What's new

Mexicans are Indians from India

There is nothing lacking in it, Zoroastrians broke off from the Indians due to warfares and perceived wrongs. The myth of a savior was borrowed by the Jews from the Zoroastrians. So on goes the tale.
The Zoroashtrians believe their religion was founded by Zarathushtra. Our religion has no founder.

I thought @Hermione was English ? :unsure:

And @Ayush is some Fat Bihari Goat waiting to be made into Bihari Kebab ! :undecided:

Whereas @levina is an Indian Princess & my Sister ! :kiss3:

How the heck did any of you or your kin end up in Mexico ? :what:
in this case,india=india+pakistan+bangladesh
so,u better ask this question to yourself. :D

Well, if anyone from India landed there and were responsible for Amerindian art, why does the theory fail on three counts?
1. Why are they genetically so different from us?
2. Why did they totally abandon their most fundamental trait, Language? The Amerindian languages bear no resemblance to either Indo-Aryan or Dravidian language groups. Why is it so?
3. Why did they abandon their religion? Why is it that an entirely new pantheon of Gods was adopted, bearing no resemblance to Indic Gods?

I doubt given the research already done in these areas that any proof that radically alters the present views will present itself.
@SarthakGanguly for your consideration :)
First - I am not really religious myself, and that is pretty superficial IMO - I mean I believe what I believe, me officially belonging to A,B,C or D hardly changes that.

Anyway, coming to the point - now that this piqued my interest, this is what I found - there indeed are striking similarities between the Aztec and the Vedic civilization.
For that I found this - I encourage everyone to go through it - Similarities between the Hindu & the Maya Culture | Swarupa's World

Take it with a handful of salt - but interesting nonetheless.

Also note this - all gathered now from dear Google search :D
E. G. Squire in his American archaeological researches in 1851 wrote:

"It is believed a proper examination of these monuments would disclose the fact that in their interior structure as well as in their exterior form and obvious purposes these buildings correspond with great exactness to those of Hindustan and the Indian Archipelago."

Sir Stamford Raflles wrote, "The great temple of Borobudur might readily be mistaken for a Central American Temple."

"From child-birth to cremation and Sati the Astecs observed almost all Hindu rituals including the Gurukula system of education followed in India. The Incas of Peru with Ayar Brahman ancestry observed the sacred thread ceremony, the ear-piercing ceremony all other Hindu rituals and rigidly observed the caste systems of India.

It is not without reason that the Spanish author Lopez says in his book Le Races Aryans de Peru : "Every page of peruvian poetry bears the imprint of Ramayana and Mahabharata."

Conclusive proof? Not yet. But similarities are quite striking. There can be other reasons as well - simplest being a working trade relationship and
an experience similar to the Indianization of the South East Asia. But even then history will have to re-written - about who discovered the 'New World'. I am still not convinced, but I have got the food for thought :D

1) You will have to seek answer from a more knowledgeable person and I do not think the last word has been said about this as of yet.

Why did they totally abandon their most fundamental trait, Language? The Amerindian languages bear no resemblance to either Indo-Aryan or Dravidian language groups. Why is it so?

Indians do not have experts in philology and we have as of yet entirely depended on the Westerners for their understanding of language science. For those who say Indo-Aryan and Dravidian languages are different, I do not buy it. All Indian languages have this ability, any sentence can be arranged in any order and still be meaningful.

Mein jaarahahun. Jaarahahun mein.

Naa poorein. Poorein naa.

Why did they abandon their religion? Why is it that an entirely new pantheon of Gods was adopted, bearing no resemblance to Indic Gods?

Indians gods are were elements and taken from the folklore where ever it was born. You go to any villages, there is a different god. Gods we have not heard about.

The Zoroashtrians believe their religion was founded by Zarathushtra. Our religion has no founder.
Just like Lord Buddha. Or Mahavir. The branching/reform/revolution(you choose) is undeniable for Buddhism and Jainism. Similarly the similarities between the ancient Persian customs and Indian ones were very overlapping! There could be perfectly good reasons like cultural proximity and exchange of ideas. But the question remains who inspired whom? :)

First - I am not really religious myself, and that is pretty superficial IMO - I mean I believe what I believe, me officially belonging to A,B,C or D hardly changes that.

