What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

@haj9211 Why aren't there many Rajas in Jammu? Dogra Rajputs in Jammu do not call themselves "Raja". If they do they are a tiny minority.

@haj9211 Why aren't there many Rajas in Jammu? Dogra Rajputs in Jammu do not call themselves "Raja". If they do they are a tiny minority.

In central Punjab many don't call themselves rajas, many dont even have any Raja surname even if they happen to be rajput case in point Raheel Sharif. Bhattis will use Bhatti surname instead of Raja.

The pictures you posted of Potoharis personalities have standard skin tone, not ''fair''. Wasim Akram have ''fair'' skin tone, Shahid Afridi, Tahir Ul qadri, Shaan, Momamer Rana, Lahori actors i posted before etc Kharian is not potojar but standard punjabi speakers, Rajas here dont call themselves potoharis. They may marry someone from Potohar region, thats different matter.

You posted Jhelum Janjua MNA, here is Gujranwala MNA Cheema from this list. Honestly its pretty clear at this point? Just check MNA from areas of Central Punjab and can you honestly say potoharis are fairer?

http://www.na.gov.pk/en/all_members . php

101.jpg

Interesting list, even South Punjabis dont seem to be that dark skinned compared to other punjabis.

Plenty of this blue eyed phenotype found in Potohar as well, but as I said, I won't use the people that I know. With that being said, well the upper castes like Jatts and Rajputs are genetically similar or same any ways. I was talking about on average. What percentage of gujranwala-Gujrat population is Jatt?

And we have been marrying into Chibhs of Serai Alamgir for ages. The ones in gujrat might not call themselves Potohari but they are Rajas nonetheless. The Chibhs of Mirpur are pure, full blown Potoharis. Also I believe the video I posted from Gujar Khan shows clear differences.

The Jarrals of Rajouri call themselves Rajas. I guess Raja is a muslim rajput title only?

In central Punjab many don't call themselves rajas, many dont even have any Raja surname even if they happen to be rajput case in point Raheel Sharif. Bhattis will use Bhatti surname instead of Raja.

I know a Bhatti from Sialkot. So is it that Rajputs use different titles depending on the region or that the rajputs inhabiting Potohar are different clans/tribes of Rajputs?

I know a Bhatti from Sialkot. So is it that Rajputs use different titles depending on the region or that the rajputs inhabiting Potohar are different clans/tribes of Rajputs?

Yeah. All rajputs in AJK and Potohar use Raja. The rajputs in central Punjab use "Rai'' or "Rana" usually. Some rajputs use "malik". Raja is a Potohari/Ajk thing.

Plenty of this blue eyed phenotype found in Potohar as well, but as I said, I won't use the people that I know. With that being said, well the upper castes like Jatts and Rajputs are genetically similar or same any ways. I was talking about on average. What percentage of gujranwala-Gujrat population is Jatt?

And we have been marrying into Chibhs of Serai Alamgir for ages. The ones in gujrat might not call themselves Potohari but they are Rajas nonetheless. The Chibhs of Mirpur are pure, full blown Potoharis. Also I believe the video I posted from Gujar Khan shows clear differences.

The Jarrals of Rajouri call themselves Rajas. I guess Raja is a muslim rajput title only?

Chib Rajputs are Dogras right? At least that's what it says on Wikipedia Chib - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That last name is found in Jammu region among Dogra Rajputs too

?

Video doesnt show any difference, you posted Jhelum Janjua MNA and i posted Gujrawala MNA from same list. Otherwise one can find ''billas'' without much problem. As i said hardly anyone call himself raja in our area let alone central punjabi rajputs calling themselves potoharis, believe me. Bhattis themselves are mixed jatt, rajput tribe of cental punjab.

Video doesnt show any difference, you posted Jhelum Janjua MNA and i posted Gujrawala MNA from same list. Otherwise one can find ''billas'' without much problem. As i said no one call raja in our area, believe me. Bhattis themselves are mixed jatt, rajput tribe of cental punjab.

Can you explain to me what is considered central punjab? I thought Sialkot falls under northern Punjab?i

It seem like ''RAJA'' is only used by Potohar and sorrounding areas. In central punjab Rana is also used instead, there is famous Lahori actor name Moammer Rana. And in many cases people don't use these surnames at all, same is the case with central punjab jats, gujjars.

Can you explain to me what is considered central punjab? I thought Sialkot falls under northern Punjab?i

Central Punjab basically standard punjabi speaking area to differentiate it self with Potohar. It include Sialkot, Gujrat, Gujrawala, Narowal, Lahore, Nankana Sahib etc. I think South Punjab start from Multan if im not wrong.

Video doesnt show any difference, you posted Jhelum Janjua MNA and i posted Gujrawala MNA from same list. Otherwise one can find ''billas'' without much problem. As i said hardly anyone call himself raja in our area let alone central punjabi rajputs calling themselves potoharis, believe me. Bhattis themselves are mixed jatt, rajput tribe of cental punjab.

I was talking of the Chibhs of Kharian. They are "rajay". And there's no point of arguing really. Travelling alone can prove who's lighter in general. Raja Aziz Bhatti was from Kharian and maternal uncle of general raheel. We, the Sohlar Rajputs of Jhelum are the main rajput clan associated with Chibhs due to intermarriages. Nuff said.

It seem like ''RAJA'' is only used by Potohar and sorrounding areas. In central punjab Rana is also used instead, there is famous Lahori actor name Moammer Rana. And in many cases people don't use these surnames at all, same is the case with central punjab jats, gujjars.

Central Punjab basically standard punjabi speaking area to differentiate it self with Potohar. It include Sialkot, Gujrat, Gujrawala, Narowal, Lahore, Nankana Sahib etc. I think South Punjab start from Multan if im not wrong.

Punjab-Pakistan-Map.png

Geographically it seems that Sialkot falls in the northern half of Punjab. By calling it Central Punjab, I guess you are not going by geography but by language dialect. So according to you there are only two regions- Central and Southern Punjab?

I was talking of the Chibhs of Kharian. They are "rajay". And there's no point of arguing really. Travelling alone can prove who's lighter in general. Raja Aziz Bhatti was from Kharian and maternal uncle of general raheel. We, the Sohlar Rajputs of Jhelum are the main rajput clan associated with Chibhs due to intermarriages. Nuff said.

''Rajput'', Raheel Sharif dont even use raja or bhatti surname why is that? In our areas not many use these surnames. Calling them Potoharis because they are rajputs? People with rajput title are all over South Asia.

Rahim+Yar+Khan+Punjab+Pakistan.gif

Geographically it seems that Sialkot falls in the northern half of Punjab. By calling it Central Punjab, I guess you are not going by geography but by language dialect. So according to you there are only two regions- Central and Southern Punjab?

Three main regions of Punjab. So called ''Punjabis'' which are in central punjab including sialkot. Potohar in north and Seraiki in South.

''Rajput'', Raheel Sharif dont even use raja or bhatti surname why is that? In our areas not many use these surnames.

I personally don't use "raja" in my name. And I know for sure that he's a Chibh rajput who are "rajas" lol.

I personally don't use "raja" in my name. And I know for sure that he's a Chibh rajput who are "rajas" lol.

But Raja is surname while rajput actual title. Rana, Raja, Rai are sunames of rajputs not the otherway around.

Chib Rajputs are Dogras right? At least that's what it says on Wikipedia Chib - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That last name is found in Jammu region among Dogra Rajputs too

They are Katoch originally. Azad Kashmir was previously called "Chibbal", named after them.

But Raja is surname while rajput actual title. Rana, Raja, Rai are sunames of rajputs not the otherway around.

Rajput is a race. Raja is a title, and clan name is usually the surname.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom