What's new

Mig 27 crashes in Jodhpur

waise how many such aircrafts need to be replaced by PAF and whats there current status and specially there crashes in last 5 years ?

Here is a detailed article on the replacement PAF is looking for.

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-air-force-needs-to-replace-190-planes-by-2020.425808/

We have had quite a few crashes of our Mirages lately and they are next in line to be replaced mainly with Thunder, some other new platform (details not available) and may be with few more F-16s (only time will tell).

Here is a detailed article on the replacement PAF is looking for.

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-air-force-needs-to-replace-190-planes-by-2020.425808/

We have had quite a few crashes of our Mirages lately and they are next in line to be replaced mainly with Thunder, some other new platform (details not available) and may be with few more F-16s (only time will tell).
i know all that you in your post number 19 said indian defnce minister had allegdelly said that IAF is going to replace all such planes in two three years please give me a link of that and dont jump topics ... Got IT :azn:

but what I read was an announcement in 2015 my Mr Parrikar that all such platforms would be phased out in next 2, 3 years.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/mig-27-crashes-in-jodhpur.434662/page-2#ixzz4BS2RwvoI

its not practically possible to replace all such planes in two three years and MP never said that please provide a link where he said so

I stand corrected: It wasnt Indian MP but IAF saying so.

http://www.defencenow.com/news/944/mig-27s-to-be-phased-out-by-2017-iaf.html

Also IAF Air Chief further highlighted that the non upgraded Mig-27s would be phased out:

"Last year, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said that all MIG-27s which have not been upgraded will be phased out in the next couple of years after the introduction of Rafale jets and the indigenously-built Light Combat Aircraft 'Tejas'."

Extract from
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/mig-27-crashes-in-jodhpur-pilots-safe-1418384

Thats why i asked that if induction of Rafale and Tejas is delayed then would these Migs be retired without being replaced or upgraded to some extent to keep them flying till a replacement arrives?

i know all that you in your post number 19 said indian defnce minister had allegdelly said that IAF is going to replace all such planes in two three years please give me a link of that and dont jump topics ... Got IT :azn:

I am not jumping around, rather trying to have a conversation in gentlemen's way and have provided U with link and sources. Do U get it now?

I stand corrected: It wasnt Indian MP but IAF saying so.

http://www.defencenow.com/news/944/mig-27s-to-be-phased-out-by-2017-iaf.html

Also IAF Air Chief further highlighted that the non upgraded Mig-27s would be phased out:

"Last year, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said that all MIG-27s which have not been upgraded will be phased out in the next couple of years after the introduction of Rafale jets and the indigenously-built Light Combat Aircraft 'Tejas'."

Extract from
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/mig-27-crashes-in-jodhpur-pilots-safe-1418384

Thats why i asked that if induction of Rafale and Tejas is delayed then would these Migs be retired without being replaced or upgraded to some extent to keep them flying till a replacement arrives?

I am not jumping around, rather trying to have a conversation in gentlemen's way and have provided U with link and sources. Do U get it now?
well i get it but still that is not possible not even for some rich european nation forget a nation like india ... and both MP and IAF chief say they plan to they havent said its done its in process but till that is done we have no choice but to use these platforms

and thing is russian engines are troublesome as russia has stopped manufacturing Mig27 , its engines and spares hence we are doing what we could

as for tejas and rafale they are in pipeline it will take time you cant just make a deal without proper paperwork and technicallities taken care of specially when you plan to buy and produce some 200+ jets

Mig-27s are long due for retirement. In case of delay for their replacement any structural up gradation planned for them?
On Topic: Wishing both pilots fast recovery from injuries if any.

MIG 27 engine have basic design defect, this is the reason for so many crashes.
One point of time IAF wanted to re-engine with AL-31F but shelved it due to uneconomical results. @Mil-Spec

MIG 27 engine have basic design defect, this is the reason for so many crashes.
One point of time IAF wanted to re-engine with AL-31F but shelved it due to uneconomical results. @Mil-Spec

So am i hearing the same as reportedly this Mig-27 also did crash due to problem in engine and also there was only One pilot flying it.

@GURU DUTT
I rated the post to get your attention but then decided against it, better to tag you here so others can see.

Your response to post#2 is pure and simple trolling and flaming. Look what those stupid remarks of yours have done to this thread and i am quite certain that it was on purpose as it is a regular happening. He simple made a mistake, called it an Su, all that was required was to correct him and it would have proceeded on track. However you, the over smart kind you are, thought of it as a conspiracy against IAF Su's and just jumped on it with the same old troll.flaming attitude.

While i am removing the rating, i will call in the moderators to clear some of the mess started by you and contributed to by Indian and Pakistani members alike

@Slav Defence @HRK @WAJsal @Oscar

@GURU DUTT
I rated the post to get your attention but then decided against it, better to tag you here so others can see.

Your response to post#2 is pure and simple trolling and flaming. Look what those stupid remarks of yours have done to this thread and i am quite certain that it was on purpose as it is a regular happening. He simple made a mistake, called it an Su, all that was required was to correct him and it would have proceeded on track. However you, the over smart kind you are, thought of it as a conspiracy against IAF Su's and just jumped on it with the same old troll.flaming attitude.

While i am removing the rating, i will call in the moderators to clear some of the mess started by you and contributed to by Indian and Pakistani members alike

@Slav Defence @HRK @WAJsal @Oscar
sure sure pleease clear the mess but have same tolerence for both trollers i was simply trying to stop trolling a good thread but then i know we are guests here but this is bullying & victimising indian posters ... Thanks in advance

Similarly it was the time, when India was not able to gets its spares and original parts because the parts suppliers werer distributed all along the former USSR parts.

As far as IAF is concerned we have a very compitent auditing authority named CAG, but in your case there is no such authority for which the data can be taken authentically.
When India had purchased it's MiGs, they took in-house production of these jets and/or their spares, no?.
Wasn't HAL supposed to make spares for these birds?.
It would've been utter incompetence if a purchase of this size without local production of spares.
As for competence of CAG, I have a tongue in cheek answer for that, but I'll let that go.

sure sure pleease clear the mess but have same tolerence for both trollers i was simply trying to stop trolling a good thread but then i know we are guests here but this is bullying & victimising indian posters ... Thanks in advance
YOU STARTED IT, Prove me wrong and i will just shut up and not bother you!
It was a simple mistake, the whole mess could have been avoided if you just simple pointed out the mistake but you couldn't because he was a Pakistani poster and you talk about tolerance.

THAT post of yours is where things got out of control and this is not the first occasion.

YOU STARTED IT, Prove me wrong and i will just shut up and not bother you!
It was a simple mistake, the whole mess could have been avoided if you just simple pointed out the mistake but you couldn't because he was a Pakistani poster and you talk about tolerance.

THAT post of yours is where things got out of control and this is not the first occasion.
no sir he started it by bringing sukhois in mig 27 thread but as always since we are guests here and you are hosts you are free to do that ... cheers mate

no sir he started it by bringing sukhois in mig 27 thread but as always since we are guests here and you are hosts you are free to do that ... cheers mate
It was simply a mistake dont you get that?
Not everything in Pakistan is conspiring against you man. He just took Mig fir SU, all that was required was to point out that mistake, period. Don't you think this would have been the right approach?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom