What's new

Mig-29k squadron to be called "black panthers"

If my info is not wrong IAF planes to upgrade them first then get more, I would go for these puppies instead of SU-30s, They are more rugged and can take a lot of punishment, While SU-30 is not rugged at all you have to take care of them like babies. This just tells us technology doesn't make our lives easier it makes it more complicated.

This MiG 29K is a completely different one. Its an evolution of the MiG 29M/M2 which initself is very different from the original MiG 29's. The difference not in terms of the subsystems but interms of the physical structure as well...from using composites to having different airframe size. Almost everything inside and a lot of things outside have been changed.

MiG 29K is also the version on which the MiG 35 is built.

The MiG 29K has also been customized by IAF like the Su-30MKI using a lot of third party equipment including Indian.

In the Video - Mig's seem to be emitting plenty of smoke from the engines, Is it similar in other carrier based aircrafts aswell ??

If my info is not wrong IAF planes to upgrade them first then get more, I would go for these puppies instead of SU-30s, They are more rugged and can take a lot of punishment, While SU-30 is not rugged at all you have to take care of them like babies. This just tells us technology doesn't make our lives easier it makes it more complicated.

LOL i wont be so sure about that if i were you, SU-30 are far more durable :cheers:

LOL i wont be so sure about that if i were you, SU-30 are far more durable :cheers:

Just out of curiosity, what are you basing your statement that the MKI is more reliable than the Mig on? If I were in your place, before disagreeing with MuradK, a war veteran pilot with thousands of hours of flying time, I would ask him why he thought the Su-30 was maintenance intensive.

Nothing personal, but the anonymity of the internet does not change the rules of etiquette such as respect for age and experience. Take this from a guy pushing 35:-)

Just out of curiosity, what are you basing your statement that the MKI is more reliable than the Mig on? If I were in your place, before disagreeing with MuradK, a war veteran pilot with thousands of hours of flying time, I would ask him why he thought the Su-30 was maintenance intensive.

Nothing personal, but the anonymity of the internet does not change the rules of etiquette such as respect for age and experience. Take this from a guy pushing 35:-)

Dont take me wrong, i respect experience and knowledge more than anyone else. But its become a habit here to criticize the MKI for no reason at all. I have worked with Sukhoi and have friends that work very closely with the SU-30 and all its derivatives. I dont have thousands of flying hours of experience but i have had many years of experience working with procurement especially spare parts inducstry. The SU-30 is by no extent any more labor intensive than the Migs, In fact the Sukhoi jets enjoy a much better reputation in the industry than the MIG's that have always been plagued by spare parts issues. The MKI’s excellent record and relative ease to get spare parts makes it in fact easier to maintain than the MIGs. It is a major reason why India is acquiring so many of these. The MOD is very impressed with the MKI flight to maintenance ratios and has given big praise to Sukhoi and HAL. I recognize sir Muradk's experience and salute his knowledge but the MKI has already been reduced to rubble in the forum for no apparent reason from what i have seen, and i am prepared to defend it because i do know what the MKI is capable of really by working with it for quite some time.

I will get some detailed maintenance comparisons within a day or two for you just to make my point.

Back
Top Bottom