What's new

Minister of Religious Affairs Mufti Shakoor under fire for hi statement on Christmas

Why the F are maulvis running this ministry (or anything)?

I long for the days of Muslims like the ones who were involved in our nuclear program. Enlightened, rational, spiritual. Modern atheists believe you can't be rational and spiritual simultaneously, whereas some of the brightest minds in theoretical physics (arguably one of the hardest fields around) are contrarian examples.

We need Muslims who take the mantle of science forward and discuss bigger issues like the nature of the universe and the harnessing of its various energies --- not politics surrounding Christmas wishes. And then Muslims wonder why the entirety of the Islamic world --- spanning various cultures, geographies, histories, ethnicities, etc. --- produces a tiny percentage of the world's innovations.

I long for the days of Muslims like the ones who were involved in our nuclear program. Enlightened, rational, spiritual. Modern atheists believe you can't be rational and spiritual simultaneously, whereas some of the brightest minds in theoretical physics (arguably one of the hardest fields around) are contrarian examples.

We need Muslims who take the mantle of science forward and discuss bigger issues like the nature of the universe and the harnessing of its various energies --- not politics surrounding Christmas wishes. And then Muslims wonder why the entirety of the Islamic world --- spanning various cultures, geographies, histories, ethnicities, etc. --- produces a tiny percentage of the world's innovations.

Why waste a scientist in the ministry of religious affairs?

Why waste a scientist in the ministry of religious affairs?

I didn't mean literally a scientist (though I don't mind that either.) I just meant somebody who can inculcate the central role of real (Islamic) spirituality tempered with reason, deliberation, scientific innovation, etc., rather than bickering over non-issues that have become the central points in Muslim public life.

Last edited:
This thread is going to attract the worst organism found on PDF, Jamahir. But before Jamahir makes his grand entry, an aspiring Jamahir from Pakistan, R Wing, has taken up the responsibility of making an utter fool of himself.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend your pro-maulvi (which, in Pakistan, essentially means anti-spirit of Islam) sensibilities!

On a serious note, what did I say?!

Sorry, didn't mean to offend your pro-maulvi (which, in Pakistan, essentially means anti-spirit of Islam) sensibilities!

On a serious note, what did I say?!

Nothing to do with pro or anti Mullah rhetoric. One might argue your post to be from one of the 73 shades of Mullahism.

It is the automatic trigger of wallowing in pity or the perpetual maatam of being downtrodden that irks me.

Some religions clerk start campaigning against Minister of Religious Affairs Mufti Shakoor:

So Mufti Abdul Shakoor has to clarify his statement:

in Pakistan's extremely intolerant and radicalized society there is no room for any conciliatory and inclusive statement, any words of mutual respect and harmony are taken as an attack on faith and the person doing so is left to explain and defend himself.

I recall once Shabaz Sherif while CM Punjab used the word brothers in the same sentence including the word Ahemdis because they had suffered a devastating terror attack that lasted for a very long time resulting in deaths of over 120 people.

there are many valid reasons for criticizing GHQ but intolerance and radicalization of society is self inflicted. the problem is that its not even seen as a disease but virtuous devotion.

reported posts found to be offended are being moderated.

keep personal Hatred and bigotry in check.
stay civil in your arguments.

What is spirituality?
_The understanding of soul???

there are many valid reasons for criticizing GHQ but intolerance and radicalization of society is self inflicted.

Sir you sure this statement is factually true? It was ayub khan's era during which this country witnessed the mushroom growth of gaddi nasheens and the end result being flat earthers ready to decapitate on the pretext of what they deem ghustakhi.

Then there's Mr Zia- ------- the furits of whose militant campaigns we are still reaping.

Sir you sure this statement is factually true? It was ayub khan's era during which this country witnessed the mushroom growth of gaddi nasheens and the end result being flat earthers ready to decapitate on the pretext of what they deem ghustakhi.

Then there's Mr Zia- ------- the furits of whose militant campaigns we are still reaping.
yes I am correct.

check this post trail out

first this response to a noble post

and then my comments at the end of this post

Back
Top Bottom