What's new

Mi 25 attack helicopter gifted by India to Afghanistan reaches Kabul, 3 more to follow

Sir the link you quoted is of 2011, but still I 100% agree with you on this perspective..But if you just scroll above and read the messages, your fellowmen have specifically "quoted" objections on 4 Helis from Pakistan and I asked source for that "specifically"...!
As for your argument concerning about India-Afghanistan pact, its natural for Pakistan to be alarmed but it has significantly reduced now coz I don't see any news about it often from ISPR or FO...!
Objections are not about 4 helis per say....it is very logical for Pakistan to be concerned and there are myriad of reasons...both from Pakistan/Indian perspectives....let me share Pakistan perspective...
- For long you guys have have accused us of creating trouble in Pakistan via our consulates in AF..right?? Now it is quiet obvious that if we have started supplied defense equipment to AF then that means our strategic relationship is getting stronger day by day...As a pakistani this is obviously something that will alarm them...anyhow here is an old link...

Pakistan warns Afghanistan after pact with India | The Seattle Times

Last edited:
Sir thd link you quote is of 2011, but still I 100% agree with you on this perspective..But if you just scroll above and read the messages, your fellowmen have specifically "quoted" objections on 4 Helis from Pakistan and I asked source for that "specifically"...!

As clarified that 4 helis can't do jack so the concern can never be related to that....

As for your argument concerning about India-Afghanistan pact, its natural for Pakistan to be alarmed but it has significantly reduced now coz I don't see any news about it often from ISPR or FO...!
I will respectfully disagree....in geo-politics statements are not made just for the sake of it...they are made at specific times with specific reasoning behind it(right or wrong is another matter)....Now logically nothing changed as far as them being concerned...why they are not making hue and cry would be mere speculation...so i will leave it to your own judgement...

As clarified that 4 helis can't do jack so the concern can never be related to that....

I will respectfully disagree....in geo-politics statements are not made just for the sake of it...they are made at specific times with specific reasoning behind it(right or wrong is another matter)....Now logically nothing changed as far as them being concerned...why they are not making hue and cry would be mere speculation...so i will leave it to your own judgement...
Agreed..!

India delivers three Mi 25 choppers to Afghan

India has delivered three Mi 25 attack helicopters to Afghanistan, in what is seen as a shift in its strategy towards the strife-torn country.

Defence sources said that three such choppers have already been delivered to the Afghan government, which will boost its capability against Taliban terrorists.

The choppers were taken to Afghanistan in a C-17 transport aircraft of the Indian Air Force, sources said.

Another helicopter is likely to be delivered next week.

While Afghanistan has repeatedly sought India's support in beefing up its military's fighting capability in terms of machinery, India had shied away till now.

The development came after the recent visit of Afghan National Security Adviser Mohammad Hanif Atmar to New Delhi.

Afghanistan has till now been dependent on the US air support in its operations against the Taliban.

However, with the American forces pulling out that country to a large extent, the Afghan forces will be using the Mi 25 now.

The Statesman: India delivers three Mi 25 choppers to Afghan

India delivers three Mi 25 choppers to Afghan

India has delivered three Mi 25 attack helicopters to Afghanistan, in what is seen as a shift in its strategy towards the strife-torn country.

Defence sources said that three such choppers have already been delivered to the Afghan government, which will boost its capability against Taliban terrorists.

The choppers were taken to Afghanistan in a C-17 transport aircraft of the Indian Air Force, sources said.

Another helicopter is likely to be delivered next week.

While Afghanistan has repeatedly sought India's support in beefing up its military's fighting capability in terms of machinery, India had shied away till now.

The development came after the recent visit of Afghan National Security Adviser Mohammad Hanif Atmar to New Delhi.

Afghanistan has till now been dependent on the US air support in its operations against the Taliban.

However, with the American forces pulling out that country to a large extent, the Afghan forces will be using the Mi 25 now.

The Statesman: India delivers three Mi 25 choppers to Afghan
quick question...what is the route of this C-17...does Pakistan allows use of her air-space??

quick question...what is the route of this C-17...does Pakistan allows use of her air-space??
I don't think India used Pakistan's airspace though I read somewhere that both nations allow each others Military Flights to fly over their respective airspace ( haven't found that particular link yet).

On note about weird usages : India and Pakistan both share list of each others nuclear establishments every Jan 1. This is done according to the Agreement on the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear installations which both nations signed on 1988.
India, Pakistan exchange list of nuclear facilities - Times of India

There are helos deployed there but not fixed wing assets.

Garuds have been deployed alongside these Hinds for the Aghans.

Fixed wings too. Garuds and Marcos on rotational basis for base protection. However, SG and some assault teams of SF are embedded.

How many Hinds have you given them then?

Next question..... How many Hinds is the PAF trying to buying from Russia? Only 4.
So is that a case of a cheap-skate friend or a skin-flint customer......

One notable thing is: these are not the first time that Hinds have been given by India to Afghanistan. Way back India gave 3 Mi-24 Hinds and 5 Mi-8s to the Afghans. :D

Why?, PAF will equip Taliban with JF-17s to counter Indian influence lol

On Topic: Negotiations are going with the Indian government to equip each of the 7 ANA corps with 4 Mi-25 Gunships in the long run.

Meanwhile, Afghanistan's ambassador to Russian Federation has disclosed the possible purchase of 3 Mi-35 Gunships soon from Russia.

Last edited:
I think they are using Iran->> tazikistan >> afghanistan Route, because Pakistan didn't allow Indian its airspace.

They've not asked for Pakistani military hardware, but if they do ask for help, they'll the get same help Afghanistan received back in the 1980s. That is Pakistan risked its very own existence to liberate Afghanistan from the Soviet Union.

Makes you wonder why NATO's occupation of Afghanistan failed so miserably as well.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom