What's new

MIG-27 crashes in WB

About 'switch' story read the news and about girls, see their profiles man they have only chicks as their friends and clicking pics infront of jet fighters wearing Aviator sunglasses from Ray Ban to impress chicks! dude this is from experience! when you indulge in such things, u loose sight of your goals! and I am not kidding!:sniper::sniper::cheers:

p.s -: I am not generalizing and blaming every pilot on above mentioned things

Dude! I have as many friends out there and when it comes to professionalism they are at par with the best. Your comments are in the end shows how ridiculous your comment is. Accidents do happen due to various reasons and stop being a moral moron.

The two SU-30MKI crahses ....

A Su-30MKI aircraft crashed on 30 April 2009 in the Pokhran region of Rajasthan after it took off from Pune during its routine sortie, killing one of its two pilots. Defence minister A K Antony, had held that the April 30 crash was due to "a likely failure of the fly-by-wire system". The Sukhoi fleet had then been grounded for around three weeks. However it was found that this crash at Rajmathai village, around 170 km from Jaisalmer, in April was because of the position of the various critical switches of the aircraft. The switches were behind the pilots and they would have to turn them on and off without looking back. At one point, a wrong switch was turned on, leading to the crash on April 30. Wing Commander PS Nara was killed in the mishap, while Wing Commander SV Munje was injured. After investigators identified the problem, a couple of difficult switches were sealed off.

Another Su-30MKI aircraft crashed on 30 November 2009 in Jathegaon, about 40 km from Jaisalmer. The pilots ejected after they saw fire alarm buttons glowing red. Both the pilots are unharmed. This is second such crash of this fighter. The Sukhoi mishaps have come as a setback to the 12 year safety record IAF had achieved with the aircraft which was inducted into the force in 1996. As a result the entire fleet of Su-30MKIs was grounded while the cause of the problem was investigated.

The first crash was a pilot error no doubt and is being taken care off subsequently. The second is an Engine failure.

Mig21, Mig27, Jaguars need to be replaced urgently.

We need to speed up the MRCA and LCA development.

Also MCA needs to be materialized faster.

I think you need to calm down man. :P Jag/m21/m27 makes 80 percent of your present fighter fleet , so whats your plan for replacing them urgently ? MRCA is not yet even finalised and as far as for LCA, well who knows if its even worth its salt. :azn: still its no way near getting operational

so basically IAF is stuck with the junk for many many years more that is still flying around and making holes in ground. feel sorry for your pilots though.

why sad
good news

Yes Good news to us as these birds will be down and the MMRCA purchase can be expedited. As long as the pilot is safe and sound its real good news.

One more fuselage will be available and seen in the traffic islands of the metros :)

I think you need to calm down man. :P Jag/m21/m27 makes 80 percent of your present fighter fleet , so whats your plan for replacing them urgently ? MRCA is not yet even finalised and as far as for LCA, well who knows if its even worth its salt. :azn: still its no way near getting operational

so basically IAF is stuck with the junk for many many years more that is still flying around and making holes in ground. feel sorry for your pilots though.

You know what... This is junk is more than enough for PAF.... :) yes PLAF is a different ball game which is why all this urgency. So you can keep dreaming off till then.

You know what... This is junk is more than enough for PAF.... :) yes PLAF is a different ball game which is why all this urgency. So you can keep dreaming off till then.

Boy,

They are more than enough if they ever take off and reach into Pakistan Airspace successfully. By the time these Migs arrive, half of them would have been lost over Tea/Cotton/Wheat fields.

Another plane crash? That's just too much. Admit it.

what do u mean by taken care off subsequently ? :undecided: plz explain

The switches which were not necessary during normal ops have been disabled. This was in recommendation from the Sukhoi crash probe team from Sukhoi Corporation itself

enough for PAF ? :cheesy: yes the way you guys are throwing this junk everyday in your backyard i am sure it wll be enough for your pilots too :angel: :angel:

i hope not, but next time when a mig goes down with its seat occupied, i hope you have the cheeks to say the same thing again. :coffee: :smokin:

Boy,

They are more than enough if they ever take off and reach into Pakistan Airspace successfully. By the time these Migs arrive, half of them would have been lost over Tea/Cotton/Wheat fields.

Kido...

Birds crashing is not a good sign at all whatsoever. I was just replying to some mindless post. Please read it with context.

Yes there is systemic failure on part of IAF management and the Political management on this regard which has to be corrected at all cost.

Still these birds are good enough to keep air dominance on your air space with the collective mission ops. You can check with someone in PAF about this. Why is Pakistan not having a no first use nuclear doctrine. India and China do have it. This answers it all.

IAF may not cope up with PLAF with its current configurations is a fact.

India hasn't crashed any aircraft in the last 4 months I think. This is the first one after loooooooong time. I feel their rate of crash is rather on decline now.

India hasn't crashed any aircraft in the last 4 months I think. This is the first one after loooooooong time. I feel their rate of crash is rather on decline now.

I believe the last crash was on Feb 17 2010 again a Mig 27. It was fatal to the pilots in the same sector.

Not so rosy for the IAF in terms of ageing hardware. Next few years going to be too critical. This is a result of the mistakes done in the 90s by the administration.

There you go, drag Pakistan into it again.

Digression doesn't make your troubles evaporate into thin air.

BTW, it's good the pilot survived.

Boy,

first think then write anything :smokin:

have you ever think how powerful will be indian force in future

MMRCA
rafale
rafale.jpg

LCA

SU30
su30_redflag_3_20080808.jpg

PAK-FA
SU_PAKFA_pic_9.jpg

F35
F-35.jpg