What's new

Microsoft Vista Users ,Your opinion please !!!

x_man

Reaction score
Hi

I was intending to treat myself with a new Laptop and want to get the Windows Vista but all my present h/ware i.e. Printer, scanner and Photo editor are configured for XP drivers and I have no idea if Vista will pick them automatically or will these behave properly.

I have never used Vista, so any guys here who are already using Vista, can you please comment about its performance and its compatibility with other hardwares.

Thanx in advance. :P

I say give VISTA another 3-5 years, maybe they will come up with an upgrade

5 years? Dude....in 5 years Vista will be obsolete.

IMO, if your computer is anything less than 2 GB RAM with dual core processor, stick with XP.

For a slower computer, Vista offers very little advantage over XP...

P.S. A defence forum is kinda the wrong place to get good advice about OS.

Try cnet or some other good computing websites.

Hi

I was intending to treat myself with a new Laptop and want to get the Windows Vista but all my present h/ware i.e. Printer, scanner and Photo editor are configured for XP drivers and I have no idea if Vista will pick them automatically or will these behave properly.

There could be some compatability issues but hopefully should work. Even otherwise, you can always dowload the new drivers for VISTA.

Hi

I rencently purchased another laptop with Vista, while my older laptop is running XP Pro.

Drivers- Most of the application softwares such as Printer drivers, Scanner drivers would be automatically detected by Vista and would run without any issues.
Softwares- such as Photo Editors etc might require you to download Vista version or Vista Patches from their website. I for one did not had any problem in switching from XP Pro to Vista except with my Sony Handycam. Strangely Sony have not published their Vista Version software for my DVR model.

As others suggested above, anything less than 2 GB is not recommended for Vista, especially if you want to enjoy the Vista Aero feature.

Stick with XP, Vista is really annoying and slow. :undecided:
Its designed to be too user friendly but it makes me feel really stupid as I have to reconfirm my commands 2-3 times before they're complied. :undecided:

Thanyou guys for all your support...i think that right now I will stick with good old trusted XP....and might consider Vista only once its bugs free..

I also heard that one cannot down grade from windows vista to windows XP, some kind of legal issue and MS would not activate it, so much for being honest.

If it happened to me, I will probably go back to Pakistan, will buy the 50 rupees copy of XP with service pack 3 included. :cheesy:

I understand why people do this now.

Bill Gates is his own worst enemy. :whistle:

Thanyou guys for all your support...i think that right now I will stick with good old trusted XP....and might consider Vista only once its bugs free..

I also heard that one cannot down grade from windows vista to windows XP, some kind of legal issue and MS would not activate it, so much for being honest.

If it happened to me, I will probably go back to Pakistan, will buy the 50 rupees copy of XP with service pack 3 included. :cheesy:

I understand why people do this now.

Bill Gates is his own worst enemy. :whistle:

It is almost impossible to buy a laptop with Xp, specially if you are living in a western country, i.e. no chance of old stocks!
Vista takes longer time to start as compare to Xp and lots of annoying re-confirmations as Neo mentioned. All dialogue boxes are new and you have to adopt your self to all new things.
In my case 95% of all old softwares are working but not sure about other persons experience.
Vista (ultimate) is good if you have multilingual family but in case of laptop, mostly chances are that it may be your personal machine.
My theory is to experience every new thing as early possible.

Vista is the best if you know what you are doing.

I have Windows Vista Ultimate, 2GB RAM with AMD Turion. No problems if any software or driver is not working then you should dump that software or hardware because if they cant keep up with the new OS then they Su**. lol

Microsoft coming out with windows 7 and then right after windows 8(code names off course)but vista(wasta)is obsolete already.

Microsoft vista that i had bought a year ago i had to upgrade it to a total 2 gig of memory 350 gig of hard drive one but on a general note i hate it

Vista came out with service pack 1 not too long ago. Resolved some performance and hardware issues with Vista.
I'd say give it a shot. Try it for three months. If it is giving you issues then move back to XP. It is not a bad OS. Slick looking like MAC.........Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom