What's new

Misrepresenting one's nationality - a clarification on forum rules

I never claimed to be an Indian. I advocate the areas of Lucknow/Awadh to go to Pakistan. I am not impersonating anyone. The term is being used in the wrong context. Ethnically I am a Lucknowi. Thats my ethnic identity. @WAJsal I should get the opportunity to defend myself here, no offense.
Sir, he has asked mods for it, correct indirectly asking you...Seems like you have fell for it.
regards

Bro Wajsal I am open to criticism as criticism is a way to better yourself.. Do tell me how I am wrong in a PM if you wish.
Not wrong as long as this is concerned:
. I advocate the areas of Lucknow/Awadh to go to Pakistan.
You can have an opinion, but you cannot speak from an Indian-Muslim POV..welcome to share an opinion..

There's a difference between being an Indian and pretending to be a retired State Department Official or a radical Pakistani mullah and what haviZultan is doing. Quit your randi rona.

Upbringing.

Anyway. Since pakistanis can not post without getting abusive, let me still respond. So a hindu indian sindhi or punjabi whose forefathers came from pakistan can speak as if they are pakistani on the forum? You have already said yes. Lets see what mods have to say.

@waz @Slav Defence

And I bought a shiny new 100K + USD car last month.

And you are complaining on an online forum against a user you hardly know or have ever met, get a life man go drive and enjoy that USD 100K car before it becomes obsolete and you have to spend another USD 1000K to stay relevant. A person of your stature and wealth is concerned about these petty matters? WTF :D

This is my dream but I cannot afford this b*tch :(

2017-Land-Rover-Defender-Review.jpg

I have this one worth 101K $
toy-car.jpg

Last edited:
And you are complaining on an online forum against a user you hardly know or have ever met, get a life man go drive and enjoy that USD 100K car before it becomes obsolete and you have to spend another USD 1000K to stay relevant. A person of your stature and wealth is concerned about these petty matters? WTF :D

This is my dream but I cannot afford this b*tch :(

2017-Land-Rover-Defender-Review.jpg

I know I should not have said that abt the car. But it was ur friend who kept telling me how "real world" will treat me badly etc etc. I was seeking clarification on a forum rule. May be you should tell him not to worry about a person he has never met or knows.

I hope you buy your dream car soon. But not that color pls. You might get bored with that. Or may be not. Wife has a red convertible mini cooper sport. And she hasnt got bored with it.

a thread about pakistan man from lucknow. he's very funny. when i started here i believe that lucknow is somewhere in pakistan. then i check map and see he is mad. he as mad as that indian who want free stuff with no work 2 show 4 it :lol:

But how would you even verify the nationality of somebody without intruding upon their privacy?

But how would you even verify the nationality of somebody without intruding upon their privacy?
You cannot. That is why there should be only one flag: That of your country of allegiance.

For example...If you are a US citizen but cheers for China, then post the Chinese flag as your country of ideological, political, psychological, and emotional allegiance.

For example...If you are a US citizen but cheers for China, then post the Chinese flag as your country of ideological, political, psychological, and emotional allegiance.
:D

You cannot. That is why there should be only one flag: That of your country of allegiance.

Excuse me, but the forum clearly asks you to list

1) Your heritage (or something like that)
2) The country you reside in

Using your example, a Chinese-American is not representative for China, and should not act like they are speaking on behalf of the people of China. They are born and grew up in America, their ideas are probably not going to be the same as someone who is actually from China and residing there. You didn't think your idea through, very simplistic minded.

Off-topic, but can I just say that is perhaps one of the ugliest renditions of the Turkish flags that I've ever seen.

In fact, isn't the entire concept of the flag display a bit counterproductive? For instance, I can't help but feel that if a Brazilian national (with Filipino heritage) started butting into Kazakh issues, I'm just sort of like, "it's really not your place to act like some authoritative arbiter".

Last edited:
Excuse me, but the forum clearly asks you to list

1) Your heritage (or something like that)
2) The country you reside in
I know what the forum ask. And I think it is wrong.

Using your example, a Chinese-American is not representative for China, and should not act like they are speaking on behalf of the people of China. They are born and grew up in America, their ideas are probably not going to be the same as someone who is actually from China and residing there.
Of course a Chinese-American can speak for China.

Back in WW II, plenty of Japanese-American and German-American returned to their respective parents' countries and fought against the US. They returned to Japan and Germany because they felt some kind of obligations to do so.

Allegiance have ideological, psychological, and emotional bases.

You didn't think your idea through, very simplistic minded.
More than you have. But if what I presented as 'simplistic' and you failed to understand it, especially when there are plenty of historical evidences to prove what I said is correct, what does that say about you ?

What does it matter what flag it is. We debate with words not flags. The color of the flag doesn't matter to me one bit. Vietnamese American, Japanese Martian, I'll use the nationality that person wants to identify with. Or no nationality at all, as is most often the case.

Who cares.

I know what the forum ask. And I think it is wrong.

Of course a Chinese-American can speak for China.

Back in WW II, plenty of Japanese-American and German-American returned to their respective parents' countries and fought against the US. They returned to Japan and Germany because they felt some kind of obligations to do so.

Allegiance have ideological, psychological, and emotional bases.

More than you have. But if what I presented as 'simplistic' and you failed to understand it, especially when there are plenty of historical evidences to prove what I said is correct, what does that say about you ?

Gambit I think you're confusing yourself. A Chinese American should not speak for China. A Chinese person that was born and grew up in China should speak for China.

Culturally, Chinese Americans are a fusion of Western and Chinese, and do not share the same experiences as someone who is native to China. Given that views and opinions are shaped by experiences, environment and culture, then their ideas are not going to be the same as someone who is actually from China. That is why there are two flags. People with higher levels of understanding are going to appreciate this fundamental difference. You need to think in levels of grey rather than in black and white. Very child-like thinking.

Historical examples aren't worth mentioning here. The segregation of Black Americans was a thing before, it doesn't mean it's going to happen again. Japanese-Americans were forcefully put into internment camps in WWII, I can't see that happening again to any ethnicity or group. Even after 9/11, Muslim Americans were not put in internment camps or deported. That's because we've advanced as a society. And USA loves to set precedents in human justices so I can't see USA doing that today. It's more likely Russia or China would do that. I think you have these very childish power fantasies.

Last edited:
Gambit I think you're confusing yourself. A Chinese American should not speak for China. A Chinese person that was born and grew up in China should speak for China.
Should not is not the same thing as could not.

I should not lie about your ugly tie, but I could and would because I do not want to hurt your feelings. Guess who is really confused here, and it ain't me.

Culturally, Chinese Americans are a fusion of Western and Chinese, and do not share the same experiences as someone who is native to China. Given that views and opinions are shaped by experiences, environment and culture, then their ideas are not going to be the same as someone who is actually from China. That is why there are two flags. People with higher levels of understanding are going to appreciate this fundamental difference. You need to think in levels of grey rather than in black and white. Very child-like thinking.
There is a Chinese-American on this forum who cheers exclusively for China. The guy holds US citizenship but have no problems putting his loyalty for China before the US. Talk to him about shades of grey and culture.

Historical examples aren't worth mentioning here.
Of course it does. Back in WW II, plenty of Japanese-Americans and German-Americans who were US-borned went back to Japan and Germany to fight for those countries. They grew up in the US, ate pizzas and burgers, went to American schools, and other than the origins of their parents, they were Americans. And yet they swore allegiance to other countries and fought against the US. So you are wrong. Again.

Back
Top Bottom