What's new

MiG-21s & F-7s Specifications & Capabilities

I dunno why they would want to test F-22 against F-7 o_O ?? maybe to test it's maneuverability compared to the F-22 ???

the radar is weaker than the Israeli one to be on Tejas and the Russia one on the Su-30 and the Super 30 will have an AESA radar.

I would say for every 5 F-7 shot down one would kill a more advance fighter :undecided:

F-22 would run out of missiles and have to skirt out.

Pakistan was the poor country that can't afford to send our latest F-16 or JF-17 on many occasional exercises, PAF always use old grandpa jets like F-7P and Mirages.

Pakistan was the poor country that can't afford to send our latest F-16 or JF-17 on many occasional exercises, PAF always use old grandpa jets like F-7P and Mirages.

it's not a bad platform, but third gen even upgraded I wouldn't expect miracles.

Question: Why are the Pakistani flags painted differently in PAF aircraft? Sometimes the white stripe is on the left and the Moon and star face toward the right (Which is correct), whereas in others the white stripe is on the right which is incorrect! Is this acceptable? Check it out in the images below:

White stripe on right, on flag painted on the tail.

Compare this to the flag on the tail of this F-7 below which is correct.

The Pakistani flag orientation.

So what's going on? Why are flags painted incorrectly on some aircraft? Should that be allowed? Doesn't it show disrespect if a flag of a country is displayed incorrectly?

it's not a bad platform, but third gen even upgraded I wouldn't expect miracles.

Indeed not bad platform.

Yeah, I am certain sure these F-7P jets would not be able to survive today's new air dogfights with latest models jets (F-16, Su-30, F-22, Typhoon, etc). It is urgent to phase them out or recycle.

B-SyEgfCEAEsVlA.jpg:large

broken nose ?

Indeed not bad platform.

Yeah, I am certain sure these F-7P jets would not be able to survive today's new air dogfights with latest models jets (F-16, Su-30, F-22, Typhoon, etc). It is urgent to phase them out or recycle.

B-SyEgfCEAEsVlA.jpg:large

broken nose ?
They will be eventually replaced with JF17 but for now they are good enough to supplement our F-16 and JF17 fleet.
They are our second line of air defence and they can also be used to overwhelm a bunch of intruders.

Question: Why are the Pakistani flags painted differently in PAF aircraft? Sometimes the white stripe is on the left and the Moon and star face toward the right (Which is correct), whereas in others the white stripe is on the right which is incorrect! Is this acceptable? Check it out in the images below:

So what's going on? Why are flags painted incorrectly on some aircraft? Should that be allowed? Doesn't it show disrespect if a flag of a country is displayed incorrectly?
Never noticed that before :D

I assume are you Indian? Please add flags on your profile.

It is normal practice and just different rotation. Let's look at KC-135

3-14030QU531.jpg

F-16s_Virginia_ANG_with_KC-135R_New_Hampshire_ANG_2005.JPEG

Is that disrespect??? No.

220px-US_flag_48_stars.svg.png

They will be eventually replaced with JF17 but for now they are good enough to supplement our F-16 and JF17 fleet.
They are our second line of air defence and they can also be used to overwhelm a bunch of intruders.

I know we have many old F-7P in our inventories but I just wish it should be replaced by J-10B few years ago!

J-10B_zps528b496d.jpg

220751gy5z435gym6r5r26.jpg.thumb.jpg

Last edited:
I assume are you Indian? Please add flags on your profile.

It is normal practice and just different rotation. Let's look at KC-135

3-14030QU531.jpg

F-16s_Virginia_ANG_with_KC-135R_New_Hampshire_ANG_2005.JPEG

Is that disrespect??? No.

220px-US_flag_48_stars.svg.png
Two wrongs don't make a right!! :azn:

Does that mean a country's flag can even be painted upside down with no questions asked? Strange.

I came across many folks on this forum who were doubting capabilities of F-7P and PG.This thread is meant to remove there backwardness.
These platforms have seen their heydays, some 30 or so years ago. With weaker fire control radar, inadequate ECM, lack of BVRAAM, and short legs they are hardly any relevant. Time to say good bye... for he's a jolly good fellow...

Depends on which side of the aircraft the flags are painted. The white stripe is towards the front of the aircraft.

It carries your flag on the tail.
Now the wind go through the jet.

Makes more sense now, dont it?

The F-7P is a potent defence fighter while the PG is a much more capable machine, sometimes described as poor man's F-16 and not without reason, apart from BVR capability, unlike other versions it has a double cranked delta feature with leading edge slats giving it outstanding manoeuvrability. Considering India still operates a large quantity of the likes of MiG-21s and Jaguars, F-7 is an ideal platform to counter these adversaries.

PAFPLANES.png

@Pulsar, It's very simple, the flag is painted in the mirror image.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom