What's new

Misconception: ‘Pakistan perceived in Europe as terrorist state’

Pakistan needs a better press and better lobbying in the US to change opinions. The Indian lobby for example, runs rings around Pakistan with our Congress.
You can't keep selling a bad product with good advertisement forever.

Fact is that Pakistan has been supporting global terrorists and is in fact responsible for a the deaths of many men of the United States military.

That and almost every major terrorist organization in the world has some or the other link (financing trail, logistics, base, etc) to Pakistan.

Just spending money on lobbying will only get you so far when it comes to perception on a sustained and sustainable basis.

Last edited:
It is a fact that it is summer during Christmas, and it is a fact that it is cold during Christmas.
That's specific to the Southern Hemisphere...... But I get what you mean.
I have lived in Pakistan. I know it was a terror sympathizer for decades until it tasted it's own medicine
Through a box in your living room, right?. How old were you when you left Pakistan, may I ask. By looking at your posts, you seem rather young.

It's not a perception it's a fact

Please elaborate? Last time we checked neither ISIS is a Pakistani creation nor were Pakistanis blowing airport in Brussels or attacking French in Day light.

What others think of us should not be an issue we should fix our house everything else will fall in line

You mean the family which is single handidly responsible for the mass murder of Bangalis in Bangal famine and used millions of Indians men as "First wave" of attacks in its world wars to protect white british soldiers? - You people lack any sense of honor.

You cannot blame the entire Britain for evil done by their ancestors. Just like you cannot blame entire Pakistan as a terrorist state because some terrorist groups found fertile breeding ground in your country in the past.

The Pakistani establishment has consistently chosen wrong policies which has led to this.It's high time to stop differentiating between good and bad terrorism,forget Kashmir and focus on economy.
Our relation wkth India and policies on Kashmir will not affect our relation with the west we had issues in the past regarding Haqqani but glad that got sorted out last year

I think what really happened has been pretty thoroughly documented.

I'm guessing you believe in some alternate history or conspiracy theory about it?

What exactly is documented? There are so many questions which are left unanswered like why was his body thrown in the sea and not put in front of the entire world. You dont just throw away a body without letting anyone see it after you spent billions to wage war and capture the same man?

Secondly if such was the case that Osama was hiding in Pakistan, and ISI was complicit in it, how come US was in such a forgiving mood that they did not deem fit to slap sanctions on Pakistan or at the very least declare ISI a terrorist organisation?
The fact that none of this happened raises questions about the authenticity of this whole event. It would be nice if ISI would blow the lid of it but then it would put stain on US Pakistan relation to a point where recovery of those might become impossible. But as a Pakistani i would like to see the truth coming out irrespective of what happens with our relations. Why should we become the bad guys in front of the whole world when we are not.

To all Indians we dont care about our perception in India so kindly keep to the topic please

You cannot blame the entire Britain for evil done by their ancestors. Just like you cannot blame entire Pakistan as a terrorist state because some terrorist groups found fertile breeding ground in your country in the past.

But than again that is what you guys do, blame the whole Pakistan. Just read post #53 for instance, the whole Pakistan sponsors terrorism. Its just that you guys like to be selective.

how about US president and entire Bush family sleeping with Saudis, would that change the perceptions?

Actually, it very much has. I don't know what you may be thinking but Saudi Arabia's standing with the American people is pretty low, as low as Pakistan's and for exactly the reasons you mentioned. The last Bush president for example, left office as one of the most unpopular president's in since they have been keeping polls. The very policies he pursued while president is why.

That is not my opinion, but it very much is the opinion of the majority of Americans.

What exactly is documented?

Everything, His identification by one of his wives. His DNA evidence, photographs, etc., etc.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-south-asia-13313201

There are so many questions which are left unanswered like why was his body thrown in the sea and not put in front of the entire world. You dont just throw away a body without letting anyone see it after you spent billions to wage war and capture the same man?

We didn't. Numerous people saw it. OBL was given proper courtesy by a US Navy Muslim chaplain, cleaned and prepared for burial, and although buried at sea, to avoid his grave-site being an object of adulation, his body was viewed by numerous people, his DNA was checked against his sister and matched. It's all available online.

Secondly if such was the case that Osama was hiding in Pakistan, and ISI was complicit in it, how come US was in such a forgiving mood that they did not deem fit to slap sanctions on Pakistan or at the very least declare ISI a terrorist organisation?

Because I don't think ISI was. I don't think they really knew he was in Pakistan, although it was suspected, anymore than they knew about the American raid to kill him. Pakistan was not complicit in his being there. It's nothing against them. We Americans blew it when we didn't kill him much earlier in the Tora Bora mountains. He was extremely good at concealing his location. He never even left his compound and seldom came outside. We only had a couple of satellite photos of him and even then, we couldn’t be sure.

Last edited:
Please elaborate? Last time we checked neither ISIS is a Pakistani creation nor were Pakistanis blowing airport in Brussels or attacking French in Day light.
San Bernindo terrorists were Pakistani immigrants lol

Through a box in your living room, right?. How old were you when you left Pakistan, may I ask. By looking at your posts, you seem rather young.
I was in Pakistan in the 90s. I saw how Pakistani governments supported taliban terrorism in Afghanistan

San Bernindo terrorists were Pakistani immigrants lol

I was in Pakistan in the 90s. I saw how Pakistani governments supported taliban terrorism in Afghanistan
My, they weren't terrorists then.
They were great freedom fighters. Liberators of Afghanistan, victors of wars. Infact we were applauded by nations for what we were doing.
Btw, what did you see? Let me guess, you saw all that from a box in your living room?. Or did you go out there to see what's happening?.

You mean the family which is single handidly responsible for the mass murder of Bangalis in Bangal famine and used millions of Indians men as "First wave" of attacks in its world wars to protect white british soldiers? - You people lack any sense of honor.

to certain extent..you are right.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom