What's new

MiGs make a comeback – at sea

I do support the idea of the Indian Navy acquiring another 30 Mig29K

And scrap the NLCA

Mig29K will remain superior to LCA
Given the small confines of an aircraft carrier
Mig29K packs a more formidable punch
While I support acquiring more Mig-29Ks too but why scrap Indigenous NLCA? Keep developing it irrespective of more 29Ks as experience of developing a naval variant will be invaluable with future projects( read NAMCA)

While I support acquiring more Mig-29Ks too but why scrap Indigenous NLCA? Keep developing it irrespective of more 29Ks as experience of developing a naval variant will be invaluable with future projects( read NAMCA)

Indian Navy Doesn't require more than 5 Sqds of STOBAR fighters
Given the fact that INS Vikramaditya and INS Vikrant can only operate 24-30 Fighters each
So 75 Mig29K Fighters are enough to ensure both carriers have enough aircrafts

Instead of Spending 2.3 Billion USD in acquiring 46 NLCA, I would rather spend 1.5 Billion on 30 Mig29K and be done with it

The money saved could help in purchasing much needed ASW Helis

Indian Navy Doesn't require more than 5 Sqds of STOBAR fighters
Given the fact that INS Vikramaditya and INS Vikrant can only operate 24-30 Fighters each
So 75 Mig29K Fighters are enough to ensure both carriers have enough aircrafts

Instead of Spending 2.3 Billion USD in acquiring 46 NLCA, I would rather spend 1.5 Billion on 30 Mig29K and be done with it

The money saved could help in purchasing much needed ASW Helis

Is there any rule that STOBAR fighter plane could not be airborne from the CATOBAR except certification.

Why NLCA -- Because Carrier version is different that the IAF version, and experience and tech. is required to develop one, which can give imense support and help in the future project say N-AMCA.

1.5 Billion ?? Really did you added the development cost paid by India, with the Carrier purchased from the Russia, and the spares, and operation cost, and future upgrades cost which will be charged by the respective OEM i.e MIG say the AESA upgrade, and comparing with the NLCA which navy will acquire with Development cost. The offshoot and the tech. would benifit IAF also, and most important India.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom