What's new

Midrise Architecture in Dhaka Bangladesh

Where?

20-storied buildings cannot be called highrises dear, mid-rises would be a more appropriate term. And lets not bring Mumbai here, I mean seriously.

Where?

Aharay eishob comparison chharo-to. Who cares? Rajarhat-er chhobi dekhley bhalo hoi. But I don't know where everything is so I can't open thread myself.

Aharay eishob comparison chharo-to. Who cares? Rajarhat-er chhobi dekhley bhalo hoi. But I don't know where everything is so I can't open thread myself.

Ar thread khuila kam nai, ekhon bhalo thread banaite gprotita project er naam dhoira search korte hoibo, ei link gula dekhen, okhane metro hoitase ar LRT o aitase, chobigula ektu purano. Tobe Wiki link ta besh bhalo, tobe sob highrise deoya nai oi list e. @Maira La apnio dekhen.

List of tallest buildings in Kolkata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rajarhat new town high rises - Google Search

rajarhat new town photo gallery - Google Search

saltlake sector v high rises - Google Search

saltlake sector v photo gallery - Google Search

Last edited:
not photoshopped....these are 3D images designed on cad before executing the plan...

Ha ha......wohi to........that is what.......I mean......whatever.......errr.....any photu that is not clicked or sketched but made on a computer is Photoshopped for me!! :D

Last edited:
ARTB tower dhaka
artbtowerdhaka3.jpg

Concord Baksh Tower,Gulshan
ConcordBakshtowergulshan.png

Concord Modhumoti Plaza,Banani Road 11
concordmodhumotiplazabanani11.jpg

concordmodhumotiplazabanani11jpg2.png

Concord Police Plaza, Tejgaon-Gulshan Link Road(Re-designed)

concordpoliceplazagulshan.png
has the work been started on any one of the buildings above? esp this ARTB tower?

Ha ha......wohi to........that is what.......I mean......whatever.......errr.....any photu that is not clicked or sketched but made in a computer is Photoshopped for me!! :D
dude it drains one's energies while making it on cad and you are making fun of it:(

some nice designs....Bangladesh is progressing...otherwise i thought Bangz is all about fish and rice and boats floating in rivers and lakes!:what:

Post #18

20-storied buildings cannot be called highrises dear, mid-rises would be a more appropriate term. And lets not bring Mumbai here, I mean seriously.

Midrises or highrises, in both cases Dhaka is ahead of Kolkata. I'm not bringing Mumbai, I already said Mumbai is ahead of all by far.

Check the thread, many Indians have commented Dhaka has more highrises than Kolkata.

No, I didn't compare Kolkata there, I was just having a conversation with Bilal9, check the previous posts.

Midrises or highrises, in both cases Dhaka is ahead of Kolkata. I'm not bringing Mumbai, I already said Mumbai is ahead of all by far.

Check post # 77. That list didn't even mentioned 15-20 storied buildings there, because they are just too many, most residential complexes in Kolkata are at least midrise towers now to save on land cost.

Click here: List of tallest buildings in Kolkata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check the thread, many Indians have commented Dhaka has more highrises than Kolkata.

Mention post numbers here, or you can check the comments of those Indians in that thread who actually went to Dhaka and stayed there. I just don't want to spoil this thread by quoting them here, you also should not drag on this topic anymore. :)

No, I didn't compare Kolkata there, I was just having a conversation with Bilal9, check the previous posts.

It did seem like a comparison!

Check post # 77. That list didn't even mentioned 15-20 storied buildings there, because they are just too many, most residential complexes in Kolkata are at least midrise towers now to save on land cost.
Click here: List of tallest buildings in Kolkata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wiki is not a credible source, this sort of lists are either incomplete or exaggerated!

Mention post numbers here, or you can check the comments of those Indians in that thread who actually went to Dhaka and stayed there. I just don't want to spoil this thread by quoting them here, you also should not drag on this topic anymore.

post #233 is quite explicit! There are other comments where the Indians were praising the skyline of Dhaka over Kolkata.

Are you thinking of quoting Roybot and Labong? they are damn "neutral" I must say! :lol:

As I said ask any neutral person on this issue!

some nice designs....Bangladesh is progressing...otherwise i thought Bangz is all about fish and rice and boats floating in rivers and lakes!:what:
I will die for that otherwise scenario ...fish rice rivers boats!" damn with your progress

It did seem like a comparison!

It was not.

wiki is not a credible source, this sort of lists are either incomplete or exaggerated!

Not all Wiki pages are made by fanboys that lack credibility. This article is within the scope of WikiProject India, which aims to improve Wikipedia's coverage of India-related topics. That means this page is under the supervision of Wiki team. Check this:

Talk:List of tallest buildings in Kolkata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the projects are also there, I have visited many of them for personal/business purposes. :)

post #233 is quite explicit! There are other comments where the Indians were praising the skyline of Dhaka over Kolkata.

Are you thinking of quoting Roybot and Labong? they are damn "neutral" I must say! :lol:

As I said ask any neutral person on this issue!

This comment of hinduguy? "dhaka might be better than kolkata in bulidings and skyline but kolkata still has better human capital, by a large margin". He is always very diplomatic, even then he said "Might be", and then he mentioned about "Human capital". :)

This is one argument you are going to lose, and also the argument "Public transport system" of both the cities, it is better to leave it here. And if you don't like Roybot & LaBong who have visited Dhaka many times, you can ask Soms, he lived there for more than 2 years. :)

Not all Wiki pages are made by fanboys that lack credibility. This article is within the scope of WikiProject India, which aims to improve Wikipedia's coverage of India-related topics. That means this page is under the supervision of Wiki team. Check this:
Talk:List of tallest buildings in Kolkata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol:

Each and every article is within a scope of a particular "WikiProject", they are just worthless templates tagged on the "Talk" of each article.

And the projects are also there, I have visited many of them for personal/business purposes.

Don't tell me you rely on wiki to seek information for your business! They are not reliable dude.

This comment of hinduguy? "dhaka might be better than kolkata in bulidings and skyline but kolkata still has better human capital, by a large margin". He is always very diplomatic, even then he said "Might be", and then he mentioned about "Human capital".
This is one argument you are going to lose, and also the argument "Public transport system" of both the cities, it is better to leave it here. And if you don't like Roybot & LaBong who have visited Dhaka many times, you can ask Soms, he lived there for more than 2 years.

Yeah ... diplomatic... right!

Public transport system? I actually said Dhaka is the worst on this issue, but on highrises? miles ahead!

Yeah feel free to ask Roybot, Labong, Soms to post some pics of Kamalapur slums, if that soothes you! :tup:

:lol:

Each and every article is within a scope of a particular "WikiProject", they are just worthless templates tagged on the "Talk" of each article.

No it doesn't, there are topics that you cannot play with even in Wiki. Check again.

Don't tell me you rely on wiki to seek information for your business! They are not reliable dude.

I just said these buildings exist and I have gone to many of them, comprehension problem?

Search by the names of each of the projects mentioned in the list, you will find real images and information, let me know if you can't find any of those.

Yeah ... diplomatic... right!

Public transport system? I actually said Dhaka is the worst on this issue, but on highrises? miles ahead!

Yeah feel free to ask Roybot, Labong, Soms to post some pics of Kamalapur slums, if that soothes you! :tup:

Again, 20-storied max buildings are not high-rises, countless of such buildings are available not only in Kolkata, but even in smaller cities of WB like Durgapur, Asansol, etc. Check the photo links in post # 77.

I know you have this habit of stretching any topic endlessly unless you have the last post, maybe you think you "Win" in this manner, and exactly for this reason I will continue to stretch this argument as long as you don't stop, even though I am already bored now.

The Architectural miracle movement in Dhaka started in the 60's when Muzharul Islam, the official architect of East Pakistan brought in his teacher Louis I. Kahn to design the Parliament house for the 'Second Capital' as envisioned by Ayub Khan. That massive project (Parliament Complex) stands today as the mother of all modern architecture in Bangladesh, a seed of architectural good taste in Eastern South Asia. What you see today in Bangladesh is largely the handiwork of Muzharul Sir's students, viz. Rafiq Azam (Shatotto Architects) and Mustapha Khalid (Vistaara Architects) who are the standouts. Here are a few shots of Sangsad Bhaban (Parliament House). Louis Kahn used this project as a model to design the IIM Ahmedabad Campus and later, Salk Institute in La Jolla (San Diego), CA.

6808453605_93d3b29917_b.jpg

6808454973_cb7d017b1b.jpg

6252845402_d60daab6db_n.jpg

5727315571_0d520da00b_b.jpg

4071921290_83d040282b.jpg

8534795930_1497ab2b52.jpg

8533687875_1a34bddde3.jpg

Parliament.jpg

Ayub Khan was a good statesman ...

Last edited:
No it doesn't, there are topics that you cannot play with even in Wiki. Check again.

:hitwall:

Those certain topics cannot be edited by random users and can only edited by wiki editors, for example Bangladesh, you cannot edit it unless you are an established editor. The list on Kolkata buildings is definitely not among those important topics since any random guy can edit (try it yourself if you don't believe), the list is not even properly cited!

I just said these buildings exist and I have gone to many of them, comprehension problem?
Search by the names of each of the projects mentioned in the list, you will find real images and information, let me know if you can't find any of those.

May be you should first properly "comprehend" my post before replying me. Did I say they don't exist? I said this sort of wiki lists are either incomplete or exaggerated!

Again, 20-storied max buildings are not high-rises, countless of such buildings are available not only in Kolkata, but even in smaller cities of WB like Durgapur, Asansol, etc. Check the photo links in post # 77.

And I never said 20 storied buildings are highrises!

I know you have this habit of stretching any topic endlessly unless you have the last post, maybe you think you "Win" in this manner, and exactly for this reason I will continue to stretch this argument as long as you don't stop, even though I am already bored now.

What logic! :lol:

Don't worry this time I will let you win and have the last post! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom