What's new

Military formations in Mahabharata

As i said all of it may not be true.
But rejecting all of it as a myth is not right.
There is a museum in kurukshetra, you can found hundreds of old things carbon dated thousands of year old.
There are historical sites all around kurukshetra thousands of years old.

And how do you know they are from Mahabharat and not some mundane village which existed thousands of years ago?

It's a glorified story, an epic. You don't necessarily have to take it word by word.

That is what I am saying, its a mythological story and not real history.

Fake as Godzilla but its OK as we are pagans

During that time , Pagans ??:undecided:

Aindra astra:
Presiding Deity: Indra, the god of weather
Weapon’s Effect: Would bring about a shower of arrows from the sky.

Agneya astra:
Presiding Deity: Agni, the god of fire
Weapon’s Effect: The weapon discharged would emit flames inextinguishable through normal means.

Varuna astra:
Presiding Deity: Varuna, the god of water
Weapon’s Effect: The weapon discharged would release torrential volumes of water. This weapon is commonly mentioned as used to counter the Agneyastra.

Naga astra:
Presiding Deity: The Nagas
Weapon’s Effect: The weapon would have an un-erring aim and take on the form of a snake, proving deadly upon impact.

Naga paasha:
Presiding Deity: The Nagas
Weapon’s Effect: Upon impact, this weapon would bind the target in coils of living venomous snakes. In the Ramayana, it was used against Lord Rama and Lakshmana by Indrajit.

Vayu astra:
Presiding Deity: Vayu, the god of wind
Weapon’s Effect: Bring about a gale capable of lifting armies off the ground.

Surya astra:
Presiding Deity: Surya, the sun god
Weapon’s Effect: Create a dazzling light that would dispel any darkness about.

Vajra astra:
Presiding Deity: Indra
Weapon’s Effect: Target would be struck with bolts of lightning (vajra referring to Indra’s thunderbolt).

Mohini astra:
Presiding Deity: Mohini, Visnu avatar
Weapon’s Effect: Dispel any form of maya or sorcery in the vicinity.

Twashtar astra:
Presiding Deity: Twashtri, the heavenly builder
Weapon’s Effect: When used against a group of opponents (such as an army), would cause them to mistake each other for enemies and fight each other.

Sammohana/ Pramohana astra:
Presiding Deity:
Weapon’s Effect: Would cause entire hosts/armies to collapse in a trance.

Parvata astra:
Presiding Deity:
Weapon’s Effect: Would cause a Parvata/mountain to fall on the target from the skies.

Brahmaastra:
Presiding Deity: Brahma, the Creator
Weapon’s Effect: Would destroy entire hosts at once. Could also counter most other astras.

Brahmasirsha astra:
Presiding Deity: Brahma, the Creator
Weapon’s Effect: Capable of killing devas. Was used by Ashwatthama on Parikshit.

Narayana astra:
Presiding Deity: Visnu, the Preserver
Weapon’s Effect: Would create showers of arrows and discs. The astra’s power would increase with the resistance offered to it. This weapon had to be obtained from Vishnu directly, and could be used only once.

Vaishnava astra:
Presiding Deity: Visnu, the Preserver
Weapon’s Effect: Would destroy target completely, irrespective of target’s nature. Infallible. This weapon had to be obtained from Vishnu directly.

Pashupata astra:
Presiding Deity: Shiva, the Destroyer
Weapon’s Effect: Would destroy target completely, irrespective of target’s nature. Infallible. This weapon had to be obtained from Shiva directly.

astra-01.jpg

The Brahmastra also causes severe environmental damage. The land where the weapon is used becomes barren for eons, and all life in and around that area ceases to exist. Women and men become infertile. There is severe decrease in rainfall and the land develops cracks, like in a drought.

Srimad Bhagavatam 1.7.30: “When the rays of the two brahmastras combined, a great circle of fire, like the disc of the sun, covered all outer space and the whole firmament of planets.”

Srimad Bhagavatam 1.7.32: “Thus seeing the disturbance of the general populace and the imminent destruction of the planets, Arjuna at once retracted both brahmastra weapons, as Lord Sri Krishna desired.”

Rules of war in Mahabharata

1. This is my view, since chariot was used extensively, so war was fought in open field or battleground, rather than cities.
2. The battle used to start after sunrise and used to end after sunset.
3. Battle is found on equality basis, e.g chariot vs chariot, Sword vs Sword, Maharathi vs Maharathi. This was actually important, to understand I think. The Maharathi don't fight with the foot soldier, nor foot soldier could challenge him.
4. No women should be killed or attacked
5. No one was allowed to any soldier, who had surrendered, but would be made a war prisoner. The security of the bonded soldier lied with the opponent.
6 A soldier not carrying any weapons or unconscious soldiers could not be attacked.
7. Man or animal who is not a declared participant of the battle could not be attacked.
8. soldier could not be attacked on his back.
9 No animal could be killed unless in self-defence.
10 There were strict rules regarding the use of different kinds of weapons.

When you are saying its magical weapons, so why you bother my unmagical fake flagger.

You should have completed school.

He is just a false flagger, and there is no gain in explaining him.

Hey False flagger @Indian Patriot I got one book which I take as the proof. Now its your time to prove that it don't happen.
So prove with all your might. And for the magical weapon, which you called, could not be used with all, aka it was protected with the mantra. So it was lost with the time with the one who possess that.
For your sake of understanding , weapon with password protection, and that password key, is needed to activate the weapon, Same as the nuclear weapon's trigger mechanism is protected with some kind of codes that need to entered first.

Post when you are in your senses. "Magic", LOL!!!

No use in arguing with people who believe mythology is real history. If India was so powerful to have magic weapons then it would not have been invaded countless times.

Karna. Arjun needed a babysitter in the form of Krishna to protect him. Without Krishna Arjun would have been killed in the first day of battle.

Mahabharat is mythology not history. If the divine weapons existed in real life then ancient Indians would have ruled the whole planet.
:tup:
But having a divine weapon doesn't mean , U have to conquer the whole world .:lol:
Those who tried were stopped by Others with Divine weapons .:lol:
There must be a restriction to the usage of weapons .o_O:D

If India was so powerful to have magic weapons then it would not have been invaded countless times.

well,Your prescribed Foreign made imported "Magic Weapons" also failed to do the same,right??

well,why do you think those are "Magic Weapons"??May be who wrote Mahabharata totally failed to understand the concept in the first place??

Look at "Arrows of Barbarika".who could've thought about an example of active seeker could've existed in an ancient literature.

whatever,I don't believe in these "Magic Weapons".Rather its the philosophy,debate and knowledge for which I study Mahabharata and Gita.

well,Your prescribed Foreign made imported "Magic Weapons" also failed to do the same,right??

India was importing weapons from Russia, France, Israel in the 9th, 10th, 11th century? Just how retarded can people be!!

well,why do you think those are "Magic Weapons"??May be who wrote Mahabharata totally failed to understand the concept in the first place??

The writer who wrote the Mahabharat failed to know the concept but a superman like you in 21st century understands everything. Bhakt logic!!

Look at "Arrows of Barbarika".who could've thought about an example of active seeker could've existed in an ancient literature.

That's great, India now needs to but arrows of barbarika to fight wars.

whatever,I don't believe in these "Magic Weapons".Rather its the philosophy,debate and knowledge for which I study Mahabharata and Gita.

How wonderful.

India was importing weapons from Russia, France, Israel in the 9th, 10th, 11th century? Just how retarded can people be!!

Where was "India" back then??

The writer who wrote the Mahabharat failed to know the concept but a superman like you in 21st century understands everything. Bhakt logic!!

Or rather it was written by a man who has excellent skills in language and philosophy but failed to understand engineering just like you.

That's great, India now needs to but arrows of barbarika to fight wars.

well,If India can make them,then why not??

How wonderful.

sorry,I can't find similar enthusiasm when I read BS from you.

Where was "India" back then??

That was my point.

Or rather it was written by a man who has excellent skills in language and philosophy but failed to understand engineering just like you.

So Mahabharata is now an engineering manual for you? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

well,If India can make them,then why not??

Sure, then next target will be Brahmastra. :partay:

sorry,I can't find similar enthusiasm when I read BS from you.

But you can't stop yourself from reading my BS again and again and even commenting on it. You have very weak will power.

That was my point.

Noob attempt to correct yourself,but it failed.I said "India",which is post 1947 purchased foreign "Magic Weapons" in massive numbers and yet failed to stop Pakistan from waging War.so the lesson here is,You can't stop it.

I watched history tv, there was the program named Ancient Aliens. Many theories are given by various experts and persons, and they try to analize with various angles or perception.

There is nothing to prove whether it was real or not real, because when we go into the history, the farther we go, the proof become more scarced. But humans don't have a civilization of last 1500-2000 years, its thousands years of evolution, so who can actually predicts, that we are the most advanced stage and more knowledge, in the entire history of the humans.

The topic of the discussion is the military formations in mahabhartata. Looking at various was and the practicality of the war found in the open field, no one could deny the formation. Even some of them matches with the roman techniques.
The various concept described in very old , infact one of the oldest epic in the whole world. Various other facts were also provided, other than the weapons like mention Dwarika, Mathura, Magadha, which could be traced back and have many evidence. Weapons specially some celistial weapons mentioned are translated from the Mahabharata by the person and try to predict in the modern world with the modern logic and with the modern language.

A simple story-- When the european first came to china for trade, they first witness the PAPER CURRENCY for the first time. A noble man took one Paper currency note of China and presented in the court of ENGLAND and propossed, we should also use this for the mean of currency in our country. The whole group of intelligent ministers got angry, and strated abusing the noble man, and making fun of him. One minister took the note and show the fire, it burns into ashes and took the coin and it didn't burn. So he announce that look the currency don't burn and the paper note burns, thats why its not a currency. Simple logic at that time, and the noble person, cannot make the people of the england understand the concept, not because they were fools, but they don't want to think in other percespetive and different angle.

Here is one person name @Indian Patriot who is a false flagger, so requesting all Indians to press the Ignore button, instead of answering. @griffin -- Do you really know he actually knows about who is balbarika or the author of the mahabharata, but yes active seaker, and mantras as the nuclear codes, and few chemical weapons also, like agneastra and varunastra, China uses missiles to explode the chemicals on the clouds to disperse the rain forcefully.
We know very well, the Rishis don't give exact information, but somehow hidden in the shlokas various things.
Lust leave asid

Back
Top Bottom