Status
Not open for further replies.

Munir

REST IN PEACE
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
UAE says 'progress' in talks on French warplanes

UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahayan said on Tuesday there was 'positive progress' in talks about the possible purchase of French Rafale fighter planes.

"It (the purchase) was discussed," he told AFP, referring to talks between visiting French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his UAE opposite number Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahayan.

"I can say there has been positive progress on this issue."

The United Arab Emirates said last year it was considering replacing its fleet of 60 French Mirage combat planes with Rafale jets, in a deal that could be worth between six and eight billion euros (eight to 11 billion dollars).

On Saturday, a spokesman for Rafale maker Dassault Aviation told AFP that a deal was unlikely in the next few days.

France is a leading military supplier to the UAE, where Sarkozy on Tuesday inaugurated a new French military base, its first in the oil-rich Gulf region.

Where does it mention about them going to Pakistan??. :S
or are we speculating here??

Purely speculation... Sorry forgot to mention it.

I think PAF have laid their cards already.

JF17 42 ordered version 1 for $650m with loans from china.

F16 blk 52 x 18 with USA aid money + up to 44 existing F16s

J10 some time in 2014 IN VERSION fc20 x 36 estimated cost $1.5 billion.

Don,t forget AWACS from Saab.

This is big commitment both financially and in pilot training and support base development.

Another version ie Mirage 2000 wud just be too much and it would make more sense to double the F16s or J10 to avoid too many combat types.

my opinion only i may be wrong !!!!!!!

I think PAF have laid their cards already.

JF17 42 ordered version 1 for $650m with loans from china.

F16 blk 52 x 18 with USA aid money + up to 44 existing F16s

J10 some time in 2014 IN VERSION fc20 x 36 estimated cost $1.5 billion.

Don,t forget AWACS from Saab.

This is big commitment both financially and in pilot training and support base development.

Another version ie Mirage 2000 wud just be too much and it would make more sense to double the F16s or J10 to avoid too many combat types.

Dude are you on drugs?The F16 are paid for from our national funds not from AID Money!Only 230 Million was supplied by US after Earthquake for Mlu.The New F16's are paid by our national funds.

I agree, We should not go towards Mirage 2K, because we are already involved into the other great aircraft deal such as J10 and JF17 and most importantly F16 block 52.

On the side note, i think that we can sell the f16 and by more J10B's. Its much cheaper and more effective with the upgrades.

If they simply gift us?...i don't think UAE needs $$$ for them, i mean they are not out of cash...anyway if they ever offer to us those Mirage (if we have to pay) then it's better to buy some new jets like J-10's or invest some more money in JF-17 to improve it furthur.

We will defiantly take those as a gift for sure?

If they can get them they should and frankly I think we should all ignore Maverick and his opinions from now on in.
If the PAf gets the M2000 it would be like getting another 60 or so F-16's. It is a very potent aircraft and they would boost the PAF no end.

It would be the best replacement for our older mirages and a very potent interceptor or strike aircraft which is adaptable to our refuelers. We would have better planes then those with iaf.

You should Kiss the B/52 Good bye Pakistan is not getting them. The only way we will get them is if Uncle Sam needs us badly for something.
Which they don't If we talk about Air dominance we need to get something big right now to counter not in 2015 or 2018.

Hostilities aside Maverick has his opinion and rest have their opinion as he said
so what all the fuss to ignore one another..

PAF has the capability and the ability to maintain largest Mirages fleet for the last 38-40 years...we can without problems Maintain couple of squadrons of Mirage2000s...if PAF & U.A.E facilitate some soft loan arrangement similar to JF-17s deal i don't think France will ever object..

luftwaffe bear in mind that the opinions i have stated are after going through a few posts by said individual. I have bigger guns at my disposal so I feel I have been mild.

Keysersoze Its between you and him and i do sure know about bigger guns at disposal use it when ever u feel using it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom