ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Reference:
China's new 42-km sea-bridge is world's largest - World - CBC News

DID I MENTION ITS BUILT ON SEA

:china::china::china::china:
China has opened the world's longest cross-sea bridge.

The Jiaozhou Bay bridge is 42 kilometres long and links China's eastern port city of Qingdao to an offshore island, Huangdao.

State-run CCTV says the 35-metre-wide bridge is the longest of its kind and cost about $1.5 billion Cdn.

CCTV says the bridge passed construction appraisals on Monday and the bridge and an undersea tunnel opened to traffic on Thursday.

It has taken four years to build the bridge, which is supported by more than 5,000 pillars.

According to the Guinness World Records book, the previous record-holder for a bridge over water is the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in

What was the point of adding "while USA crumbles"

USA built 38 KM bridge back in the 1950's:lol:

=======================================

Here's some pics Imran Bhai

li-620-sea-bridge-cp-009123.jpg

346965-jiaozhou-bay-bridge.gif

jiaozhou-bay-bridge-03.jpg

jiaozhou-bay-bridge-04.jpg

jiaozhou-bay-bridge-07.jpg

There was no need to add US crumbles ! US had their infrastructure in place 50 years ago ! Asia is catching up 50 years later !

Stop dragging the U.S. into this please. Thread titles like these remind me of TOI articles which drag China into the discussion despite the fact that China has nothing to do with those articles.

I agree... let's laud the Chinese bridge and admire the impressive progress they have made.

It's not a competition, as so many believe. All of humanity should be elevated through construction and improved infrastructure, like transportation, agriculture, potable water, etc.

I agree... let's laud the Chinese bridge and admire the impressive progress they have made.

It's not a competition, as so many believe. All of humanity should be elevated through construction and improved infrastructure, like transportation, agriculture, potable water, etc.

Lol thanks GOD gambit is not here otherwise he would have been persisting with copycat, imitation and low quality stuff

Its a comparison , perhaps to mind set of Chinese and Americans

While china is all business building roads , dams , economy America has decided it wants to be security guard of world and its infrastructure is crumbling

The bridge is symbolic sign of what China can do , because its people put the idea on paper and made it to reality unlike congress which can't even decided on how to pay its debt of 14 trillion dollars

While NASA operations are being cut short people being laid off , China is on its way up and Trip to moon and a colony there is a possibility

Imagine what 14 TRILLION DOLLARS could have build ... may be a bridge from USA to Karachi
or perhaps a moon base or a colony to extract fuel from Moon surface to fuel humanity for ages to come (Moon has high deposits of energy source)

14 Trillion Dollars WASTED meanwhile chinese are doing what they always do they are building a future

Nothing short of Bridge of Dreams
li-620-sea-bridge-cp-009123.jpg

Imagine the "revenue generated and money saved instead of shipping now items can move at enormous speeds"

China has ambitious plans also to connect to Bangladesh and Pakistan and to Gulf and it shows their progressive thinking while US is intent to disrespect all Asians

This bridge looks like a Magnificent DRAGON flying over clouds 42 KM big

Vs American bridge again it was great in 1900 but clearly chinese bridge shows the gap between super power china and America (soon to be 5 smaller states)

california-golden-gate-bridge.jpg

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (CBBT) is a 23-mile (37 km) long fixed link crossing the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and connecting the Delmarva Peninsula's Eastern Shore of Virginia with Virginia Beach and the metropolitan area of Hampton Roads, Virginia. It replaced vehicle ferry services which operated from South Hampton Roads and from the Virginia Peninsula from the 1930s until completion of the bridge-tunnel in 1964.

The bridge-tunnel originally combined 12 miles (19 km) of trestle, two 1-mile (1.6 km) long tunnels, four artificial islands, two high-level bridges, approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) of causeway, and 5.5 miles (8.9 km) of approach roads—crossing the Chesapeake Bay and preserving traffic on the Thimble Shoals and Chesapeake shipping channels. The system remains one of only eight bridge-tunnel systems in the world, three of which are located in Hampton Roads, Virginia.

