What's new

Miltant camps still in Bangladesh

You are talking to a certified idiot, landslides happen in some parts of the NE area, not on the corridor.

Yeah, a random internet warrior must know better than scholars: Geography’s Curse: India’s Vulnerable ‘Chicken’s Neck’ | The Diplomat

The harsh topography of the region makes the railway and roads subject to damage from frequent landslides and natural disaster; India’s North-East is known for its record-breaking levels of rainfall.

Don't post your personal commentary, talk with sources.

At least GR!F!N is arguing with reasonable posts, you are just making a fool of yourself!

I said less educated, not illiterate! Both are different terms. As I replied to ni8mare earlier, do they have any internationally acclaimed economists or political scientist? By the term intellectual base, I referred to those scholars.

one question,how many scientists of India you know about??or better,how many important persons from India you do know about??

do you know this guy???

96c18602bf71c9bbf4ab8450c059192f._.jpg

this one??

66027560e38c65e2a02e9eb2e69a4a98._.jpg

this one??

main-qimg-688f17f99d6815d850fda6353c458004

this guy???

main-qimg-eaf4d9fbe9cf70dd1a8b04aa9fc89806

this person???

296775d8c0b8d739a34b348e08ada51f._.jpg

this one??

f5b4e2c852bad34f7a569c9703500524._.jpg

or this one?????

f83ac23a80a9552a7e907523982f1ad3.jpg

some are sports personalities,some politician and receiver of International Awards,and one is the face of Indian Media,and last one is most famous activist from N-E India.

Nationalism doesn't mean "I love my country and bla bla bla". Unless they start to think of their uniqueness and self identity, they won't be called nationalist. A simple fact, during the British raj era, whom would you call nationalist, the hardworking farmers or the people like Subhas Chandra Bose?

I'm sorry,but they've more senses on those fields than you.tell me,how do you react when you're country is in trouble???or,how you're going to show that you're a nationalist???

You are saying they have got weaken but are they completely quelled off? Nope, and that's what I've said, they will always remain there unless the North East is granted independence.

Quelled Off??they're nonfunctional.tell me,Did BD got Independence??then how come some person still thinks that Freedom war was a big mistake.right??then BD should again join Pakistan.am I correct???

the point is,40 Million people want to be part of India.some thousands doesn't.they're attending regular election,giving vote in higher percentages than most of the India,they're choosing representatives for themselves.so,what you're going to say??they want independence??or not??who are you to tell otherwise what they want??

What are we supposed to do now if Maharani wanted to join EP? The whole saga of granting Chittagong hill tract in favor of EP was unjustified from India's point of view, being it not a Muslim majority area; If Chittagong remained within India, Maharani won't have to think twice before joining Indian dominion.

Most of you guys have a wrong perception about that area, Chittagong Hill Tracts and Chittagong district are different. Even if Chittagong Hill Tracts was granted to India, North East would have remained landlocked since Chittagong District (including the city and the sea port) was always a Muslim dominated area and part of East Bengal.

You need to know the history about the area. Why was Chittagong Hill Tracts granted to East Bengal? Chittagong city, having a strategic sea port, was vulnerable to foreign invasion (presumably from India and Burma). Hence the Chittagong Hill Tracts region was granted to East Bengal as a buffer zone for Chittagong city.

As for current scenario, Chittagong Hill Tracts is best as part of Bangladesh since they can now get direct access to sea which wouldn't be possible if it was awarded to India or Burma.

one question,how many scientists of India you know about??or better,how many important persons from India you do know about??
do you know this guy???

this one??

this one??

this guy???

this person???

this one??

or this one?????

some are sports personalities,some politician and receiver of International Awards,and one is the face of Indian Media,and last one is most famous activist from N-E India.

There's no reason to deny the fact North East has got a number of talented folks but If you have't noticed, I've mentioned specific fields, economists and political scientists!

I'm sorry,but they've more senses on those fields than you.tell me,how do you react when you're country is in trouble???or,how you're going to show that you're a nationalist???

I've already defined nationalism in my earlier post, unless they start to think of their uniqueness and self identity, they won't be called nationalist.

Quelled Off??they're nonfunctional.tell me,Did BD got Independence??then how come some person still thinks that Freedom war was a big mistake.right??then BD should again join Pakistan.am I correct???

They have got weaken but still operating!

There's nobody in Bangladesh who seek to join Pakistan. If you are referring to Kalu Miah, Khair Ctg, idune, their main argument is that we should have avoided the war and should have sought a peaceful solution to separate.

the point is,40 Million people want to be part of India.some thousands doesn't.they're attending regular election,giving vote in higher percentages than most of the India,they're choosing representatives for themselves.so,what you're going to say??they want independence??or not??who are you to tell otherwise what they want??

Now you are making circular arguments. I would refer to my earlier post, those separatist groups lack mass support, but why? Most of the North East people are peace loving less educated folks without any major intellectual base (economists, political scientists). Since these separatist groups are using terror as their weapon, most of the people tend to go against them without understanding the significance of their demand. However, things won't remain the same, as time goes by, they would gradually develop a nationalist intellectual base to realize the significance. That's the time when these separatist movements will become effective.

Most of you guys have a wrong perception about that area, Chittagong Hill Tracts and Chittagong district are different. Even if Chittagong Hill Tracts was granted to India, North East would have remained landlocked since Chittagong District (including the city and the sea port) was always a Muslim dominated area and part of East Bengal.

You need to know the history about the area. Why was Chittagong Hill Tracts granted to East Bengal? Chittagong city, having a strategic sea port, was vulnerable to foreign invasion (presumably from India and Burma). Hence the Chittagong Hill Tracts region was granted to East Bengal as a buffer zone for Chittagong city.

As for current scenario, Chittagong Hill Tracts is best as part of Bangladesh since they can now get direct access to sea which wouldn't be possible if it was awarded to India or Burma.
The context was Tripura which merged into extreme precarious state when hill tract was awarded to EP by boundary commission. Indians had less concern about the strategic Importance of Chittagong port as they had in hill tracts because it virtually detached Tripura from the mainland. You may refer to Sardar Patel's letter to Sir Akbar Hayadri in this subject to understand what I am talking about.

There's no reason to deny the fact North East has got a number of talented folks but If you have't noticed, I've mentioned specific fields, economists and political scientists!

B. B. Bhattacharya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Uddhab Bharali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just 2 example....

you are welcome to find out others too(as I'm not from this line,I barely know about Economists)

Category:Indian economists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Indian scientists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or better ask members from North East..

I've already defined nationalism in my earlier post, unless they start to think of their uniqueness and self identity, they won't be called nationalist.

never got the point why you're repeatedly saying this...Nationalism means feeling patriotic or similar.what you're asking is Sub Nationalism.but unfortunately,we're Indian first and then we give priority to caste,religion and other criterias.I wonder how much Sub Nationalism you'll find even in N-E India.sorry for that. :lol:

There's nobody in Bangladesh who seek to join Pakistan. If you are referring to Kalu Miah, Khair Ctg, idune, their main argument is that we should have avoided the war and should have sought a peaceful solution to separate.

of course they're operating.what do you suggest??after ceasefiring or signing peace accord,we should mow them down using Machine Gun???about others,most of the others has very few base in India itself.most of their base is in Myanmar(like ULFA,NSCN etc) and in Bangladesh.thats what this thread all about.

Now you are making circular arguments. I would refer to my earlier post, those separatist groups lack mass support, but why? Most of the North East people are peace loving less educated folks without any major intellectual base (economists, political scientists). Since these separatist groups are using terror as their weapon, most of the people tend to go against them without understanding the significance of their demand. However, things won't remain the same, as time goes by, they would gradually develop a nationalist intellectual base to realize the significance. That's the time when these separatist movements will become effective.

I don't know what the F you're saying.these insurgents lack mass support because people don't bother about their cause.if people would bother,we'd witness situation like we've seen in Bangladesh or in other countries.its not highly educated persons who make the rebellion or such??its common peoples who participate.whenever you lack their support,you fail.

they don't trust these insurgents who simply rob them,feed upon their income and kill civilians.you're welcome to wait for the day when 40 million people will decide that they want to separate.but be warned,in that wait,you're going to be alone as even insurgents don't believe in that crap anymore.

Whenever a high level Indo-BD meet takes place. RAW stooges in BD"discover" an arms cache. Probably the same weapons again and again to fool and please their Indian masters.

CHT was given to Pakistan not just because of strategic depth, but also to compensate for the loss of two large Muslim majority districts, Maldah and Murshidabad, which was given to India by Radcliff, while a much smaller marshy low land Hindu majority Khulna was given to Pakistan. The excuse was that if Maldah and Murshidabad was given to Pakistan then the upstream of Bhagirothi in those districts would risk the viability of Kolkata port, if we put dams in it. Now note this flawed English logic was not applied to the curving up of East Pakistan, where the entire land had rivers coming in from India which they could block and are doing now threatening the existence of our country.
Rise of Islam in Bengal, role of migration | Page 3

All this the result of Lady Mountbatten sleeping with Neheru?

B. B. Bhattacharya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Uddhab Bharali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
just 2 example....
you are welcome to find out others too(as I'm not from this line,I barely know about Economists)
Category:Indian economists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of Indian scientists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or better ask members from North East..

Uddhab Bharali is neither an economist nor a political scientist.

BB Bhattacharya - you should check his biography properly, he has hardly spent his career in the North East.

I checked the links you provided, didn't find any.

never got the point why you're repeatedly saying this...Nationalism means feeling patriotic or similar.what you're asking is Sub Nationalism.but unfortunately,we're Indian first and then we give priority to caste,religion and other criterias.I wonder how much Sub Nationalism you'll find even in N-E India.sorry for that.

Well, nationalism and patriotism are different. Patriotism is subjective, a person who's being called terrorist by someone could be termed as patriotic by someone else. Nationalism is uniform, anyone who takes pride of his own native culture and identity could be called nationalist. India is not a nation state, since to be one, you need to have common history, common culture, common heritage. So, a North Easterner could be called a nationalist, only when he would prefer his Assamese, Mizo, Manipuri, Naga identity over being an Indian.

of course they're operating.what do you suggest??after ceasefiring or signing peace accord,we should mow them down using Machine Gun???about others,most of the others has very few base in India itself.most of their base is in Myanmar(like ULFA,NSCN etc) and in Bangladesh.thats what this thread all about.

In your last post, you suggested they are nonfunctional!

I don't know what the F you're saying.these insurgents lack mass support because people don't bother about their cause.if people would bother,we'd witness situation like we've seen in Bangladesh or in other countries.its not highly educated persons who make the rebellion or such??its common peoples who participate.whenever you lack their support,you fail.
they don't trust these insurgents who simply rob them,feed upon their income and kill civilians.you're welcome to wait for the day when 40 million people will decide that they want to separate.but be warned,in that wait,you're going to be alone as even insurgents don't believe in that crap anymore.

What I've said is that, the people are not able to understand the significance of their cause which is why the separatist groups are lacking public support. Neither the approach of those separatist movements is encouraging. But as I said, in future they will gradually develop that nationalist intellectual base to spread out the idea to the masses and provide momentum for those movements.

Last edited:

do you know this guy???

View attachment 55437

this one??

View attachment 55438

this one??

main-qimg-688f17f99d6815d850fda6353c458004

this guy???

main-qimg-eaf4d9fbe9cf70dd1a8b04aa9fc89806

this person???

View attachment 55439

this one??

View attachment 55440

or this one?????

View attachment 55441

Reluctant "Indians".

Political Integration of Northeast India: A Historical Analysis | T Haokip - Academia.edu

Last edited:
Yeah, a random internet warrior must know better than scholars: Geography’s Curse: India’s Vulnerable ‘Chicken’s Neck’ | The Diplomat

The harsh topography of the region makes the railway and roads subject to damage from frequent landslides and natural disaster; India’s North-East is known for its record-breaking levels of rainfall.

At least GR!F!N is arguing with reasonable posts, you are just making a fool of yourself!

Damn it!! Now I have learn about my state from a foreign magazine!! Yes, India’s North-East is known for its record-breaking levels of rainfall and some places also see frequent landslides, but Siliguri corridor is in West Bengal, and I know that place very well, I also have many friends from places like Siliguri, Jalpaiguri, Falakata, Dinhata, etc. Darjeeling is a very popular tourist spot, and Siliguri is an important business hub of West Bengal, and we travel there frequently. And I am re-posting what @ni8mare told you earlier, twice, but it didn't go into your head.

However, poor connectivity or landslides are not a criterion for separation, at least not in India; don't know about your lala land.

who told you that ? i live in silliguri and regularly go to kolkata by rail or bus there is no problems in tranportation as dray told it saves time.

again i am saying there is no problems in transit ,,,, there is double raliway of board gague and four lane high way ...you can use google map to see it ..and the area is flat no question of landslide and its is in higher place so also no question of flood

Reluctant "Indians".

No Mr. Reluctant Bangladeshi, they are proud Indians, unlike you guys, they are not confused souls suffering from identity crisis after having three different nationalities in a span of mere 24 years!!

Last edited:

seriously even i being living on that area giving full explanation still being in denial i dont no why???
And for last time NH 31 is not pron to landslide or flood because that area is not mountainous ....you are mixing with NH31A which is in Darjeeling area are pron to landslide

so since they are not killing indian soldiers or seceding away from india or joining bangldesh and instead integrating with india they are not nationalist .they are not being well integrated into economic or educational system???....

Tell me how many Assamese or manipuri people you have meet that will clear the idea??

Back
Top Bottom