What's new

Mig 27 crashes in Jodhpur

I think it is from the 10 Squadron 'Daggers' ...

Thought you have that power of the Moderation
limited powers :)
The threads can be merged by the people i mentioned, hopefully it will be done soon along with some serious cleaning operation.

shame it crashed but on the good side no one died or was injured either on the ground or the pliots which is what mattered.

these birds are very old and need to be phased out. but delays in procurment will force the iaf to extend the life of the birds. this type of bird was to be replaced by the lca

@GURU DUTT
I rated the post to get your attention but then decided against it, better to tag you here so others can see.

Your response to post#2 is pure and simple trolling and flaming. Look what those stupid remarks of yours have done to this thread and i am quite certain that it was on purpose as it is a regular happening. He simple made a mistake, called it an Su, all that was required was to correct him and it would have proceeded on track. However you, the over smart kind you are, thought of it as a conspiracy against IAF Su's and just jumped on it with the same old troll.flaming attitude.

While i am removing the rating, i will call in the moderators to clear some of the mess started by you and contributed to by Indian and Pakistani members alike

@Slav Defence @HRK @WAJsal @Oscar
I beg to differ sir. The Pakistani poster did mentioned the crash rate of sukhois in this thread and when asked for a proof he/she posted a news of a Russian su-27 crash of last month. If he/she was making a genuine mistake then should have rectified it instead of posting a news of a RAF crash in this thread.

I beg to differ sir. The Pakistani poster did mentioned the crash rate of sukhois in this thread and when asked for a proof he/she posted a news of a Russian su-27 crash of last month. If he/she was making a genuine mistake then should have rectified it instead of posting a news of a RAF crash in this thread.

Since it concerns you, i feel obligated to tag you @GURU DUTT

@litefire , Well fortunately/unfortunately all that garbage have now been deleted otherwise you could have seen it for yourself. It was third or fourth post on the thread, perhaps the first by a Pakistan and he said that "The rate of Su crash have gone up recently" All that was required was a correction that the plane that crashed was a Mig and NOT a SU fighter. Further one could ask for the reasons what make him believe him the that "the crash rate have gone up" THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for the flaming and trolling that came afterwards. It was done innocently, just a remark here and there but that is where it all started and just ruined the whole thread. Unfortunately, this is not the first time either and thus the strong criticism. I am explaining myself again just in an attempt to make other members know what actually went wrong here and try to save others threads from getting derailed in the same way.

@litefire , Well fortunately/unfortunately all that garbage have now been deleted otherwise you could have seen it for yourself. It was third or fourth post on the thread, perhaps the first by a Pakistan and he said that "The rate of Su crash have gone up recently" All that was required was a correction that the plane that crashed was a Mig and NOT a SU fighter. Further one could ask for the reasons what make him believe him the that "the crash rate have gone up" THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for the flaming and trolling that came afterwards. It was done innocently, just a remark here and there but that is where it all started and just ruined the whole thread. Unfortunately, this is not the first time either and thus the strong criticism. I am explaining myself again just in an attempt to make other members know what actually went wrong here and try to save others threads from getting derailed in the same way.
with all deu respect sir it was "not done innocently" it was done on purpose to flame bait and troll and when i asked him for the links he first started giving example of crashes in russia instead of oppologisisng and you sir dint said anything despite me reporting it but were trigger happy against me .... so much for debate .... cheers mate

I do agree with you sir that the posts that came after could have been avoided. When I came into this thread I felt obliged to correct the poster when I saw him mentioning the crash rate of su instead of migs but then I saw a month old news in the later post about the RAF's su crash. If one agrees that the poster is genuinely concerned about the crash rates of su I do not see the need of mentioning it in a thread of half a century old migs crash or even if the said poster was interested in disscussing the topic then he/she should have clarified it as it would have been a nice debate on the forum.

with all deu respect sir it was "not done innocently" it was done on purpose to flame bait and troll and when i asked him for the links he first started giving example of crashes in russia instead of oppologisisng and you sir dint said anything despite me reporting it but were trigger happy against me .... so much for debate .... cheers mate
All in all it was a bad experience mate. Lets forget it and ensure that it never happens again.

shame it crashed but on the good side no one died or was injured either on the ground or the pliots which is what mattered.

these birds are very old and need to be phased out. but delays in procurment will force the iaf to extend the life of the birds. this type of bird was to be replaced by the lca

Not by LCA but by Jaguar Darin-3 and Combat Hawk. LCA would be meant to replace MIG-21.

13422271_1030903926947019_178728973175779531_o.jpg

Iaf Pilot being looked after by locals after crash at Jodhpur

Not by LCA but by Jaguar Darin-3 and Combat Hawk. LCA would be meant to replace MIG-21.
the darin-3 is an upgraded jagand the combat hawk is not even sutable enough to replace the jag. the lca would be perfect

the darin-3 is an upgraded jagand the combat hawk is not even sutable enough to replace the jag. the lca would be perfect

The best plane to replace MIG 27 is A-10 wathhog.
It was bad decission to acquire MIG 23 BN and its ground attack derivative MIG-27 and its Tsunami R29 aeroengine had serious design flaw told by senior IAF official several times. It would be nice if India would have opted for SU-25 instead.

Now coming back to your question,

1. Now a days the PGM and its Kit are available and are getting better and cheaper, so the bombs could be dropped from high altitude with high precission.

2. IAF is now giving the ground attack capabilties to its Air Superiority planes likd MIG-29 UPG, and Su 30 MKI which could target ground attack with long range cruise missiles, and GPS aided glide bombs.

3. Spice-250 type of PGM are now availalble, which could be loaded on the quad rack of combat hawk and Jaguar IS. What is needed for the combat hawk is the internal IFR on its nose. For jaguar IS, its the speed and the low flying capability thats makes it superior for the ground attack and pin point attack capability due to its NAVATTACK equipments on its nose even with the dump bombs.

4. To do the dirty work of the slow flying, and ground attack role, now a days UAV can be used, without the risk involved of the pilot life.

5. LCA on the otherhand is also capable of doing swingrole which it have demonstrated during ironfist exercise but since India need to replace 2 squardon of Mig 27 and 3 squardon of MIG 21 quickly, and HAL will take time to bring the production level to 16-24, the best option is Combat Hawk which HAL is developing with the BAE as JV for the global customer.

6. Darin-3 is the Upgrades of the avionics but there is one more critical upgrade which is left -- the engine, which will make Jaguar gives its service till 2030-35.

So am i hearing the same as reportedly this Mig-27 also did crash due to problem in engine and also there was only One pilot flying it.
Most MIG-27 crashed due to engine failure. MIG-27 is single pilot plane, except trainer version.

There have been engine problems with MiG-27, which no one has been able to rectify. Hence, IAF stopped upgrading it after two squadrons. Last year, IAF chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha had said all MIG-27s that had not been upgraded would be phased out in the next couple of years.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom