What's new

Militant ploy to attack Benazir Airport, Chaklala Base foiled

If that was the intention then they would have done that outside the airport and would have tried to force their way in....isnt it?

I might be over confident but ASF at ISB is no joke, very serious guys and well trained guys, though am not sure how willing are they to die for the country.and before terrorists could get out of the parking, most of them would have been dead. Thats why you see them entering in a normal way.
I believe the idea was to enter the airport, stop in the drop lane next to rawal longue and there onwards keep blowing up the grenades and make your way in.
Had they launched the attack from outer gate, they would have no cover in parking lot

The cops would have realised it later...the militants were dressed as cops - one wouldnt expect cops to sshoot at cops in a public place and without knowing whether they were cops or not to begin with. A major incident was averted but the failure happened in follow up action when they dissolved into the city. They seem to have considerable local support where they dissappeared with their vehicles and that should be a cause of worry for you.

My dear before they could do that it would have been too late already, as i said the idea was to get inside the premises and get closer to the building

Foiled is such a hard word .. Rescheduled would have been correct.

The cops would have realised it later...the militants were dressed as cops - one wouldnt expect cops to sshoot at cops in a public place and without knowing whether they were cops or not to begin with. A major incident was averted but the failure happened in follow up action when they dissolved into the city. They seem to have considerable local support where they dissappeared with their vehicles and that should be a cause of worry for you.

Exactly,the way they dissolved or disappeared is worrying,such a big lapse.

My dear before they could do that it would have been too late already, as i said the idea was to get inside the premises and get closer to the building

I was replying to the scenario when the militants hightailed it once they were prevented entry, the cops would have realised it later that they werent real cops and were infact militants.

The search operation did not yield any result..has it? if not then they were successful in dissolving into the city with their vehicles and this is where some local support would have come into play.

The whole planning, coordination etc would have taken place within the city where there probably are a number of cells. They wouldnt have driven down from the hills for this. There have to have been people within the city to have first operationalise it and secondly to have hidden them successfully after they escaped - and this is a worrying factor for you.

I was replying to the scenario when the militants hightailed it once they were prevented entry, the cops would have realised it later that they werent real cops and were infact militants.

The search operation did not yield any result..has it? if not then they were successful in dissolving into the city with their vehicles and this is where some local support would have come into play.

The whole planning, coordination etc would have taken place within the city where there probably are a number of cells. They wouldnt have driven down from the hills for this. There have to have been people within the city to have first operationalise it and secondly to have hidden them successfully after they escaped - and this is a worrying factor for you.

As i have said, coming from or going back to Cant would have been a BIG mistake, as Chaklala Garrison is just 2 KM away from it (where COAS, DG MI, HQ SPD) is, and most of the time is heavy presence of Military there. so no way in hell they would do that unless they would like to get shot at with no success under the belt.

They took the way going straight out of the city, The main expressway is only 1km from Airport , once on expressway, which ever way you go, take right / left at the next signal and you are out of the city (and somewhere in a village) and I doubt any police will be looking for them over their.

It is more of a common sense

This some how seems to be a dry run, however its good that the security personnel were strictly following orders and averted possible attack.

As i have said, coming from or going back to Cant would have been a BIG mistake, as Chaklala Garrison is just 2 KM away from it (where COAS, DG MI, HQ SPD) is, and most of the time is heavy presence of Military there. so no way in hell they would do that unless they would like to get shot at with no success under the belt.

They took the way going straight out of the city, The main expressway is only 1km from Airport , once on expressway, which ever way you go, take right / left at the next signal and you are out of the city (and somewhere in a village) and I doubt any police will be looking for them over their.

It is more of a common sense

Oh ok, so they had a direct route out of the city which was close by then.

Exactly,the way they dissolved or disappeared is worrying,such a big lapse.

The delay in reaction time is what you should look into more seriously.

One more thing, there was advance information of a possible attack, so why were no armed checkposts put up surrounding the airport area?

Oh ok, so they had a direct route out of the city which was close by then.

Correct- TTP stooges will never go in like that, you can look at previous locations of attacks, almost every facility / base which was attacked had Main highway closeby. you can look it up on google maps and you will see what i am talking about.
I live in Rawalpindi cantt, going to airport is like a daily thing, so i know these things

The delay in reaction time is what you should look into more seriously.

One more thing, there was advance information of a possible attack, so why were no armed checkposts put up surrounding the airport area?

This is what am I saying Mr.Rain,the reason of their immediate invisibility is slow response of our police,which means that how much lapses lies within our security,and how much we need to do homework in this regard.

This is what am I saying Mr.Rain,the reason of their immediate invisibility is slow response of our police,which means that how much lapses lies within our security,and how much we need to do homework in this regard.
Yar there were Security checkpoints on entering and exiting Islamabad, but thanks to Mr. Ch. Nisar Minister of Interior, those pickets/ checkpoints were removed, as it was causing traffic jam and queues

Yar there were Security checkpoints on entering and exiting Islamabad, but thanks to Mr. Ch. Nisar Minister of Interior, those pickets/ checkpoints were removed, as it was causing traffic jam and queues

He can reduce them,why the hell he removed it entirely,what a fool:hitwall:

It turned out lucky this time round that nothing untoward happened at the capitals airport, but one should learn from mistakes and not count on luck the next time round.

US def secretary is in your capital, imagine the international scenario if the miliants had been successful in a bomb blast there.

complete and utter intel failure. Lanat on the intel agencies, you lot are shites. Lanat on your lazy working ethics and lanat on your total ineptitude. If you don't have the brains then give the job to someone else. In a country as large as ours with millions of people in the security business we can only produce ****. We are the laughing stock of the world and some of us idiots even believe we can take on the yanks freaking jokes.

Lanats all around.

Back
Top Bottom