Anyway, coming to the point - now that this piqued my interest, this is what I found - there indeed are striking similarities between the Aztec and the Vedic civilization.
For that I found this - I encourage everyone to go through it - Similarities between the Hindu & the Maya Culture | Swarupa's World

"It is believed a proper examination of these monuments would disclose the fact that in their interior structure as well as in their exterior form and obvious purposes these buildings correspond with great exactness to those of Hindustan and the Indian Archipelago."

Sir Stamford Raflles wrote, "The great temple of Borobudur might readily be mistaken for a Central American Temple."

"From child-birth to cremation and Sati the Astecs observed almost all Hindu rituals including the Gurukula system of education followed in India. The Incas of Peru with Ayar Brahman ancestry observed the sacred thread ceremony, the ear-piercing ceremony all other Hindu rituals and rigidly observed the caste systems of India.

It is not without reason that the Spanish author Lopez says in his book Le Races Aryans de Peru : "Every page of peruvian poetry bears the imprint of Ramayana and Mahabharata."

Conclusive proof? Not yet. But similarities are quite striking. There can be other reasons as well - simplest being a working trade relationship and
an experience similar to the Indianization of the South East Asia. But even then history will have to re-written - about who discovered the 'New World'. I am still not convinced, but I have got the food for thought :D
Well said, Dude!:tup: It's this measure of circumspection that is very necessary for such comparative analysis. But I find it gone the moment a Hindu Supremacist lays his hand on it. All these suddenly become unquestionable facts and anyone who dares to point a few flaws will be branded as Anti-Hindu or Hindu-Apologetic. :tsk:

I will give you a better analogy. Indian sages called this world Maya, that matter does not exist. People laughed at them and their theories. Now we find that we are made up of "nothing." Now we are in search of a "god particle" which can give mass to a theoretical point particle. How did the sages know? Did they look into matter and conduct laboratory tests to arrive at such truths?

We made up of nothing? And sages said matter doesn't exist?
Your understanding of sages is weak, and that of physics is terrible.

They were sailing between Africa and Philippines, that is a lot of Ocean.

lol......if this is your argument, some basic geography wouldn't hurt.

I will look up the ships later on and post it if I find it.

It was either a junk (!) or a dhow. And off the top of my head i cannot think of any apparent advantages either of them had over the type of ship Columbus used, ie a carrack.

Just like Lord Buddha. Or Mahavir. The branching/reform/revolution(you choose) is undeniable for Buddhism and Jainism. Similarly the similarities between the ancient Persian customs and Indian ones were very overlapping! There could be perfectly good reasons like cultural proximity and exchange of ideas. But the question remains who inspired whom? :)

Yes, it's possible too. And I am quite convinced myself that Vedic Sanskrit and Avestan are more than just similar. They have a very strong relationship in terms of grammer, vocabulary and also the speakers who propagated these languages. Genetic analysis also shows that most Indians have a West Asian admixture in them. But where are such close similarites between Indians and Amerindians?

And as you pointed out, the Iranians too can say that their people imposed their culture over India! :lol:

The Zoroashtrians believe their religion was founded by Zarathushtra. Our religion has no founder

The oldest theories are the battles between devas and asuras. As a branch of Asuras, I do not see why they would break off with Devas and still follow the entire belief system intact. Apparently, they got some new ideas.

1) You will have to seek answer from a more knowledgeable person and I do not think the last word has been said about this as of yet.

Indians do not have experts in philology and we have as of yet entirely depended on the Westerners for their understanding of language science. For those who say Indo-Aryan and Dravidian languages are different, I do not buy it. All Indian languages have this ability, any sentence can be arranged in any order and still be meaningful.

Mein jaarahahun. Jaarahahun mein.

Naa poorein. Poorein naa.

There are quite a few philologists in India too! And philologists are Human too. Such a big breakthrough as proof of similarities between Indo-Aryan/Dravidian and Amerindian languages will not be concealed on the basis of such trivial reasons like Indians may derive pride out of this etc.

Right at the start I posted a similar link about the similarities.

The similarities between Balinese and Mayan temple architecture

Your understanding of sages is weak, and that of physics is terrible.
Your understanding of science is old.

The oldest theories are the battles between devas and asuras. As a branch of Asuras, I do not see why they would break off with Devas and still follow the entire belief system intact. Apparently, they got some new ideas.

It's also plausible the other way round. Would you like to concede that we broke off from an Iranic religion over some ideas that we had which weren't acceptable to them?

Back
Top Bottom