What's new

Mirage 2000 to PAF? UAE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to these m-2000's again eh ok lets do this have a vote here a simple yes or no yes for we should try to get them no for no we dont need them or cant get them! i dotn see us getting them..

i do not see any need of them! JF17 will prove to be equally good so we must concentrate on this project and upgrade it rather than spending money on different platforms!

regards!

I heard UAE thinking to give those planes to India? wow

I heard UAE thinking to give those planes to India? wow

baaap bara na bahia,,,
sb sa bara rupaiya!!!!

its money my friend $$$$$$ and lots of it!!!!:agree:

Last edited:
India cannot afford it now. Why else do you think they delayed choppers? Why else did they delay MRCA? Why else are they having seconds thoughts about everything? :) There is no giving. They will have to pay and even then they will get Dassault as partner and to India it is pain in the A... Cause there is a reason why they are fighting over the Mirage 2000H upgrades...

Brazil? Maybe... Even then the price will be a serious problem.

by the way, what is it with these arabs - are they having problems operating the mirage 2000's!? first the qataris and now the UAE!

Sir,
Qatari decision was a political one which coincided with the shifting of US' main military base from Saudi Arab to Qatar. UAE otoh is inducting Block 60 F-16 which will replace Mirage 2000-5/7. Most of these Mirages have flown for almost 20 years. :coffee:

I think we already had a whole thread dedicated for this discussions and it was decided PAF dosent need Mirage 2000s. Why do you people want to waste the band width?

Hi sir,

You are totally mistaken---qatari uae mirage 2000-5-9 is a plane of choice for the paf even now. It puts us at par or above par with 80 plus % of IAF planes. If available---it will be far superior to anything that the paf will get except for the blk 52---where it might be in the same league.

UAE Mirages are in good condition and PAF has had close ties with UAE for a very long time. Sh. Zayed was no doubt a friend of Pakistan. Sadly he is no more.

Let us not indulge in wishful thinking. Sh. Mohammed of Dubai who is in charge of UAE Defense has very close ties with India. Just visit Dubai and you will see from gold jewelry to Tata Buses. Shops full of Indian goods. Only Pakistani produce that I come across are mangoes and kinnoos. 80% of the expatriates are Indians.

Don’t think Pakistan will get the planes even if we tried. IMO UAE will not overtly help Pakistan at the expense of India.

If Pakistan gets them thats good, coz PAF will get them in cheap amount like 10 to 12 million$ per piece and UAE Mirage 2K is different then F-16Blk 52 and JF-17 but compareable with both of them.

And if PAF will not get them then still surely, it wouldn be a big prob for PAF as they will surely invest that money for 5th generation jets which are planned for 2015 to 2025.

PAF has very clear future plans till 2014/5

J-10B/ Chengdu FC-20 36
Lockheed Martin F-16 C/D Block 52 18 Advanced Multi-Role
Lockheed Martin F-16AM/BM 46
JF-17 Thunder 250 Multi-Role
Chengdu F-7PG/T Skybolt-G 50
Dassault Mirage ROSE Upgrade 80 Naval and Ground Support

Last edited:
UAE will click where the money is i,m afraid.

$$$ Makes the world go round

The Arabs are nobodys friends everybody knows that.

Pakistan economy is not that bad that they cant afford 600 to 700 million $ deal for 50+ UAE Mirage 2K.

UAE is not stupid. They are not going to sell a Advanced Mirage 2000-9 FOR $12m each.

They will want minimum $30m a peice. I think there will be plenty of buyers from current Mirage 2000 users with more cash than PAF...

Taiwan & Brazil come to mind.

India was interested in uae Mirages 2 years ago but not now.

India.s money will go to USA F18S/H or the Typhoon.

If we buy 50 Mirages then it will cost $3bn including upgrades, infrastructure, base etc!
Its much better to invest $3bn on Jf-17 to make it much better then Mirage!

You should Kiss the B/52 Good bye Pakistan is not getting them. The only way we will get them is if Uncle Sam needs us badly for something.
Which they don't If we talk about Air dominance we need to get something big right now to counter not in 2015 or 2018.

Guys
please read the above post again. herein lies the dilemma that PAF might face. if Bl52s are denied to us and thunders are 3 yrs away from maturity(I base this on not only integration date but also having sufficient numbers to count, Plus having enough manpower trained to run the plane), What do we do for now. Even if we get Bl.15s MLUed we wont get it done before 2011. If there is a threat perception, PAF does not deem J10 mature enough to buy straight away, and any new plane will need at least 5 yrs to come on board(knowing you cannot just go out and buy it like a car and contract negotiations take ages). This might be why this topic comes up again and again, and confuses us.
the other thing to consider is are we sending signals to Uncle Sam to keep them on the straight and narrow. Knowing uncle Sam,s tendencies to get distracted and forgetful:lol::rolleyes::D, he needss frequent reminders about the promises that he has made.
PAF have flown the Mirage series since the late 60s and have a rich experience of flying deltas. Also think it gives us a boost instantly at a cost which is not prohibitive(the french and even Abu Dhabi will have a hard time selling planes whose assembly line has stopped working___remember Indonesia recently refused M2K5s as a donation citing problems in maintenance).
PAFs future acquisitions are a matter of great fluidityand confusion to all and sundry. For every current on the surface there are 10 under currents that we dont know about.But i feel we should keep an open mind on this issue.
Another thing that comes to mind is the acquisition of M53 rights of production along with the order of Mirages. This in my view would be a magic decision for PAF if it comes about. There are innumerable advantages to this acquisition although it will involve a price that we will have to pay, even if it means buying M2 Ks it would be a stirling buy..
In short there are as many answers as there are questions, just keep your eyes and mind open.
WaSalam
Araz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom