Mike Pompeo calls for global coalition to 'push back' against China

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Tuesday 21 July 2020 4:12 pm

US secretary of state Mike Pompeo has called for “every nation” to form a coalition to “push back” against China at a press conference today in London.

Pompeo took aim at Chinese leader Xi Jinping, saying that his government’s “exploitation of [the coronavirus] disaster to further its own interests has been disgraceful”, while also calling China a “bully”.

The secretary of state admonished Beijing for its imposition of draconian security laws in Hong Kong, for building military bases in the contested South China Sea and for its recent skirmish with India on the Kashmiri border.

Pompeo fronted the press conference alongside foreign secretary Dominic Raab, who he thanked for the UK’s recent moves to ban Huawei from its 5G network and place new sanctions on Hong Kong.

America’s top diplomat called for global cooperation, including from the UK, in censuring China for its recent actions.

“You can’t go make claims for maritime regions that you’ve got no lawful claim to, you can’t threaten and bully countries in the Himalayas, you can’t engage in cover-ups and co-opt world institutions like the World Health Organisation,” he said.

“We want every nation to work together to push back against the Chinese Communist Party in every dimension I described here today and that certainly includes the UK, it includes every country.

“We hope we can build out a coalition that understands this and will work collectively to convince the Chinese Communist Party it’s not in there best interests to engage in this kind of behaviour.”

Pompeo’s trip to London comes just a week after the UK banned Huawei from having any further part in building local 5G infrastructure from the end of this year, while also vowing to remove all existing components by 2027.

The government has said the decision was made after new US sanctions on the Chinese telecoms giant meant that the UK’s security agencies could no longer guarantee safety.

The US claims that Huawei is used by the Chinese state to conduct cyber-espionage, a claim the company denies.

Raab was asked today if the real reason behind the ban was because of US strongarm tactics over the past several months.

https://www.cityam.com/mike-pompeo-calls-for-coalition-to-push-back-against-china/

Since when US has become such an insecure little girl? US has completely lost it.

war is coming, that much is guaranteed. I think China’s leaders insular attitudes and lack of understanding of foreign nations have caused them to severely miscalculate the Anglo’s obsession with maintaining primacy.

Covid 19 had a very bad impact on the consumers .my 6 year old nephew gets scared if we tell him the toy he is playing is made in China .now if he wants some thing and we don't want to buy it ,all we have to tell him is ,it's made in China .

Covid 19 had a very bad impact on the consumers .my 6 year old nephew gets scared if we tell him the toy he is playing is made in China .now if he wants some thing and we don't want to buy it ,all we have to tell him is ,it's made in China .
Good brainwashing boycotting China campaign by India, down to the very little children, credits where credits due.

Tuesday 21 July 2020 4:12 pm

US secretary of state Mike Pompeo has called for “every nation” to form a coalition to “push back” against China at a press conference today in London.

Pompeo took aim at Chinese leader Xi Jinping, saying that his government’s “exploitation of [the coronavirus] disaster to further its own interests has been disgraceful”, while also calling China a “bully”.

The secretary of state admonished Beijing for its imposition of draconian security laws in Hong Kong, for building military bases in the contested South China Sea and for its recent skirmish with India on the Kashmiri border.

Pompeo fronted the press conference alongside foreign secretary Dominic Raab, who he thanked for the UK’s recent moves to ban Huawei from its 5G network and place new sanctions on Hong Kong.

America’s top diplomat called for global cooperation, including from the UK, in censuring China for its recent actions.

“You can’t go make claims for maritime regions that you’ve got no lawful claim to, you can’t threaten and bully countries in the Himalayas, you can’t engage in cover-ups and co-opt world institutions like the World Health Organisation,” he said.

“We want every nation to work together to push back against the Chinese Communist Party in every dimension I described here today and that certainly includes the UK, it includes every country.

“We hope we can build out a coalition that understands this and will work collectively to convince the Chinese Communist Party it’s not in there best interests to engage in this kind of behaviour.”

Pompeo’s trip to London comes just a week after the UK banned Huawei from having any further part in building local 5G infrastructure from the end of this year, while also vowing to remove all existing components by 2027.

The government has said the decision was made after new US sanctions on the Chinese telecoms giant meant that the UK’s security agencies could no longer guarantee safety.

The US claims that Huawei is used by the Chinese state to conduct cyber-espionage, a claim the company denies.

Raab was asked today if the real reason behind the ban was because of US strongarm tactics over the past several months.

https://www.cityam.com/mike-pompeo-calls-for-coalition-to-push-back-against-china/

China never bombed Afghanistan , Iraq , Syria e.t.c . China is becoming world power , these statements are just evidence of China success . Pakistan fully supports One China policy :pakistan::china:

But we still bow down to China. 1.4 Billion people living with Stockholms Syndrome is an unprecedented achievement by CPC. Credit where credit is due.
We surely know who live with Stockholms Syndrome, You guys had been living under foreign colonial rule for too long, it gets into your blood.

But we still bow down to China. 1.4 Billion people living with Stockholms Syndrome is an unprecedented achievement by CPC. Credit where credit is due.

Given a chance, I am pretty sure at least 90% of Indian will choose to leave the world's largest democracy of India to immigrate to China.

I do not know what Stockholm Syndrome is and I do not care to know. But I know that Indian in general is pretty brainwashed (and easy to be brainwashed thank to low IQ), while Chinese are pragmatist.

When Covid-19 peaked in China some months ago, an Indian friend of mine (he got a Ph.D) told me that the Chinese rounded up all patients in Wuhan and killed them by gun fire. I was very surprised because he was not of anti-China type. So I just shrugged off. I supposed that he really believed the story.

Last edited:
war is coming, that much is guaranteed. I think China’s leaders insular attitudes and lack of understanding of foreign nations have caused them to severely miscalculate the Anglo’s obsession with maintaining primacy.
In that case no nation would ever progress because it doesn't suit the Anglos.
What would you have had the Chinese do?
Stay a backward poor nation just because it doesn't suit America?

Doesn't make sense though. America top the charts in COVID19, you Indians are going to keep yourself away from America, Americans and "Made in America" stuff?

Since when US has become such an insecure little girl? US has completely lost it.

US wants the "world" to push back China but embrace the B52 delivered democracy.

More election drama from trump. he will keep acting tough until Nov 5. If he win he will sign trade 2 deal with china and then throw other countries under the bus.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom