What's new

Militant ploy to attack Benazir Airport, Chaklala Base foiled

FOILED my a$$ .. it was lucky day for the security as militants over heard the conversation and took off or their would have been carnage if they wanted to attack.

i doubt if they had weapons and explosive otherwise they were already there at the airport and could have blown alot.

seems a rehersal for a big attack

i doubt if they had weapons and explosive otherwise they were already there at the airport and could have blown alot.

seems a rehersal for a big attack

This is what happens when you rely on terrorists to attack another nation from YOUR OWN soil.

Eventually they will turn on you and they will consume you. The state gave them funding, an ideology to fight for, and the means to do it--what you see now is inevitable.

All of you constantly make fun of Mumbai. But how many events of much greater magnitude has happened in pakistan since ? Food for thought.

This is what happens when you rely on terrorists to attack another nation from YOUR OWN soil.

Eventually they will turn on you and they will consume you. The state gave them funding, an ideology to fight for, and the means to do it--what you see now is inevitable.

All of you constantly make fun of Mumbai. But how many events of much greater magnitude has happened in pakistan since ? Food for thought.

you bharatis wont stop being rondoos

After more than ten years of war i know one thing our security forcess r useless and this kana dajal is never ever able to give death scentance to any terrorist.....

Release the security camera footage of the terrorist on national TV retards. What i find funny is how easily these guys came to the airport and how easily they escaped no one is fired yet. OH and this cant be considered a failed operation this is 100% successful operation any way you look at it.

This Must also be Intelligence fault .... I mean how can they provide information that militants are going to attack .. and then leave it for Police to handle .. how unprofessional .

Not a single terrorist monkey caught and look how these newspapers are painting flowers. The situation in Pakistan right now is horrible. How could it happen that not a single militant was killed or captured. They call this a foiled attack where militants live on to do damage to us later on or the next day. Not a single terrorist killed or captured. This is no foiled attack!

I am truly disheartened by the security agencies. They can run after innocents and frame them on false charges of terrorism but they can't catch these top terrorists. These security forces have slammed their own foot with a hammer. I used to defend them like an idiot once but when lightning zap of realization hits you (You realize the security forces won't defend you when you are in trouble) on the head like a blinding whack then you realize.

The security forces have not had a single success in the entire history of the war on terror. No top commander of the TTP has been eliminated by our security forces but they chase down innocents very quickly. I want to do so much for my country but I know I will never be given the opportunity.

I offer right here right now to fight the militants with my own bare hands. Terrorists have caused massive damage to my country. I want to fight them, eliminate them. Instead the security forces chase innocents. This is either utter incompetence or collusion with the militants. I believe encounters and target killings should be used on top terrorists to eliminate them.

This Must also be Intelligence fault .... I mean how can they provide information that militants are going to attack .. and then leave it Police to handle .. how unprofessional .

You mean to tell me ISLAMABAD AIR PORT security is in police hands :pissed:

Something seems amiss here...anyways, good thing if it did happen. Good to know that the ASF didn't just let every other guy with a uniform go through.

Terrorists should have been caught though.

I just went through Isl airport a couple of days back! Security is pretty tight in that place, especially with the PAF, SPD, MoD facilities nearby.

It's been a year that only ticket holding passengers and relatives are allowed through. But to think of it, buying a ticket for 16k is no big deal considering that terrorists spend millions in prep of the attack.

Are there no roadblocks near the airport.. Even if they sped away from the airport, they should have been stopped at multiple checkpoints that encircle the airports in this part of the world

Khaki pant, black shirt or black pant/shirt or similar accessories can be bought from any garment store .. not necessarily a military store.

Thats why a barcode must be printed or engraved and connected with centralized database...

Sadly almost all the Pakistani's in power and authority are too busy making illegal money and usurping power and they are not at all bothered about the rest of the Pakistani's so its no surprise that a small group of well motivated and apparently well trained and financed militants can virtually hold the entire country hostage and strike its citizens and even highly defended installations at will.

Rather than feeling jubilant about supposedly stopping this attack shouldn't we be more concerned about stopping the militants once and for all? Oh yeah before I get ahead of that supposition shouldn't the country first even recognize and admit that there is a militant problem in the first place?

Kudos to the airport security staff.

This would have been a massive disaster had the terrorists been able to get in.

ISLAMABAD: Thirty-two people were arrested on Thursday during a search operation carried out by Islamabad Police in parts of the federal capital.

The police conducted the operation as US Secretary of State John Kerry was visiting the capital for meetings with the country's top civil and military leadership.

Along with arresting 32 people, the police also apprehended 48 beggars from parts of the city and also seized 135 motorbikes and seven cars which were either unregistered or lacking in requisite paperwork.

While a number of search operations have been carried out in the city in the recent past, today’s action can also likely be in relation to Kerry’s visit, who has already shortened his stay in Pakistan due to security reasons.

Kerry had originally planned to spend a few days in the country, but is now expected to spend only a day in the capital.

Diplomatic sources had told Dawn Monday’s attack on a prison in Dera Ismail Khan contributed to the decision to reduce Kerry’s stay in Islamabad.

The city houses the Presidency, the Parliament and the Supreme Court and authorities in the past have also claimed to have foiled attacks on the Parliament which lies adjacent to Aiwan-i-Sadr.

Islamabad has also witnessed terrorist attacks in the past, among which the bombing targeting the Marriott Hotel remains the most well-known.

They cant catch terrorist out in the open but can catch 32 people walking the wrong way or beggars. :omghaha:.

The contents of the threat alert based on a secret report, revealed that terrorists of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) were planning to carry out attacks on PAF base Chaklala and Benazir Bhutto International airport in the lines of Mehran base.

According to the report, the attackers had already carried out a reconnaissance of PAF with the help of guests and labourers at the base. It also said that some local employees were collaborating with terrorists, while weapons and ammunition would be concealed using cargo companies and agencies.

Another intelligence report was also forwarded to the police, LEAs, ASF and other concerned authorities revealing that terrorist plan to carry out terrorist attacks against Chaklala Air Base and Benazir Bhutto International Airport in near future.

One this was a try run and real attack is in the making second why is the Air force using outside unsecured personals for work on the BASE.

FOILED my a$$ .. it was lucky day for the security as militants over heard the conversation and took off or their would have been carnage if they wanted to attack.
But if they were a suicide squad then why did they take off? They should have gone in and completed the job by blowing themselves up inside. So, they weren't a suicide squad after all! Perhaps this op was just for spreading fear?

Back
Top Bottom