Since it opened, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel has been crossed by more than 100 million vehicles.[2] The CBBT complex carries U.S. Route 13, the main north–south highway on Virginia's Eastern Shore, and, as part of the East Coast's longstanding Ocean Highway, provides the only direct link between Virginia's Eastern Shore and South Hampton Roads regions, as well as an alternate route to link the Northeast and points in between with Norfolk and the Carolinas. The bridge-tunnel saves motorists 95 miles (153 km) and 1½ hours on a trip between Virginia Beach/Norfolk and points north and east of the Delaware Valley without going through the traffic congestion in the Baltimore–Washington Metropolitan Area. The $12 toll is partially offset by some savings of tolls in Maryland and Delaware on I-95.

Financed by toll revenue bonds, the bridge-tunnel was opened on April 15, 1964.[1] It was officially named the Lucius J. Kellam Jr. Bridge-Tunnel in August 1987 after one of the civic leaders who had long worked for its development and operation. However, it continues to be best known as the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel.

From 1995 to 1999, at a cost of almost $200 million, the capacity of the above-water portion was increased to four lanes. An upgrade of the two-lane tunnels was proposed but has not been carried out.

Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note that this bridge-tunnel complex allows the USN deep water fleet, including aircraft carriers, to enter the naval bases at Norfolk and Hampton Roads. That is why some portion of the 37 Km was done as tunnel, to allow deep water shipping to pass over the vehicle traffic below. Note also that when this bridge-tunnel was completed, Mao Tse-tung was still starving the Chinese people and killing artists and university professors. So, yes, today's China is a vast improvement. To bad they wasted 50 years on a failed political system .....

Note that this bridge-tunnel complex allows the USN deep water fleet, including aircraft carriers, to enter the naval bases at Norfolk and Hampton Roads. That is why some portion of the 37 Km was done as tunnel, to allow deep water shipping to pass over the vehicle traffic below. Note also that when this bridge-tunnel was completed, Mao Tse-tung was still starving the Chinese people and killing artists and university professors. So, yes, today's China is a vast improvement. To bad they wasted 50 years on a failed political system .....

Yes your India is much better with its annual 2 million dead of starvation every year.

It was actually done while we were building nukes to stop your nuclear blackmail. Pretty worth it, so we have the freedom to build bridges today. Freedom ain't free, a famous expression from your far right KKK racist nation.

Yes your India is much better with its annual 2 million dead of starvation every year.

With all my posts and disclosures about myself you should know by now that I am an American born here in Virginia where I still live. I am not an Indian. Give it up ......

It was actually done while we were building nukes to stop your nuclear blackmail. Pretty worth it, so we have the freedom to build bridges today. Freedom ain't free, a famous expression from your far right KKK racist nation.

Well, China wasn't capable of building its own "nukes" in 1964. Chinese nuclear bomb technology came totally from Russia in the 1960's. In fact, Mao Tse-tung started the Korean War so as to set up a situation whereby Stalin would start to transfer nuclear fission technology to Red China, to "protect" China against the big bad Americans who resisted the take-over of South Korea. The Chinese have always been master imitators. I imagine, if one digs deep enough, that the design of the 41 Km bridge was stolen form some engineering firm in the West, probably by a Chinese hacker.

Well, China wasn't capable of building its own "nukes" in 1964. Chinese nuclear bomb technology came totally from Russia in the 1960's. In fact, Mao Tse-tung started the Korean War so as to set up a situation whereby Stalin would start to transfer nuclear fission technology to Red China, to "protect" China against the big bad Americans who resisted the take-over of South Korea. The Chinese have always been master imitators. I imagine, if one digs deep enough, that the design of the 41 Km bridge was stolen form some engineering firm in the West, probably by a Chinese hacker.

Unless you have something to back this up I'll regard as I regard all your other baseless conspiracy theories you seem to have by the the ton.

all you are capable is baseless accusations, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom