

Instead of responding on the query, you are more concerned with my ulterior motives.

Surely you are not biased.

If you are a hindu from Pakistan there is no problem whatsoever posting as a Hindu from Sindh. @Dalit does it already and @Pakistani Exile speaks as an Ahmedi. They can be critical of the basic policies implemented by my country at any time and I would like, no ensure no action is taken against them unless they pass the parameters set by the forum You can't direct what people say and feel on a forum. lol.

Is this twilight zone? They are Pakistanis and hence post as Pakistanis. There is no confusion with THAT rule in my head, not the case with everyone though.

Stag112
is a troll poster, kindly not respond to him and the thread will die as it started.

Stag112
is a troll poster, kindly not respond to him and the thread will die as it started.
He is one of those Hindutvas who are constantly trying to impose their ideals and beliefs onto others. Who are you to question how a person acts on a forum. This is one thing about Indians-wherever they go they want full control over the running of the affairs of the community. Now he is going to tell me who lived in Lucknow for a few years how I should behave.

Back
Top Bottom