What's new

MIG-27 crashes in WB

herakles

New Recruit

Reaction score
BY : centralchronicle
A MiG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in a tea garden near New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal on Friday but the pilot managed to eject safely. “The aircraft was on a routine training sortie from the Hashimara airbase and crashed at around 1310 hours, nearly 15 kilometres from its take off base near near New Jalpaiguri,” IAF officials said. The pilot, Flight Lieutenant Gautam managed to bailout safely before the aircraft crashed, they said. The IAF has ordered a Court of Inquiry to investigate the causes behind the crash, they said. This was the ninth accident involving an IAF aircraft this year.

MIG-27 crashes in WB idrw.org

dam ppl y dont u hurry up the mrca really time have shown its beating on russian equipment ...

My God,one crash every month,what went wrong with this one?

my pilot friend is whole day on facebook, orkut and chatting IMs with girls I always ask him when he sleeps and he flies Mirage 2000! these pilots have got lot of ladies attention after Rang De Basanti movie! and hardly they are paying attention to their job:woot::woot: Last time I read SU 30 MKI was crashed because one switch, pilot couldn't do something with it !! WTH crashed a 45+ million$ plane!

my pilot friend is whole day on facebook, orkut and chatting IMs with girls I always ask him when he sleeps and he flies Mirage 2000! these pilots have got lot of ladies attention after Rang De Basanti movie! and hardly they are paying attention to their job:woot::woot: Last time I read SU 30 MKI was crashed because one switch, pilot couldn't do something with it !! WTH crashed a 45+ million$ plane!

Do you really talk sense...

Yes there is acute problem in the IAF with respect to plane crashes in peace time. Nothing specific to Russian hardware but more towards ageing hardware and below par quality on upgrades...

Pilot errors do happen but very minimal percentage on the whole.

Mig21, Mig27, Jaguars need to be replaced urgently. We need to speed up the MRCA and LCA development. Also MCA needs to be materialized faster.

Next 10 years are crucial.

Do you really talk sense...

Yes there is acute problem in the IAF with respect to plane crashes in peace time. Nothing specific to Russian hardware but more towards ageing hardware and below par quality on upgrades...

Pilot errors do happen but very minimal percentage on the whole.

About 'switch' story read the news and about girls, see their profiles man they have only chicks as their friends and clicking pics infront of jet fighters wearing Aviator sunglasses from Ray Ban to impress chicks! dude this is from experience! when you indulge in such things, u loose sight of your goals! and I am not kidding!:sniper::sniper::cheers:

p.s -: I am not generalizing and blaming every pilot on above mentioned things

I really hope it's a bird strike or pilot error otherwise it shows incompedence amongst Indian ground crew, aircraft crash all of the time whether they are old or new but it seems like the IAF has an anusually high number of crashes; granted some have crashed due to pilot error and birdstrikes and older aircraft do have higher accident rates but if maintained properly they should not be crashing at the rate that they are.

Last edited:
About 'switch' story read the news and about girls, see their profiles man they have only chicks as their friends and clicking pics infront of jet fighters wearing Aviator sunglasses from Ray Ban to impress chicks! dude this is from experience! when you indulge in such things, u loose sight of your goals! and I am not kidding!:sniper::sniper::cheers:

p.s -: I am not generalizing and blaming every pilot on above mentioned things

All fly boys are like that.

Thank God pilot ejected safely, he is thousand times more worth than the machine.

Mig21, Mig27, Jaguars need to be replaced urgently. We need to speed up the MRCA and LCA development. Also MCA needs to be materialized faster.

Next 10 years are crucial.

Add sea harrier to that list. All these old junks and their knock off parts sourced from Ukraine etc (post- ussr countires) needs to be discarded.

Back
Top Bottom